Plex addon , which one?
Hi
I am new to plex.
At the moment i use vero 4k with kodi on it
For the movie database, i use the emby addon which fills the kodi database

I want to do the same with plex, not sure if it can..
I've been looking for the addon, but i see multiple ones.
Which one do i need?

I want to use kodi as frontend (player) and plex only as backend to fill the database

Thx for the help
This one is the best option
thx will look into it

That fills kodi's database with the one from plex right
Yeah works sort of the same as the Emby. But i don't think you can have both the Emby addon and the PlexKodiConnect one running at the same time because they both need access to the kodiDB
I'm possibly looking to add either Emby or Plex in the future too. Just out of interest what do you think/feel will work better or differently with Plex instead of Emby?

I guess I'm really asking what the pluses and minuses are between the two options.

Thanks Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2019-02-09, 16:01)jmh2002 Wrote: I'm possibly looking to add either Emby or Plex in the future too. Just out of interest what do you think/feel will work better or differently with Plex instead of Emby?

I guess I'm really asking what the pluses and minuses are between the two options.

Thanks Smile
 In my testing, the Emby and Plex servers are virtually identical.  They offer almost exactly the same features and both work very reliably.

The big difference between the two is that Plex is more polished.  Its apps and web interface are better organized and prettier, and it tends to find higher-quality and more consistent artwork for your media.
Thanks for the info, most appreciated.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Wink 
PlexKodiConnect for me.

It may take a little patience to get set up and working just how you want (particularly if you'd like it to handle your music library as well), but it is great.  This is the addon that allows you to use pretty much any Kodi skin and enjoy all that awesome Kodi customization and eye-candy (isn't that why we use Kodi? Big Grin ).  The developer has great documentation to walk you through the process and all the options (on his Git page, I think?).  The developer is very active over on the Plex forums, and some of the other users over on the PKC forum are helpful too.

I use Plex to handle organizing and scraping all my media... It's great.   PLUS I've found Plex is better for reliable remote access if you've got a good cell signal.  I use Plex extensively on my stock iPhone when I'm out and about -whether I'm working out or on vacation or just looking to slip away on my own for a quiet lunch.  I have Kodi installed on a beefy HTPC on the main family TV (for the Kodi eye-candy and ability to launch games) and Rokus on all the other TVs around the house, and Plex has a solid Roku channel.  So it works with everything for us... But PlexKodiConnect adds the finishing touch. Love it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plex addon , which one?0