Some mkv files won't play on Pi2
The video that is working was "Mad Mission 5 (HK-Fassung).mkv", the video that isn't working was "Space Invaders [Arrow Video 4K-Remastered].mkv". 
I am using the "Raspberry Pi 3 Modell B+, 1 GB". To re-encode the files is no option, on Krypton EVERY video was working. Downgrad could be a last option - but I don't know how to.
Thanks!
There seems to be problems reading the file:
Code:
16:22:12.445 T:1512043248 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 103, Software caused connection abort )
16:22:12.450 T:1512043248 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 103, Software caused connection abort )
16:22:12.492 T:1512043248 INFO: Process - eof reading from demuxer

It may be network issues. Can you try copying the file and playing it locally? (e.g. from sdcard or USB stick?)
I've copied the .mkv to a SD card and yes it's working!
So we have the case that some .mkv aren't playable from NAS anymore and some are still playable. Some days ago on Krypton this was working so it must be something related to Leia.
Clean install Kodi Leia with brandew clean configs did not help.
I can't help much with debugging samba connections to NAS - someone else with more knowledge may be able to.

Does the NAS support other protocols like NFS?
(2019-02-08, 17:31)ashleywilliams Wrote: Clean install Kodi Leia with brandew clean configs did not help.
Do your homework on the differences in Samba versions, SMBv1 and SMBv2+. Things can be pretty messy with Samba.
If your NAS supports NFS, then have a go at that. It's been working stable for me for years.
Also double-check your network cables, just in case.
Cables are fine. NAS is pretty old and only able to handle samba.
I also tried the smb version settins in Kodi with no luck.

I now downgraded to Kryton and everything is working like a charm again.
So this is should be a problem between Leia and my NAS? But why only with some (always the same!) files?
Kodi leia did increase the chunksize used when accessing files over smb (to 64k).
Milhouse has produced a build with this reduced to 32K. Does it help?
http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/test...08f920.tar
(2019-02-11, 18:47)popcornmix Wrote: Kodi leia did increase the chunksize used when accessing files over smb (to 64k).
 Wasn't it actually decreased from 2048K to 64K?
(2019-02-11, 20:37)smp1 Wrote: Wasn't it actually decreased from 2048K to 64K? 

I think the issue was FFMPEG_FILE_BUFFER_SIZE was increased from 32K to 128K which resulted in larger blocks being sent through SMBFile.
When people saw issues the SMB chunksize was reduced to 64K. That may not have been enough.

So effectively the block size of ffmpeg reads through SMB increased from 32K to 64K between Krypton and Leia.
I did some tests on a Pi 3 with different smb chunk size settings (Leia). It does not seem to affect mkv files at all. It affects only .ts files and BD ISOs. 
32K: This setting is not good for some .ts files - random "buffering". However, BD ISOs open very fast.
64K (current default): less buffering issues for .ts, BD ISOs still open fast.
128K: almost the same as 64K.
256K: all of my .ts files work fine, no buffering issues. However, BD ISOs open slower.

It would be nice if this setting was user configurable.
(2019-02-12, 01:34)smp1 Wrote: I did some tests on a Pi 3 with different smb chunk size settings (Leia). It does not seem to affect mkv files at all. It affects only .ts files and BD ISOs. 
32K: This setting is not good for some .ts files - random "buffering". However, BD ISOs open very fast.
64K (current default): less buffering issues for .ts, BD ISOs still open fast.
128K: almost the same as 64K.
256K: all of my .ts files work fine, no buffering issues. However, BD ISOs open slower.

It would be nice if this setting was user configurable.
 I'm getting a similar issue with RPi3, but with mkv files. Buffering happening on larger files (cutoff seems to be around 25GB or so).

My thread is here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340881

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some mkv files won't play on Pi20