Coloured Studio Icons- How can I add additional icons?
Hi all, I've enjoyed this skin for some years - thanks to all for their dedication maintaining & improving this great skin. 

I just decided to move from Jarvis to Leia.  On Jarvis & Krypton, coloured TV Channel logos were stored in a location path of our choosing & it was straightforward to update and/or change the logos myself when needed.  In Leia I cannot seem to change the location or find where they reside.  I currently have many missing or outdated coloured TV Channel logos.  It seems now an add on is used (resource.images.studios.coloured) but I cannot find how to manually add logos (updating the add on fails).

Sorry if this has been discussed previously.  Any help appreciated - lot has changed in the 3 years since I last updated Kodi  Smile
(2019-02-13, 18:55)FumbDuck Wrote: It seems now an add on is used (resource.images.studios.coloured) but I cannot find how to manually add logos (updating the add on fails).
Are you referring to the logos for TV Channels? They don't come from resource.images.studios.coloured.

Have a read here and it might help... Live_TV_Artwork (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-02-13, 21:11)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 18:55)FumbDuck Wrote: It seems now an add on is used (resource.images.studios.coloured) but I cannot find how to manually add logos (updating the add on fails).
Are you referring to the logos for TV Channels? They don't come from resource.images.studios.coloured.

Have a read here and it might help... Live_TV_Artwork (wiki)     
Thanks but I am not referring to the Live TV/PVR section (I use NextPVR with my TV card & am able to display channels logos for live TV in Kodi no problem).

I am talking about browsing TV Shows from the main menu.  Previous builds we stored coloured logos wherever we wanted & pointed Madnox to the location (I think it was called ...aeon.nox.colored.gotham\flags\studios).  Here it is simple to create your own/update them when needed.  Now, when setting up Madnox Leia to use coloured logos I was prompted to install another add on.  Now I have some colour TV channel logos ...but many are either missing or are displayed black & white or are displaying the old versions I'd previously replaced when running Jarvis.  I cannot find the location where they are held to add my own coloured logos.

HBO for example is displaying as black & white in my Leia build, Sky One, ITV & many others are displaying old logos, many coloured logos are missing.  On Jarvis I added my own coloured logos & also updated logos for many others.  Is it possible for us to update them manually on Leia build?  Where are they held?

Thanks
Ok, understand.

The resource.images.studios.coloured is hosted here... https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/resource....s.coloured You can check the current version and see if the correct studio icons are used. If not you can add new icons via a PR.

On your local machine, the add-on icon file is located in Roaming\Kodi\addons\resource.images.studios.coloured and it is a single Textures.xbt file that contains all the icons.

This tool can be used to unpack it, then re-pack it once you modified the logos... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201883

If you use that tool, then ensure you disable auto-updates for the add-on or your work will be overwritten next update.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-02-13, 22:20)Karellen Wrote: Ok, understand.

The resource.images.studios.coloured is hosted here... https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/resource....s.coloured You can check the current version and see if the correct studio icons are used. If not you can add new icons via a PR.

On your local machine, the add-on icon file is located in Roaming\Kodi\addons\resource.images.studios.coloured and it is a single Textures.xbt file that contains all the icons.

This tool can be used to unpack it, then re-pack it once you modified the logos... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201883

If you use that tool, then ensure you disable auto-updates for the add-on or your work will be overwritten next update.

Thanks Karellen.  I'd found the Textures.xbt file but was unsure how to go about modifying it.  I've had a quick go with the Texture Tool & it was easy to unpack Textures.xbt on my test system Smile  I already have add-ons set to notify of updates but don't install them.  When I next have have time I'll try replacing/updating the logos on the Leia build on the main HTPC then recompiling with Texture Tool.  Should be straightforward, thanks again  Cool
@FumbDuck

Great. The icons should be 8 bit colour with a resolution of 161x109

If you are not able to add them to the official collection, do you mind sending them to me and I will submit them on your behalf. That way the entire community enjoys the benefits, and the next update of the add-on won't overwrite your work.
My Signature
(2019-02-14, 02:10)Karellen Wrote: @FumbDuck

Great. The icons should be 8 bit colour with a resolution of 161x109

If you are not able to add them to the official collection, do you mind sending them to me and I will submit them on your behalf. That way the entire community enjoys the benefits, and the next update of the add-on won't overwrite your work.

@Karellen.  Apologies for contacting you this way but the site will not allow me to send you a PM.  I was able to decompile & recompile Texture.xbt no problem at all.  I don't have a github account but I'll gladly send the logos to you for adding to the database.  I have set my own logos to 161px x 109px but I have an issue converting to PNG-8 (using TinyPNG) in that they display perfectly OK until compiled & added to Kodi when the logo colours are displayed incorrectly in Kodi.  If I don't convert the files to PNG-8 the logos display perfectly in Kodi.  For my own use I can use unconverted standard .png images so they display correctly ...but for use in the database they should follow the rules.

I'm using Pixlr to save the .png logos at the correct size & TinyPNG to convert to PNG-8.  It seems that Kodi doesn't like TinyPNG compression.  Is there a better way to do convert to 8 bit png to overcome the issue I'm experiencing?  I don't have access to Photoshop etc.  Should I use GIMP?  I'm no graphic artist.  Thanks
@FumbDuck

I have asked one of the developers, so I will await a response. In the meantime can you send one of your corrupted images, the original, then the converstion to 8-bit.

As this is not a skin issue I will split our posts into a new thread.

As for the PM issue, while you satisfy the time requirements, you don't have enough posts for full privileges yet.

Thanks.
My Signature
the problem with TinyPNG is that it converts images to use Indexed Color instead of RGB.
TexturePacker does not like images with Indexed Colors!

so don't use TinyPNG ;-)

in case you'd like to give The Gimp a try, you can use this option in The Gimp:
Image > Precision > 8 bit integer
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@Karellen @ronie I've had time to look at this again.  My images match those in the Texture.xbt & those recently added to Github, they also match in terms of size & canvas size.  I've named them so they match the file name for existing outdated logos.  For logos not currently in the database, the first character is a capital letter.  In GIMP I made sure it shows image >precision >8 bit integer.  Far as I can see everything is good & they work in my local recompiled local Texture.xbt.
I'm unfamiliar with uploading to Github but thought I'd have a go - looks like upload, add commit message, new branch, pull request ...unless I'm totally wrong Big Grin   I don't have access as File uploads require push access so I don't have permission (probably a wise move  Laugh )

I don't meet criteria for PM.  Unless any other suggestions I'll try & find a few threads to post in & raise my post count until I have permission to PM & then get the logos over to you.  Would be nice to give a little back to the community.
(2019-03-02, 14:13)FumbDuck Wrote: I'm unfamiliar with uploading to Github but thought I'd have a go - looks like upload, add commit message, new branch, pull request
i've never created a PR through the github webinterface myself, but i guess that should work. just give it a try.
(2019-03-02, 14:13)FumbDuck Wrote: I don't meet criteria for PM.  Unless any other suggestions I'll try & find a few threads to post in & raise my post count until I have permission to PM & then get the logos over to you.
not a good idea ;-)
making needless posts just to bump your post count in order to gain pm permissions will result in a ban for sure.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi,

i have version 0.0.18 of the colored studio icons and version 0.0.24 of the white icons

Is there a big difference in amount of studios represented in each one?

If I use the colored icons a good amount of my movies don't get Studio Icons. If i change to the white ones almost all of them get an icon.

Are the changes talked about in this thread available for everybody? If so i would like to try and see if that would solve my problem Smile

Thanks in advance for any help!
I've added these studios to the Textures file recently for my personal setup.

(2022-11-16, 20:37)oraclex Wrote: I've added these studios to the Textures file recently for my personal setup.

I can provide these and any future ones I create to those who would like to have them.
@oraclex
@OnyxCody

It would be better to submit the icons so they can be included in the icons package for everyone... https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/resource....s.coloured
Most users won't know how to modify the xbt file.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Coloured Studio Icons- How can I add additional icons?0