• 98(current)
Animated Movie Posters
here, I did not keep the first part because otherwise it does not loop
Hi all first post. I have some animated posters that I would like to use in my collection that are not currently in the database.
Now this may be a noob question but how are the ttf names designated? Is it a kodi database thing or can I find the codes somewhere
such as TMDB or IMDB?

Or am I going the complete wrong way about this and should just link the poster manually through the manage options in kodi?
(2019-02-17, 16:08)Pwnography6 Wrote: Or am I going the complete wrong way about this and should just link the poster manually through the manage options in kodi?

When you use standard skin the only way is to replace the mainposter with the animated poster the manual way though manage option - choose art.
There are skins wich can handle animated poster as a seperate arttype, but further support in the related skin threads.

This isn't a support thread, only a content thread.
I thought that may have been the case. I was more wondering where the IDs for each poster come from or if they are generated as they are added to the database?
I dont mind adding them manually but if I can give them some sort of corresponding ID like the ones allready in the database and just paste them in the roaming app data folder I would rather do that.

(2019-02-17, 16:47)Pwnography6 Wrote: I thought that may have been the case. I was more wondering where the IDs for each poster come from or if they are generated as they are added to the database?
I dont mind adding them manually but if I can give them some sort of corresponding ID like the ones allready in the database and just paste them in the roaming app data folder I would rather do that.

The IDs come from the database and are added when an animated poster/background is added.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2019-02-17, 16:32)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-02-17, 16:08)Pwnography6 Wrote: Or am I going the complete wrong way about this and should just link the poster manually through the manage options in kodi?

When you use standard skin the only way is to replace the mainposter with the animated poster the manual way though manage option - choose art.
There are skins wich can handle animated poster as a seperate arttype, but further support in the related skin threads.

This isn't a support thread, only a content thread. 
 And where is the Support thread?
(2019-02-18, 15:11)fischgourmet Wrote: And where is the Support thread?

As I said, standard skin is the only way to manually replace the poster with an animated poster. There's nothing more to say about that.

For some skins it looks different. If supported, and how it is handled you have to search and read or ask in the related skin threads. For support, there you are at the right address.
Every skin supporting animated artwork using script.skin.helper.service as dependency, you can also look and search there: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=235676
Not necessarily required, but you can also use ArtworkBeef in addition: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated Movie Posters13