• 264(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
do any of these players handle forced subtitles correctly with MKV's. In other words, I have movie with Eng subtitle and Forced subtitle. Will it automatically choose the forced subtitle?

I have a zidoo and it does not work.
Mpc be works fine most of the time. Kodi with ds player I find myself having to switch from full subtitles
(2019-02-19, 17:16)DAlba Wrote: do any of these players handle forced subtitles correctly with MKV's. In other words, I have movie with Eng subtitle and Forced subtitle. Will it automatically choose the forced subtitle?

I have a zidoo and it does not work.

Really?  I don't recall subtitles not working on my Zidoo, but then I only use it for 3D MVC titles.  Maybe I never noticed?  Someone said the latest firmware fixed some kind of subtitle issue on the X9S I have.  I installed the update, but then I didn't have anything specific to compare.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Hi, I'm newbie to 3D with Kodi. I'm currently using a Mibox and I just realized that the box does not support 3D MVC. Is there any other cheap alternative with android 8.0 instead of 6.0 on zidoo? Besides, I have some Half SBS movies in my drive for weekends. However, half SBS movies are encoded as 2D movies, I wonder if there is any solution to make Kodi view those files as 3D so that it split the screen for easier control. As you know, when I adjust my samsung TV to SBS mode, the control bar is stretched and it's a nightmare if I want to forward the movies. I have to switch to 2D mode, adjust the time and switch back to 3D, which is a nightmare for my experience T.T.
(2019-04-29, 09:11)warriorsorochilu Wrote: Hi, I'm newbie to 3D with Kodi. I'm currently using a Mibox and I just realized that the box does not support 3D MVC. Is there any other cheap alternative with android 8.0 instead of 6.0 on zidoo? Besides, I have some Half SBS movies in my drive for weekends. However, half SBS movies are encoded as 2D movies, I wonder if there is any solution to make Kodi view those files as 3D so that it split the screen for easier control. As you know, when I adjust my samsung TV to SBS mode, the control bar is stretched and it's a nightmare if I want to forward the movies. I have to switch to 2D mode, adjust the time and switch back to 3D, which is a nightmare for my experience T.T.
No other suggestible Box yet that would support FullHD 3D MVC than Zidoo X and Z9S. For 3D SBS and OU you can buy a cheap Amlogic S912 Box and use it with CoreElec for videos (and you can also keep the stock Android), still far more pro solution for videos in general than the MiBox. 
Or if 4K and HDR doesn't matter for you, than an older Mini-PC with Intel IGP's will do for 3DMVC. (but be sure it has HDMI 1.4 output, cause HDMI 2.0 with Intel IGP's doesn't work for 3D).
(2019-04-29, 10:44)Mount81 Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 09:11)warriorsorochilu Wrote: Hi, I'm newbie to 3D with Kodi. I'm currently using a Mibox and I just realized that the box does not support 3D MVC. Is there any other cheap alternative with android 8.0 instead of 6.0 on zidoo? Besides, I have some Half SBS movies in my drive for weekends. However, half SBS movies are encoded as 2D movies, I wonder if there is any solution to make Kodi view those files as 3D so that it split the screen for easier control. As you know, when I adjust my samsung TV to SBS mode, the control bar is stretched and it's a nightmare if I want to forward the movies. I have to switch to 2D mode, adjust the time and switch back to 3D, which is a nightmare for my experience T.T.
No other suggestible Box yet that would support FullHD 3D MVC than Zidoo X and Z9S. For 3D SBS and OU you can buy a cheap Amlogic S912 Box and use it with CoreElec for videos (and you can also keep the stock Android), still far more pro solution for videos in general than the MiBox. 
Or if 4K and HDR doesn't matter for you, than an older Mini-PC with Intel IGP's will do for 3DMVC. (but be sure it has HDMI 1.4 output, cause HDMI 2.0 with Intel IGP's doesn't work for 3D).

Big thanks to your help. I wonder if my R9 290 will do the work if I connect a HDMI to my Samsung TV and what HDMI type I should you with an AMD card. Besides, can you briefly explain about CoreElec. I read the introduction but I still have no idea how it can help improve the 3D experience.
(2019-04-29, 12:52)warriorsorochilu Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 10:44)Mount81 Wrote:

Big thanks to your help. I wonder if my R9 290 will do the work if I connect a HDMI to my Samsung TV and what HDMI type I should you with an AMD card. Besides, can you briefly explain about CoreElec. I read the introduction but I still have no idea how it can help improve the 3D experience.  
CoreElec is a free community developed OS optimized mostly for video playback for Amlogic Boxes with 905X or S912 SOCs. It uses KODI and it's being updated frequently. Quite refined even for 4K and HDR. Tho' it has no Full 3D MVC output support, it will play i.e. 3D BD iso's in half resolution, like the Over Under type. But It  plays "half resolution" SBS and OU 3D videos in the right way. So if you want Full resolution 3D MVC, probably it's not for you.

That R9 card should be able to playback 3D MVC in the right way, with full resolution. You need to use one of the HDMI ports with a High Speed HDMI cable, that's all. High Speed and HDMI 1.4 is enough for 3D MVC. Maybe the MVC KODI fork won't work for you (I'm not sure if it works with AMD cards), than just try PowerDVD, Jriver, or DSPlayer+MadVR.
(2019-04-29, 14:17)Mount81 Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 12:52)warriorsorochilu Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 10:44)Mount81 Wrote: No other suggestible Box yet that would support FullHD 3D MVC than Zidoo X and Z9S. For 3D SBS and OU you can buy a cheap Amlogic S912 Box and use it with CoreElec for videos (and you can also keep the stock Android), still far more pro solution for videos in general than the MiBox. 

CoreElec is a free community developed OS optimized mostly for video playback for Amlogic Boxes with 905X or S912 SOCs. It uses KODI and it's being updated frequently. Quite refined even for 4K and HDR. Tho' it has no Full 3D MVC output support, it will play i.e. 3D BD iso's in half resolution, like the Over Under type. But It  plays "half resolution" SBS and OU 3D videos in the right way. So if you want Full resolution 3D MVC, probably it's not for you.

That R9 card should be able to playback 3D MVC in the right way, with full resolution. You need to use one of the HDMI ports with a High Speed HDMI cable, that's all. High Speed and HDMI 1.4 is enough for 3D MVC. Maybe the MVC KODI fork won't work for you (I'm not sure if it works with AMD cards), than just try PowerDVD, Jriver, or DSPlayer+MadVR.  
OMG many thanks to your support. CoreElec seems to be the solution I'm looking for the whole time. Is there any difference between a half SBS movie and a 3D Remux/ISO movie? I have never watched a true 3D movie on my 3D TV.
(2019-04-29, 14:54)warriorsorochilu Wrote: Is there any difference between a half SBS movie and a 3D Remux/ISO movie?

Yes. Full MVC 3D (either ISO or now also with mkv) gives you the double amount of pixels compared to SBS / TAB encodes. To my eyes it makes a huge difference on my Optoma Full HD beamer.
(2019-04-29, 15:01)kaefert Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 14:54)warriorsorochilu Wrote: Is there any difference between a half SBS movie and a 3D Remux/ISO movie?

Yes. Full MVC 3D (either ISO or now also with mkv) gives you the double amount of pixels compared to SBS / TAB encodes. To my eyes it makes a huge difference on my Optoma Full HD beamer. 

That sounds promising. I guess I have to buy a HDMI cable to play those 3D MVC. Just so glad that I do not have to buy a Zidoo. It's sad that an Android box like Xiaomi still struggle to play 3D in 2019 while 4k ISO is fully supported. Perhaps 3D technology is no longer an interest of hardware manufacturers T.T
(2019-04-29, 15:23)warriorsorochilu Wrote: That sounds promising. I guess I have to buy a HDMI cable to play those 3D MVC. Just so glad that I do not have to buy a Zidoo. It's sad that an Android box like Xiaomi still struggle to play 3D in 2019 while 4k ISO is fully supported. Perhaps 3D technology is no longer an interest of hardware manufacturers T.T 
I'm afraid you misunderstood me. Most mediaplayers won't be able to decode MVC streams properly and send the full-hd 3D signal out via HDMI to a 3D display / beamer. I'm using a Zidoo X9S for it.

And yes, 3D has sadly gone out of style in the last few years. The hype has ended. Only some of the new movies are sold on 3D BluRay, a few years it was almost all of the "blockbusters".

I think most people never understood that for a good 3D experience you need a big viewing angle. You won't experience the amazing 3D effects with the average 20° angle you have in your average living room view from the sofa to the TV. And also not from the back half of an average cinema viewing room.
(2019-04-29, 15:26)kaefert Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 15:23)warriorsorochilu Wrote: That sounds promising. I guess I have to buy a HDMI cable to play those 3D MVC. Just so glad that I do not have to buy a Zidoo. It's sad that an Android box like Xiaomi still struggle to play 3D in 2019 while 4k ISO is fully supported. Perhaps 3D technology is no longer an interest of hardware manufacturers T.T 
I'm afraid you misunderstood me. Most mediaplayers won't be able to decode MVC streams properly and send the full-hd 3D signal out via HDMI to a 3D display / beamer. I'm using a Zidoo X9S for it.
And yes, 3D has sadly gone out of style in the last few years. The hype has ended. Only some of the new movies are sold on 3D BluRay, a few years it was almost all of the "blockbusters". 
Nah I mean the HDMI 1.4 cable would be connected to my R9 290 which fully support 3D MVC with full 3D.
I just thought that all android box should support Full 3D in 2019 when I buy Mibox. Then I realized just a few boxes are able to do it. I just wonder why manufacturers don't try to support Full 3D first in stead of the 4k Tech.
(2019-04-29, 15:37)warriorsorochilu Wrote: I just wonder why manufacturers don't try to support Full 3D first in stead of the 4k Tech.

Because 4k is the latest hit you have to print all over the boxes of your mediaplayers if you want to sell big numbers of them.
(2019-04-29, 15:49)kaefert Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 15:37)warriorsorochilu Wrote: I just wonder why manufacturers don't try to support Full 3D first in stead of the 4k Tech.

Because 4k is the latest hit you have to print all over the boxes of your mediaplayers if you want to sell big numbers of them. 
Anyway thank you for ur clarification. 4K is not a revolution to me, just a higher res and take a huge place in the drive.
(2019-04-29, 15:23)warriorsorochilu Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 15:01)kaefert Wrote:

That sounds promising. I guess I have to buy a HDMI cable to play those 3D MVC. Just so glad that I do not have to buy a Zidoo. It's sad that an Android box like Xiaomi still struggle to play 3D in 2019 while 4k ISO is fully supported. Perhaps 3D technology is no longer an interest of hardware manufacturers T.T  

The Zidoo X9S is a great media player.  I've had some issues with its own player recognizing my SMB3 network (NFS works, but not in ZDMC for some reason), but it certainly plays all 3D MakeMKV dumps with total aplomb and lets you remux the 3D dumps for Atmos/X/Auro-3D as well with MKVToolnix.  Smooth as butter refresh rate off local USB drives normally (I get an occasional brief hiccup with audio once in a few movies for unknown reasons, but that's about it).  Really, if they solved the SMB3 network thing (not exactly perfect on a Nvidia Shield either with its own file transfer functions, but it's supposed to be updated fully soon), I wouldn't even need a Shield, IMO.  Yes, the Shield has good apps, but nothing my ATV 4K doesn't do better (e.g. I can play Atmos on Netflix on the ATV 4K, even with a 2K projector) so I never use its streaming apps.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
  • 264(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17