errors out
i've uninstalled
re-installed
etc
same problem
didnt touch settings except for allowing unknown sources

help
Hi
Kodi isn't Whatsapp, you can write whole sentances, and have more than a few words on each line.  First read this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293115

Then (assuming you are OK with the above) let us know what you're trying to do, which addons you are trying to install and post a debug log to show what is happening to your system
Feels like he's having the same issue like I do: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341129
Freshly installed Kodi doesn't update/install addons from official repository.
quit bein a DICK!!!
were not on here 4 INSULTS
(2019-02-21, 01:50)lance7tour Wrote: quit bein a DICK!!!
were not on here 4 INSULTS

All forum rules apply to EVERYONE. So that includes you. Consider it your 1st warning.
Allow me to remind everyone of one aspect of the forum rules (wiki):

Quote:2.1 General conduct
1 Be civil.
2 Polite language is required.
3 Respect the coding efforts of Kodi devs and other coders. Calling a program or add-on “worthless” will be automatically deemed as disrespect.
4 Respect the efforts of the forum moderators and those answering questions or writing guides. They are working for free in a fairly thankless job.
5 Make an effort to read any sticky threads in the forum you're posting in, along with FAQs and Online Manuals.
6 Be patient. Kodi's user base is global and there are many more forum users asking questions than writing answers. Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your own post unless you have new information to add.

All users here agreed to them when they signed up for their accounts. But there does seem to be a certain lack of at least the first three. Also using a spelling check tool will be much appreciated. and yes, you are on a forum. Not at a telegram service station.

We must have a full moon tonight, people are acting pretty strange...
(2019-02-20, 20:50)lance7tour Wrote: kodi wont allow addons to install
errors out
Which add-ons specifically are you referring to?
With which errors?

Remember, we have no crystal ball, and we're not sitting next to you seeing what you see.
Not sure this is a valid and related answer, but yesterday I also had issues downloading and installing add-ons from the Kodi Repository (although I was using CoreElec with Leia 18.0). Every single add-on (e.g. Yahoo weather, Backup program, etc) would bring an error "failed to install". I was able to install add-ons from downloaded .zip files, and I did have a working internet connection on my setup (tested with Speedtest add-on) so that was not an issue with my setup.
Anyway, a few hours later that was fixed without me doing anything, so maybe the repository was down for some time ? Just saying...
There was a problem with a certificate expiration on the mirror server which has now been sorted out. That may have an influence here perhaps too.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.1 on Android0