OS X PVR addon does not show in addon menus after building into an Kodi 18 build
Hi,

I used to do the following to build and test the Enigma2/vuplus PVR addon in Kodi 18.

Code:

1. cd $HOME
  2. git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc
    1. Now I build kodi for OSX using make including the binary addons
  3. cd $HOME
  4. git clone https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vuplus
  5. cd pvr.vuplus && mkdir build && cd build
  6. cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=pvr.vuplus -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=../.. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../xbmc/build/addons -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 ../../xbmc/cmake/addons
  7. make

Then I would start the kodi build:
Code:

1. cd $HOME/xbmc/build
  2. ./kodi.bin

And if I navigated to addon section I would see the addon in: My Addons->PVR Clients->Enigma2

However in recent kodi builds the addon no longer appears in MyAddons, although it does say it's installed in the debug log:

Code:
pvr.vuplus v3.18.0 installed

I see the same behaviour on High Sierra and Mojave. My guess is it has something to do with how binary addons now have their own repo, or I'm doing something incorrectly/the process has changed. I have tried this with several PVR addons and the behaviour doesn't change. Here is a debug log:

https://pastebin.com/XSFFRP36

Any help greatly appreciated.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Building binary addons that way was never supported for osx.
(2019-02-14, 14:30)Rechi Wrote: Building binary addons that way was never supported for osx.

What is the supported method for building binary addons on mac?

Can I ask which platforms is it supported for?

It worked perfectly fine for many months and at some point it stopped, not sure exactly when. Is there much effort in adding support? Happy to contribute. Only having a Mac it would put me in a bind as far as maintaining the vuplus addon goes if I can't find a way to do it.
@Rechi any more info for me? Would be great to have a way to get this to work.
(2019-02-14, 20:28)phunkyfish Wrote: What is the supported method for building binary addons on mac?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ry-add-ons

(2019-02-14, 20:28)phunkyfish Wrote: Can I ask which platforms is it supported for?

The cmake command you are using currently 'works' on linux or windows. But it is also not officially supported, so it might break at any time.

(2019-02-14, 20:28)phunkyfish Wrote: It worked perfectly fine for many months and at some point it stopped, not sure exactly when. Is there much effort in adding support? Happy to contribute. Only having a Mac it would put me in a bind as far as maintaining the vuplus addon goes if I can't find a way to do it.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13600/...34e4079a92 is the reason why it doesn't work anymore.
Ok so if I use:

Code:

make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons ADDONS="pvr.vuplus"

And copy the resulting build into the local build or kodi addon directory it should be a suitable workaround? Once I have something that works that's good enough for. Will give this a try when I return home. I assume I can change the output of the make command to build to specific directory.

Thanks for your help @Rechi
@Rechi One more question.

If I use the supported method of building the addon as above how do get it to build using my local source for the addon? That's my only outstanding and then this should work.
Code:
make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons ADDONS="pvr.vuplus" ADDON_SRC_PREFIX=$HOME
(2019-02-21, 11:06)Rechi Wrote:
Code:
make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons ADDONS="pvr.vuplus" ADDON_SRC_PREFIX=$HOME

Thank you sir, amazing!
@Rechi one more question.

In order to rebuild for development I modified the command slightly to force a rebuild of target:

Code:

make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -B -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons ADDONS="pvr.vuplus" ADDON_SRC_PREFIX=$HOME

Is another form of the command possible that does not do a full rebuild after I've modified some source files similar to the older cmake command that no longer works?

Alternatively is there something I can add to the addon's CMakeList.txt to get this to work using the older cmake command to make it compatible with the changes here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13600/...34e4079a92
Code:
rm tools/depends/target/binary-addons/.installed-macosx* ; make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons ADDONS="pvr.vuplus" ADDON_SRC_PREFIX=$HOME
or
Code:
cd tools/depends/target/binary-addons/macosx* ; make
Thanks again @Rechi for being so helpful, I've documented in the addon readme. Works perfectly.
@Rechi one more question, it it also possible to specify the output directory?

So something like:

Code:

make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons ADDONS="pvr.vuplus" ADDON_SRC_PREFIX=$HOME ADDON_OUTPUT_PREFIX="$HOME/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons"

Obviously ADDON_OUTPUT_PREFIX is incorrect.

R.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR addon does not show in addon menus after building into an Kodi 18 build0