• 22(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
@Dumyat https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15572

The issue with timer duration appears to in the PVR code and not the addon so I created the issue above.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2019-02-21, 19:15)phunkyfish Wrote: @Dumyat https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15572

The issue with timer duration appears to in the PVR code and not the addon so I created the issue above.
Ah, Ok. Thanks for the update. Well, at least I wasn't going totally mad then  Wink
I think the issue may not be confined to just timer items. There is maybe a broader problem with duration times generally for PVR items, since I'm still experiencing some wrong durations on my guide screen. Here's an example of a programme scheduled to broadcast tonight:- 

Note the duration time at the top of screen is saying 1Hr for a 2Hr programme. I checked the same item on my STB and that is showing a duration of 120mins, which is obviously correct. I tried changing the guide data providers to EIT on my STB as you had previously recommended, but was still experiencing the issue. It's quite odd behaviour and seems to occur quite randomly. I've also observed that whilst this programme is showing the wrong duration right now, the nearer you get to the actual broadcast time it will sometimes correct itself. What's really weird and rather annoying is when you pull up the context menu and go to programme info, that is showing the correct duration:-

Whilst the stock version of Estuary does not actually show the programme duration on the guide screen, I bet if somebody tested it, exactly the same thing would happen. The programme info screen on that skin is also showing the correct duration, so I'm pretty sure the problem is not with my skin mod.

UPDATE:
Just checked my guide screen again and same item is now displaying duration correctly. Approx 60mins between the first and second images being created. Yup, very odd behaviour indeed:-

I think the Timer issue is different. With timers it using the duration of the EPG entry even if it’s just the end of the show that is being recorded.

This is the behaviour you actually want with the guide!
Ok, no worries.
I'll probably report the guide duration problem as a Kodi issue. Hopefully it will get picked up at some point. 
Was good that I was able capture 3 screen shots of the issue in fairly quick succession.  
Cheers
I reported the timer issue today and I’m now testing a patch to resolve it.

No time like the present, best to get it in before attention moves to kodi 19 Wink
(2019-02-22, 00:26)Dumyat Wrote: Ok, no worries.
I'll probably report the guide duration problem as a Kodi issue. Hopefully it will get picked up at some point. 
Was good that I was able capture 3 screen shots of the issue in fairly quick succession.  
Cheers

When it’s incorrect is it always one hour when it’s wrong?
No, unfortunately not. Have seen various discrepancies. 
First noticed the issue in December.
(2019-02-22, 13:22)Dumyat Wrote: No, unfortunately not. Have seen various discrepancies. 
First noticed the issue in December.
 I would definitely raise this as a github issue. If it changes over time my guess is it will be tricky to find the cause but no one might be aware of it. You will need a debug log and screenshots (which you have). Just be clear about the fact it's your own skin and that as it's not displayed in the default skin because that field is not used.

Before you raise the issue can you check the duration of the programme before and after the one with the error. It's possible it's picking up the wrong EPG entry and using that instead which could mean it's a bug in the addon and not Kodi proper.
(2019-02-22, 13:28)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 13:22)Dumyat Wrote:  I would definitely raise this as a github issue. If it changes over time my guess is it will be tricky to find the cause but no one might be aware of it. You will need a debug log and screenshots (which you have). Just be clear about the fact it's your own skin and that as it's not displayed in the default skin because that field is not used.

Before you raise the issue can you check the duration of the programme before and after the one with the error. It's possible it's picking up the wrong EPG entry and using that instead which could mean it's a bug in the addon and not Kodi proper.   
I'll definitely raise it as an issue with before/after screen shots and debug logs. Will keep my eyes peeled for another example of this happening. Maybe an idea for me to temporarily add duration to the guide screen on the stock Estuary skin with my own set-up and see if the same behaviour occurs. Then I can demonstrate the issue is not unique to my own skin mod.....
(2019-02-21, 20:21)Dumyat Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 19:15)phunkyfish Wrote: @Dumyat https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15572

Ah, Ok. Thanks for the update. Well, at least I wasn't going totally mad then  Wink
I think the issue may not be confined to just timer items. There is maybe a broader problem with duration times generally for PVR items, since I'm still experiencing some wrong durations on my guide screen. Here's an example of a programme scheduled to broadcast tonight:- 

Note the duration time at the top of screen is saying 1Hr for a 2Hr programme. I checked the same item on my STB and that is showing a duration of 120mins, which is obviously correct. I tried changing the guide data providers to EIT on my STB as you had previously recommended, but was still experiencing the issue. It's quite odd behaviour and seems to occur quite randomly. I've also observed that whilst this programme is showing the wrong duration right now, the nearer you get to the actual broadcast time it will sometimes correct itself. What's really weird and rather annoying is when you pull up the context menu and go to programme info, that is showing the correct duration:-

Whilst the stock version of Estuary does not actually show the programme duration on the guide screen, I bet if somebody tested it, exactly the same thing would happen. The programme info screen on that skin is also showing the correct duration, so I'm pretty sure the problem is not with my skin mod.

UPDATE:
Just checked my guide screen again and same item is now displaying duration correctly. Approx 60mins between the first and second images being created. Yup, very odd behaviour indeed:-

Show me the skin code for listitem.duration at top of your epg guide, please. Which time format string are you using?
Is the wrong duration always 1 hour, regardless of the correct value?

I'm asking because there is a place in the code that (for whatever reason) sets duration to 3600 secs if end time is less or equal to start time...
(2019-02-22, 18:10)ksooo Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 20:21)Dumyat Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 19:15)phunkyfish Wrote:  
Show me the skin code for listitem.duration at top of your epg guide, please. Which time format string are you using?         

I use a variable to display the duration. Variable is calculated by looking at the start of the duration from 1 min to 5h59m. As you can imagine, it's quite a long variable. Examples here:-
php:
<value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,00Smile">1 min</value>
php:
<value condition="String.StartsWith(Container.ListItem.Duration,00Smile">1 min</value>
php:
<value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:00Smile">1h00m</value>
php:
<value condition="String.StartsWith(Container.ListItem.Duration,01:00Smile">1h00m</value>
And so on....
The weird part is when I right click on a programme with the wrong duration time to bring up the context menu and go to the programme info screen, I get the correct duration, which uses exactly the same variable. That would suggest the variable is working as expected, but something is triggering it not to work on the guide screen.

I'm thinking to maybe test with the Estuary stock skin and see if the same behaviour occurs, using this variable.
I think the time formats got changed a while ago, so I might not even need this variable anymore. But I'm not sure if I can display the duration in the same way.
(2019-02-22, 18:22)ksooo Wrote: Is the wrong duration always 1 hour, regardless of the correct value?

I'm asking because there is a place in the code that (for whatever reason) sets duration to 3600 secs if end time is less or equal to start time...
No, unfortunately not. I have seen various discrepancies, ie a 2hr programme showing as 1hr or 3Hr. Or maybe even 1hr 30min. But as indicated on the screen capture above the nearer you get to the broadcast time, it seems to correct itself. So quite odd and often difficult to spot.
First noticed the issue in December and seems to be quite random.
Why not something like this instead:

Code:

<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration(h)]h$INFO[ListItem.Duration(m)]m</label>

I remember reading something about this being supported a few years back when I briefly messed about with skins.
(2019-02-22, 23:20)phunkyfish Wrote: Why not something like this instead:

Code:

<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration(h)]h$INFO[ListItem.Duration(m)]m</label>

I remember reading something about this being supported a few years back when I briefly messed about with skins.

Yeah I added support for different time format strings for several listitems for Leia, exactly to overcome the ugly workarounds used by Dumyat and others. Maybe you should give this a go. Search for the skinning engine changes thread in this forum for the details.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3