Intel Coffee Lake (NUC)
From what reading I've done, the i7 model is quite noisy, so I might try the i5.

It sounds like a fairly decent piece of hardware, anyone here actually have and use one daily?
(2018-12-04, 10:01)macel Wrote: So with the latest gen NUCs if HDR is working and enabled in Windows does it also work in Leia or is it going to play as tonemapped SDR?

If I understood correctly there is no autoswitching in Kodi so you either have HDR on or off through Windows itself. Just not sure if Kodi can actually play HDR now (using AppleTV at the moment but it would be nice to switch to NUC).
 When HDR is enabled on Windows 10 (1809) Desktop, HDR is disabled as soon as Kodi (18 RCx) starts. When Kodi stops HDR is enabled again. Also no HDR popup when playing HDR media under Kodi (using internal player).
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2018-12-10, 15:35)p750mmx Wrote:
(2018-12-04, 10:01)macel Wrote: So with the latest gen NUCs if HDR is working and enabled in Windows does it also work in Leia or is it going to play as tonemapped SDR?

If I understood correctly there is no autoswitching in Kodi so you either have HDR on or off through Windows itself. Just not sure if Kodi can actually play HDR now (using AppleTV at the moment but it would be nice to switch to NUC).
 When HDR is enabled on Windows 10 (1809) Desktop, HDR is disabled as soon as Kodi (18 RCx) starts. When Kodi stops HDR is enabled again. Also no HDR popup when playing HDR media under Kodi (using internal player).

So from what I understand HDR within Kodi is a no show. Any chance we will get HDRin the future with an update?

I don’t mind the lack of Kodi+HDR at the moment but I would like it in the future.
I found these two recent comments from chewit on the LibreELEC forum regarding HDR on NUCs:

24th November
... but I can confirm Intel needs to add HDR support to their video driver before the subset of NUC's that are capable can do it. The first submission of patches to the Linux kernel to start adding HDR support was only last week so it will be a while yet before things are usable.

16th December
Another revision of patches have been submitted in the last week. It will take time to get things merged upstream and have that trickle (or flood) down into LE but there is progress and ongoing development.
Anyone had any joy getting hdr to work under windows with one of these?

Been pretty horrible experience for me haha, though I might have mpc/madvr finally working.

Looking forward to the day I can ditch windows completely again.
Can anyone confirm if HD audio passthrough via HDMI is working with the NUC8? Windows and/or Linux and which kodi? I've read here many times that it's not with those kaby lake NUCs.
Haven’t had any problems with hd audio passthrough on windows with mpc.

I don’t think it’s working (very well) on the latest libreelec beta, at least it hasn’t the few times I’ve tried it. Will look into it more now I have windows sorted.
(2018-12-27, 19:46)gokudo Wrote: Can anyone confirm if HD audio passthrough via HDMI is working with the NUC8? Windows and/or Linux and which kodi? I've read here many times that it's not with those kaby lake NUCs.

All ok using LibreElec 9 / Kodi 18 Leia on my NUC8i3BEH. DTSHD-MA, TrueHD, Atmos, Multichannel FLAC 24/192kHz all via HDMI pass through to my AVR.
(2018-12-29, 07:07)HomerJau Wrote:
(2018-12-27, 19:46)gokudo Wrote: Can anyone confirm if HD audio passthrough via HDMI is working with the NUC8? Windows and/or Linux and which kodi? I've read here many times that it's not with those kaby lake NUCs.

All ok using LibreElec 9 / Kodi 18 Leia on my NUC8i3BEH. DTSHD-MA, TrueHD, Atmos, Multichannel FLAC 24/192kHz all via HDMI pass through to my AVR. 
But not HDR for video .. right?
(2019-02-13, 03:40)pletopia Wrote: But not HDR for video .. right?

Follow this LE thread for....

Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

Thx for that link. I used to follow https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/10219-...-265-10bit
The closest NUC type performance with 4K HDR10 support is the Apple TV 4K.
No Kodi and no lossless Atmos / DTS:X or bit perfect FLAC with that platform though - a ripper for pretty much everything else though Wink

(2019-02-13, 19:41)wrxtasy Wrote: The closest NUC type performance with 4K HDR10 support is the Apple TV 4K.
No Kodi and no lossless Atmos / DTS:X or bit perfect FLAC with that platform though - a ripper for pretty much everything else though Wink
 Okay. I do want Kodi though. I guess I can just switch from Linux to Windows for my OS. I've been reading up on the HDR topic for windows and can clearly see I need to use an external player. I found a guide to setup Kodi DSPlayer + MadVR to handles that. Only thing is it seems DSPlayer no longer is getting updates so latest version is based on Kodi 17.6. I haven't been able to find anything concrete on how I would use external players with the latest Leia build. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Came across this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2616287 .. seems like what I want?
(2019-02-27, 07:34)pletopia Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 19:41)wrxtasy Wrote: The closest NUC type performance with 4K HDR10 support is the Apple TV 4K.
 Okay. I do want Kodi though. I guess I can just switch from Linux to Windows for my OS. I've been reading up on the HDR topic for windows and can clearly see I need to use an external player. I found a guide to setup Kodi DSPlayer + MadVR to handles that. Only thing is it seems DSPlayer no longer is getting updates so latest version is based on Kodi 17.6. I haven't been able to find anything concrete on how I would use external players with the latest Leia build. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Came across this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2616287 .. seems like what I want?  
When @wrxtasy talks about "no Kodi" he means that very specifically.  The Apple TV 4K does support MrMC which is a Kodi fork modified to be compliant with Apple App Store guidelines.  This includes most of what makes Kodi great - but has a few caveats when it comes to add-ons (basically binary PVR add-ons are supported, but last-time-I-checked the widespread Python based stuff used for adding menu-based online streaming from third party sources wasn't)
(2019-02-28, 11:05)noggin Wrote:
(2019-02-27, 07:34)pletopia Wrote:

When @wrxtasy talks about "no Kodi" he means that very specifically.  The Apple TV 4K does support MrMC which is a Kodi fork modified to be compliant with Apple App Store guidelines.  This includes most of what makes Kodi great - but has a few caveats when it comes to add-ons (basically binary PVR add-ons are supported, but last-time-I-checked the widespread Python based stuff used for adding menu-based online streaming from third party sources wasn't) 
 Pass. I want an x86/x64 solution. Not AppleTV, not an Android solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Coffee Lake (NUC)2