Win Video Guide- Setting up Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod
I am working on some (hopefully) well-produced video guides for setting up a great Kodi configuration for beginners.

Hopefully, they can be helpful to new people coming in and seeing other peoples great and highly customized setups and wanting the same for themselves. 

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Video 3 of 3 is coming soon.
Thank you for the time and effort you have devoted to creating these guides.

You have asked for feedback which I now provide...
  1. The first video is a how to guide on the use of Media Companion, and not Kodi.
  2. Your guides use a Mod skin that is not in the official kodi repository and not all users will be familiar with it. A true Kodi guide will have been created using the default skin Estuary.
  3. You are encouraging the use of 3rd part media managers. While they do have a place in the Kodi eco-system, I personally do not believe they should be used for everyday scraping, nor should users be encouraged and confused with more software
  4. You state that Kodi scrapers are problematic. This is untrue and the Kodi scrapers provide the most accurate and comprehensive metadata scrape of any of the media managers I have been able to review
  5. Despite the notice on TheMovieDB website that the API's are for developers use only, you have ignored this and encourage users to register and download one.

Your second video is a setup guide for the Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod skin.

The guide would be more appropriately titled Setting up Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod and not "3 part video guide for Kodi". I will move your post to that forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-01, 03:23)Karellen Wrote: Thank you for the time and effort you have devoted to creating these guides.

You have asked for feedback which I now provide...
  1. The first video is a how to guide on the use of Media Companion, and not Kodi.
  2. Your guides use a Mod skin that is not in the official kodi repository and not all users will be familiar with it. A true Kodi guide will have been created using the default skin Estuary.
  3. You are encouraging the use of 3rd part media managers. While they do have a place in the Kodi eco-system, I personally do not believe they should be used for everyday scraping, nor should users be encouraged and confused with more software
  4. You state that Kodi scrapers are problematic. This is untrue and the Kodi scrapers provide the most accurate and comprehensive metadata scrape of any of the media managers I have been able to review
  5. Despite the notice on TheMovieDB website that the API's are for developers use only, you have ignored this and encourage users to register and download one.

Your second video is a setup guide for the Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod skin.

The guide would be more appropriately titled Setting up Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod and not "3 part video guide for Kodi". I will move your post to that forum. 
Thank you for the excellent feedback. I will take all of it to heart and adapt the content appropriately.
(2019-03-01, 00:44)koldtoft Wrote: Video 3 of 3 is coming soon
Would encourage you to upload part 3 I'm sure many users would find your video tutorials a helpful guide. If you could meet the issues Karellen pointed to, I'm sure the reception for your videos would be widely accepted and enjoyed for some time to come. Although the 'white background' was a bit harsh to look at, your voice and cadence was excellent.
@koldtoft

Thanks for the shout out! I appreciate the kind words.

Excellent guide, but you stole my thunder! LOL! Just kidding...I'm wrapping up a how-to video as well. Hopefully between both of our guides we can get everyone close to 100% with all the functionality of this skin.

And thanks to @MarcosQui for the great skin! I just adapted it to Leia and added some mods.
(2019-03-01, 00:44)koldtoft Wrote: I am working on some (hopefully) well-produced video guides for setting up a great Kodi configuration for beginners.

Hopefully, they can be helpful to new people coming in and seeing other peoples great and highly customized setups and wanting the same for themselves. 

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Video 3 of 3 is coming soon.
 Hello amazing and very helpfull  videos .I thank you and latts and Marcos for this amazing skin and mod. I am following exactly as explained the only thing is that when you scrape all of the artwork from media companion non of the artwork appears in the library except for content in extra folders.and then when you add artwork beef and everything appears. Am I missing something ?or the artworks downloaded are different locations .then why use media companion to download artwork if you are overriding it with artwork beef in each video.? Thank you for explaining.
(2019-03-02, 22:59)latts9923 Wrote: @koldtoft

Thanks for the shout out! I appreciate the kind words.

Excellent guide, but you stole my thunder! LOL! Just kidding...I'm wrapping up a how-to video as well. Hopefully between both of our guides we can get everyone close to 100% with all the functionality of this skin.

And thanks to @MarcosQui for the great skin! I just adapted it to Leia and added some mYou Wroteods.
You Wrote:I just adapted it to Leia and added some mods.
I hope that you add Shelf3D olso that are missing Aeon Mq8
@Bruce_Banner

I will add as much as possible to MQ 8. It will be a grueling process no doubt...lots of mods to add.
@koldtoft 

Cause teasert in the previous parts...
I am waiting eagerly for part 3, where is part 3?

Big Grin
+1
+1
+1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Guide- Setting up Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod3