Any closer to a release of 0.9.0??
It's not like I've disappeared... I understand "antsy"... I have a large number of commitments that keep me busy.  @"bornagainpengui" best answered many of the inquires.

As it stands PTVL has a release candidate; however, I lack the free time to oversee a release... for now, enjoy some of my other projects. Supprised there is not much buzz for SlingTV for Kodi!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2019-03-06, 19:56)Lunatixz Wrote: It's not like I've disappeared... I understand "antsy"... I have a large number of commitments that keep me busy.  @"bornagainpengui" best answered many of the inquires.

As it stands PTVL has a release candidate; however, I lack the free time to oversee a release... for now, enjoy some of my other projects. Supprised there is not much buzz for SlingTV for Kodi!
 How dare you work on other projects when you should be working on PTVL?! I demand to speak to your manager, young man...
(2019-03-06, 19:56)Lunatixz Wrote: Supprised there is not much buzz for SlingTV for Kodi!
I think that it may be that many of us who use Kodi now are cord-cutters.  We cut the cord because of the ridiculous cost of cable TV.  Paying for another subscription service full of channels we don't need (Sling) is not a good answer. 

Personally, I mostly use OTA TV.  Free is good.  I supplement that with subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and MLBtv.  I feel that is enough of my entertainment budget for TV. 

I use Kodi to further supplement my viewing choices for free - NewsOn, Black & White Movies, Snag Films, Comet, NewsMax, Fox News, Crackle, WeatherNation, InfoWars, Sky News, Cheddar, Popcornflix, Shout Factory TV, PBS Think TV, Pluto, Classic Cinema Online, WNBC Programs, WABC Programs, Newsy, and Charge (Notice I use a LOT of your addons.  I love the Bing Photos Screensaver too!  You do a lot of great work.) nicely round out my viewing options.

I feel quite a few others are using Kodi in a similar way.  The problem is the jumping from source to source for all of those choices.  That's why PTVL is so popular.  It can combine all of those disparate sources into a single, familiar, easy-to-use interface. 

BTW, will there be integration of Netflix & Hulu into PTVL? 👍
(2019-03-09, 19:46)Dennis_D Wrote: BTW, will there be integration of Netflix & Hulu into PTVL? [emoji106]

Look into PlayOn. Technically it already does...
(2019-03-09, 22:01)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2019-03-09, 19:46)Dennis_D Wrote: BTW, will there be integration of Netflix & Hulu into PTVL? [emoji106]

Look into PlayOn. Technically it already does... 
Here I thought that my previous post made it clear just how cheap an SOB I am.  Wink

Not interested in paying for another service.  I already subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and MLB.tv.  And I can access them thru my Vizio TV already.

I thought that with Netflix & Hulu capability on Leia, that 0.9.0 might be able to access their addons like 0.8.0f can access some addons.  I'm hoping to integrate as much as possible into PTVL as a single, seamless interface for my TV viewing.
(2019-03-09, 23:03)Dennis_D Wrote: I thought that with Netflix & Hulu capability on Leia, that 0.9.0 might be able to access their addons like 0.8.0f can access some addons.  I'm hoping to integrate as much as possible into PTVL as a single, seamless interface for my TV viewing.

It might be possible but only in 0.9x, which doesn't have a public release candidate available yet. I doubt the older version, 0.8f would be able to use newer services but I suppose if the context menu allows you to add it maybe? You'd have to play around with it or have Lunatixz tell us one way or another.

Personally I'm not crazy about PlayOn simply because it's a Windows only program and not available for Linux but last time I checked they did have lifetime membership accounts so you could pay once and use it after that. It's been a while though so I won't swear to it, you'll have to check it out for yourself. I understand about not wanting to pay for anything more though.
(2019-03-09, 23:10)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2019-03-09, 23:03)Dennis_D Wrote: I thought that with Netflix & Hulu capability on Leia, that 0.9.0 might be able to access their addons like 0.8.0f can access some addons.  I'm hoping to integrate as much as possible into PTVL as a single, seamless interface for my TV viewing.

It might be possible but only in 0.9x, which doesn't have a public release candidate available yet. I doubt the older version, 0.8f would be able to use newer services but I suppose if the context menu allows you to add it maybe? You'd have to play around with it or have Lunatixz tell us one way or another.

Personally I'm not crazy about PlayOn simply because it's a Windows only program and not available for Linux but last time I checked they did have lifetime membership accounts so you could pay once and use it after that. It's been a while though so I won't swear to it, you'll have to check it out for yourself. I understand about not wanting to pay for anything more though. 
Playon's list of plugins has shrunk dramatically in the last few years to where paying for any kind of subscription is not really worth it. Don't know the reason they are not keeping up with changing technology, but they are not.

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any closer to a release of 0.9.0??0