• 55(current)
Release IPTV Recorder
(2019-03-07, 09:46)primaeval Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 05:35)CpTHOOK Wrote:  
 The version of ffmpeg in the log is much too old.
It can't handle the "ffmpeg reconnect arguments". reconnect_at_eof is one of them:
Code:
Unrecognized option 'reconnect_at_eof'.
So you should turn them off or update ffmpeg.

I found this about compiling for Mint:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu     

I really appreciate you trying to assist me, but I got the same result with the development version from the resource you provided.  The directions were quite easy to follow of course and I followed them line for line.  Although the Dbug log shows ffmpeg actually doing something I think.  But the .ts file still does not increase in size and I get "addon error" from Kodi when recording begins.  Both Kodi and Debug Log below.  FFmpeg reconnect arguments were turned off.  Also, I removed part of my M3U source URL from the debug log for my privacy. 

Dbug Log   

KodiLog
(2019-03-08, 00:06)CpTHOOK Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 05:35)CpTHOOK Wrote:  
 The version of ffmpeg in the log is much too old.
It can't handle the "ffmpeg reconnect arguments". reconnect_at_eof is one of them:
Code:
Unrecognized option 'reconnect_at_eof'.
So you should turn them off or update ffmpeg.

I found this about compiling for Mint:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu      

I really appreciate you trying to assist me, but I got the same result with the development version from the resource you provided.  The directions were quite easy to follow of course and I followed them line for line.  Although the Dbug log shows ffmpeg actually doing something I think.  But the .ts file still does not increase in size and I get "addon error" from Kodi when recording begins.  Both Kodi and Debug Log below.  FFmpeg reconnect arguments were turned off.  Also, I removed part of my M3U source URL from the debug log for my privacy. 

Dbug LogKodiLog 
 That looks like ffmpeg is working ok.
There won't be anything in the ts file until you turn off
Settings \ Debug \  Debug ffmpeg stdout/stderr
(2019-03-08, 09:26)primaeval Wrote:

BINGO!!!!!  That was it....  Hot Damn, it's working now.!!  Brother, thanks for taking the time out to assist me with your awesome plug-in and I'm sorry if I took up too much of your post with my specific issue.  I just hope someone else running this with LM may find our troubleshooting useful.  Please provide a link to your Beer Fund - as I did not see anything in the OP.  Assistance like this should not go unrewarded!!!
(2019-03-08, 17:51)CpTHOOK Wrote:
(2019-03-08, 09:26)primaeval Wrote:
 BINGO!!!!!  That was it....  Hot Damn, it's working now.!!  Brother, thanks for taking the time out to assist me with your awesome plug-in and I'm sorry if I took up too much of your post with my specific issue.  I just hope someone else running this with LM may find our troubleshooting useful.  Please provide a link to your Beer Fund - as I did not see anything in the OP.  Assistance like this should not go unrewarded!!! 
Good.
I'll have to add a warning to the ffmpeg debug menu item. It has caught a couple of other people out too.

This is just for fun. If you get the opportunity to help someone else out in the future, that would be a good reward.
@CpTHOOK

Now that you have this one working you should try plugin.video.addon.recorder
It works amazing also. [emoji1]
ed_davidson01 Wrote:Now that you have this one working you should try plugin.video.addon.recorder
It works amazing also. 

Thank you for the tip, I'll read up on it and try it out!!!

primaeval Wrote:Good.
I'll have to add a warning to the ffmpeg debug menu item. It has caught a couple of other people out too.

Great!!  However, I found another bug with LM (may be specific to me).  I get an error when setting the recordings folder to an smb://  unraid share.  Funny thing is that the recording will actually begin in the share just fine, however IPTV recorder will crash and will no longer open until I set the recordings folder back to a local folder on the VM.  With my Win10 VM I have the IPTV recorder "recordings" folder set to an smb:// network share without issue.

(2019-03-09, 18:55)CpTHOOK Wrote:
ed_davidson01 Wrote:Now that you have this one working you should try plugin.video.addon.recorder
It works amazing also. 

Thank you for the tip, I'll read up on it and try it out!!!

primaeval Wrote:Good.

Great!!  However, I found another bug with LM (may be specific to me).  I get an error when setting the recordings folder to an smb://  unraid share.  Funny thing is that the recording will actually begin in the share just fine, however IPTV recorder will crash and will no longer open until I set the recordings folder back to a local folder on the VM.  With my Win10 VM I have the IPTV recorder "recordings" folder set to an smb:// network share without issue.

Try version 0.0.111.
I've wrapped the call to os.statvfs in an exception so it should fail gracefully.
It should just write the dirname out in the log.
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...4896947eda
Could you see if the directory name it outputs is correct and is the same as the one you added as a Recordings folder.
primaeval Wrote:Try version 0.0.111.
Could you see if the directory name it outputs is correct and is the same as the one you added as a Recordings folder.

Thanks!!  Version 0.0.111. is working ok and I'm able to open IPTV recorder just fine after a recording begins.  The share name that is output is almost the same per the kodi log (assuming I understood your request) with the exception of the number "1" at the end.  Compare against the screenshot provided in my previous post.

(2019-03-09, 20:04)CpTHOOK Wrote:
primaeval Wrote:Try version 0.0.111.

Thanks!!  Version 0.0.111. is working ok and I'm able to open IPTV recorder just fine after a recording begins.  The share name that is output is almost the same per the kodi log (assuming I understood your request) with the exception of the number "1" at the end.  Compare against the screenshot provided in my previous post.

That's good it's working.
The message that I added is 7 lines up from the bottom.
That directory looks ok.
smb://TOWERII/Media/DVR/

I have no idea where it is getting the "1" from. It doesn't look right.
Post some more of the lines above the top of that.
(2019-03-09, 20:14)primaeval Wrote:
primaeval Wrote: 
That directory looks ok.

Sure thing!!  Hey..  and if you need me to test IPTV Recorder within another OS just say the word!!  I'll install on a VM and work with you - as it's the least I can do.  Oh yeah..  and what is the "ffmpeg reconnect arguments" settings for exactly?  Will that setting try and reconnect to the channel while recording if the connection drops?

(2019-03-09, 20:27)CpTHOOK Wrote:
(2019-03-09, 20:14)primaeval Wrote:
That directory looks ok.

Sure thing!!  Hey..  and if you need me to test IPTV Recorder within another OS just say the word!!  I'll install on a VM and work with you - as it's the least I can do.  Oh yeah..  and what is the "ffmpeg reconnect arguments" settings for exactly?  Will that setting try and reconnect to the channel while recording if the connection drops?

I can't see what the "1" is for but if it works then we'll just have to leave it for now.

The reconnect options should try to reconnect the stream if there is an error.
It adds these arguments to the ffmpeg command line
"-reconnect_at_eof", "1", "-reconnect_streamed", "1", "-reconnect_delay_max", "300"
and the ffmpeg documentation is here
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-protocols.html
search on the page for
reconnect_at_eof
and it will take you to all three.
(2019-03-06, 09:21)primaeval Wrote:
(2019-03-06, 00:37)Laser78 Wrote:
(2019-03-05, 10:10)primaeval Wrote:  Now you need to open it up and see if it contains your xml file or if it is corrupt.
Use a program like 7zip.
https://www.7-zip.org/
or on android any one of these will probably work
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=gzip&c=apps  
it contains the list of channels, it is the same one that I use in Windows 10 and it works for me, but not Android.

I'm going to investigate because now, in Android, no list works for me, in all of them I see an error. I'm going to uninstall the addon and start over 
 You might need to delete the data directory manually if something has got stuck in there.
userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.iptv.recorder
I have done it and keep making the same mistake. It is strange and I do not understand why the addon can not decompress the file automatically. xml

The same file on another device with Android works for me. For example on smartphone HUAWEI P20 works. On MINIX device U1 no. The 2 tested with KODI 18.1
(2019-03-10, 01:04)Laser78 Wrote:
(2019-03-06, 09:21)primaeval Wrote:
(2019-03-06, 00:37)Laser78 Wrote: it contains the list of channels, it is the same one that I use in Windows 10 and it works for me, but not Android.

I'm going to investigate because now, in Android, no list works for me, in all of them I see an error. I'm going to uninstall the addon and start over 
 You might need to delete the data directory manually if something has got stuck in there.
userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.iptv.recorder 
I have done it and keep making the same mistake. It is strange and I do not understand why the addon can not decompress the file automatically. xml

The same file on another device with Android works for me. For example on smartphone HUAWEI P20 works. On MINIX device U1 no. The 2 tested with KODI 18.1 
Your gzipped xmltv url works in IPTV Recorder on your HUAWEI P20 and MINIX device U1 ?
I can't find the link to your xmltv file.
Post it again and tell me exactly which devices and versions of Kodi it works and doesn't work on.
Thumbs Up 
Hi,

On my Huawei P20 = IPTV Recorder works  Nod   ( KODI Leia 18.1 / Android 8.0 )
On my MINIX U1 = IPTV Recorder it does not work  No
Error always appears when unzipping automatically  ( KODI 18 Leia 18.1 / Android 5.1 )

URL xmltv link :  http://epg.tododream.com/latinmunich_xml...spain_5.gz
(2019-03-10, 09:49)Laser78 Wrote: Hi,

On my Huawei P20 = IPTV Recorder works  Nod   ( KODI Leia 18.1 / Android 8.0 )
On my MINIX U1 = IPTV Recorder it does not work  No
Error always appears when unzipping automatically  ( KODI 18 Leia 18.1 / Android 5.1 )

URL xmltv link :  http://epg.tododream.com/latinmunich_xml...spain_5.gz
 Try version 0.0.112.
It might be some minix file system buffering problem.
I've used a memory buffer to read the gz file instead of reading it from the disk.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Recorder4