How to use SettingsLevelChange anywhere on the skin?
Hello!

How to use SettingsLevelChange anywhere on the skin?

For example, I want to put a level change button in home.xml, how can I do this?

How can I change the appearance of the skin settings page externally, if there are no SystemSettings.xml, InterfaceSettings.xml, ServiceSettings.xml, etc. pages for this?
I need to have different settings pages, but not the standard one-type design.

Thanks.
I always criticize and always will criticize what is badly thought out and does not work well.
You can't - it only works in SettingsCategory.xml.

Load different includes based on which setting category is being used.

eg

xml:
<include condition="Window.IsVisible(systemsettings)">SystemSettingsLayout</include>
(2019-03-11, 01:36)Hitcher Wrote: You can't - it only works in SettingsCategory.xml.

Load different includes based on which setting category is being used.

eg

xml:
<include condition="Window.IsVisible(systemsettings)">SystemSettingsLayout</include>
Are there any specific examples?

I added code in SettingsCategory.xml:
xml:

<include condition="Window.IsVisible(systemsettings)">custom_SettingsSystemMyWindow</include>
But nothing worked.
How to make it work?
I always criticize and always will criticize what is badly thought out and does not work well.
Did you build the actual include (custom_SettingsSystemMyWindow) somewhere?
(2019-03-11, 13:25)Hitcher Wrote: Did you build the actual include (custom_SettingsSystemMyWindow) somewhere?
 What do you mean?

In the file custom_SettingsSystemMyWindow.xml registered window id, as written here:
xml:

<window id="1100">
No, in Includes.xml you then add the code you want used when in system settings.

xml:
<include name="custom_SettingsSystemMyWindow">
</include>

Then you need to add all the other settings windows.
(2019-03-11, 15:08)Hitcher Wrote: No, in Includes.xml you then add the code you want used when in system settings.

xml:
</include>

Then you need to add all the other settings windows.
 Added code to Includes.xml:
xml:

<control type="button" id="1">
               <top>10</top>
                <left>10</left>
                <label>Button 1</label>
                <width>200</width>
                <height>60</height>
                <font>font_Title</font>
                <textcolor>Grey7</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>White</focusedcolor>
                <disabledcolor>White</disabledcolor>
                <pulseonselect>false</pulseonselect>
                <colordiffuse>White</colordiffuse>
                <texturefocus border="0"></texturefocus>
                <texturenofocus border="0"></texturenofocus>
      </control>
</include>

Added code to SettingsCategory.xml:
xml:

<include condition="Window.IsVisible(systemsettings)">custom_SettingsSystemMyWindow</include>
But nothing works! When you enter the System menu, the default settings appear, and not my one button. Moreover, even my button does not appear.

What am I doing wrong? How to make everything work? I want to completely change appearance of settings menu.
For skin specific settings, I have been using skinsettings.xml.  It already exists so there is no need to set up the includes or a custom window.  From what I can tell, can pretty much be reworked to be whatever you want.   So far, it's working for me.   

Maybe give that a try.
(2019-03-11, 16:33)illfigurethisout Wrote: For skin specific settings, I have been using skinsettings.xml.  It already exists so there is no need to set up the includes or a custom window.  From what I can tell, can pretty much be reworked to be whatever you want.   So far, it's working for me.   

Maybe give that a try.
 Yes, I saw this file.
But this is not what I need. I want to bring each category into a separate window so that Display has its own separate window, Audio has its own, Input has its own, Internet Access has its own, etc.

It is necessary that the category items are separate from the settings, so that you can click on them and open the windows with the settings, like this:

And in the settings themselves so that when you click, new windows open, for example: when you click on Display Mode, a new window opens with a choice of settings, etc.

I just want to get rid of the standard appearance of the configuration. Each menu option should have its own window.
All settings are stored in ...Kodi/system/settings/settings.xml
How to transfer them to your skin?
I want to create a different look and feel!
They can't have their own window as they're hard-coded to SettingsCategory.xml. What you can do is give them different looks in the way I suggested but you'll need to hide one grouplist while the other is focused to make them appear as if they're different windows. It's a lot of work mind you.
(2019-03-11, 18:57)Hitcher Wrote: They can't have their own window as they're hard-coded to SettingsCategory.xml. What you can do is give them different looks in the way I suggested but you'll need to hide one grouplist while the other is focused to make them appear as if they're different windows. It's a lot of work mind you.
 Is there a real example to understand how this should work?
Is it possible to change the settings remotely using commands, are there such commands?
Something like that to change the settings from any places:
xml:

<onclick>Option.ToggleSetting(videoplayer.usedisplayasclock)</onclick> <!-- Toggle Setting - Sync playback to display -->
Is there something like that? Or everything is so limited
I did something similar with Conq where each section only appeared on-screen after being selected from the main menu but that's quite out of date now.
(2019-03-11, 19:22)Hitcher Wrote: I did something similar with Conq where each section only appeared on-screen after being selected from the main menu but that's quite out of date now.
 Thank you, let's see)). What can you say about the commands? What indicated above, do they exist?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use SettingsLevelChange anywhere on the skin?0