• 105(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
How can I change the icons' color ?
@m3ndi agree, how did you get each button at bottom a different color and filled like that?
Also, where did you find that YoutubeTv add-on? We have the service but I hadn't found a good way to get it in Kodi.
(2019-03-09, 21:44)Alanon Wrote: @cemmec You can opt to display every duration in minuted through a skin setting. If I remember correctly, that should also impact the duration in the widgets. The only way to remove the IMDb rating would be to modify some skin files and remove some code. Let me know if you want to do that. I'm aware of the scrollbar issue, so far it's got me stumped. Are you on Windows by chance?
@Alanon

Yes, I'm on Windows. I uploaded a video so you can see what's happenning. Video quality is really bad, sorry about that.

I just checked and the skin setting did't impact Spotlight. And yes, I would like to modify the skin and remove the code for the IMDB rating, if you don't mind to tell me where to modify. I searched everywhere but did't find where to change.

now i tried remove the line 1609 that you say with autoscroll + removed effect type scroll on includes_home.xml, and effect type scroll on DialogVideoInfo.xml

same, nothing happens, i dont know how solve it xD please crack help mee!! xd 

@wkupike2000 

Settings skin settings, customize skin, colours, enable colors for each individually title Wink
How can I make the color permanent and not only when I'm over the icon is the color shown?
@Alanon How can I make the color permanent un the bottoms/icons and not only when I'm over the icon is the color shown?
Hey there, recently stumbled on this skin and so far liking what I'm seeing - very clean and works well with mouse.

I'm trying to figure out how to disable the zoom/focus feature of homescreen widgets. Ideally I want to do the the following: keep all behaviors same on home screen except disable the zoom/fullscreen of image when pointing at the widget completely
I also would like to make it so the horizontal submenu bar automatically/always shows when aiming at a category instead of requiring additional input to get the submenus to display. With mouse and keyboard its kind of clunky to have to hit down input or use the mouse arrow, I'd rather just see them at all times if that's possible.
I'm new to Kodi but totally comfortable tweaking things around in .xml's, I just don't know where exactly to look to try to accomplish both things. I took a look at 'Includes_Home.xml' but I'm not sure if there's any other files relevant here.

Lastly, this is probably me just overlooking it but how do I invoke the QuickNav menu? I've assigned shortcuts but I can't figure out how to access it via keyboard/mouse.
Thanks in advance, any direction you can provide for which files for me to look at and maybe what section of them would be awesome!
hi @Alanon 

Sorry for asking again, i think you missed my question;

During video playback, notifications (library updates, trakt etc.) are displayed in a bar at the bottom of the screen. 
This hides the subtitles and is oftentimes quite annoying.

1) Is there a possibility that the notifications bar can be moved to the top of the screen?  (can i do that myself? how?)
2) Is it possible to make the notification bar a bit transparent?
@lualhdezo It appears directly beneath the setting that enables individual colours once you enable that.

@envee Hello and welcome! I get where you're coming from. I use Eminence with a mouse as well, and I've tried my best to make it as useable with a mouse as I could. Unfortunately, there are still vestiges and issues that persist because the skin wasn't really designed to be used with a mouse, and no amount of modding will ever fix that.

Now, with each sub menu being tied to one main menu entry, it's almost impossible to create an automatic system that won't actually block the menus themselves (like in many other skins). The so-called "touch submenu" design should provide you with as close to an automated pop-up as possible with the current layout and available space, appearing automatically roundabout the main menu area. The downside of this approach is that it's a bit unwieldy with a mouse, as the focus points are really close together. If you prefer the top-down submenu style, you can focus on one main menu entry, and then zip to the top of the screen with your mouse, which will bring the corresponding submenu down. The QuickNav menu works the same way - in about 90% of places around the skin (but not the Home screen) you can just zip the cursor to the top, wait for about half a second, and the menu will slide down. There's no ready way of keeping the menu always there, not without some gnarly effects, because the middle of the screen is meant for the widget and will always draw focus away from the menu/submenu.

There's also no easy way of making the widget behaviour less awkward for mouse users, so some modification will be necessary. From what I understood, you'd like for the entire interface to be vertically static? If I got you right, the way to do this is to go to Includes_Home.xml and uncomment one or more animations includes at the very beginning of the file. (Home_Icons_Animate) should suffice. This should lock the menu in place and prevent any vertical shift when you focus on the widget. Of course, you'll have to re-apply after every update.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hi alanon! on my last message i say you that i tried all for stop the rotating widgets...

Do you have another idea to try it?

Very thanks!
@tmaniac84 Sorry, just realised this now. Neither is possible without some tweaking. Go to DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml and find line 21. The colordiffuse setting you'll see there defines the colour of the background  graphic. For example "ffffff" will make it transparent. You can alter the position of the notification elements in the same place, by adding "<top>0</top>" to the first image, and "<top>15</top>" to the second image and the label. The only downside to this approach is that the notification will move to the top in other scenarios (within settings, or if you have fullscreen video background enabled, for example).

@cemmec You're looking for Includes_Label.xml, specifically "Label_HomeWidget_Info". The items listed under that variable are combinations of elements conditioned upon which are or aren't available. Incidentally, that's also the place to alter the duration code. Basically, you'll have to tinker around a bit and remove all the IMDb references and then clean up and remove the entries made redundant by the removal of IMDb. As far as scrolling goes, it appears to be a windows issue, and as of yet I can't figure out the cause, but I'm working on it...

@m3ndi Try and go to Kodi\addons\skin.eminence.2.mod\shortcuts\template.xml and remove line 28. Make sure to rebuild the menu shortcuts after removing the file to make sure the auto scroll setting is overwritten.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
@Alanon, thank you so much for the tip for the widget fix! I commented out both animations of "Home_Icons_Animate" in Includes_Home and it gave me exactly what I was looking for. The constant zooming in and out when moving a mouse around was disorienting, but now it's perfect! 

Like you say, for the horizontal submenu shooting the mouse to the top is pretty easy, part of my issue was the widget zooming in and out while moving the mouse up there being an annoyance. Getting rid of the Home_Icons_Animate solves this too, and now it feels a lot better to access that top submenu with a mouse. Perfect! QuickNav works great with this too, I was just overlooking it because I was trying to get it to work on the home screen. Whoops!
I tried giving the vertical menu a try, and I do like it better in theory but like you say it's a bit unwieldy and a tad too touchy with the mouse. In any case, with this widget change the horizontal submenu works for my needs so it's not a problem. 

My only other desired change is I want the home widget upon click action to either show information or even specify a smaller region for the click action if that's even possible (maybe if I added a button with this action instead??). Basically it's too easy to click it with a mouse since it's the majority of the screen. My solution for now is to set the Kodi settings to default to 'Show information' instead of 'Play', but ideally I only want that behavior on the widgets themselves and not the library.

Looking at Includes_Home.xml I found the following line under <include name="Home_Widget_Control">:
:
<onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.FileNameAndPath])</onclick>
I am assuming this line can be changed to get me that desired behavior, but I couldn't find the show info function on the wiki. Any suggestions? If not, I'll just use the Kodi global action because that works too.
Actually upon second look I might be able to reduce the clickable area with the 
1:
<hitrect x="0" y="0" w="150" h="340" />
line in the same section of Includes_Home.xml, I'll experiment with that and the <onclick> action and see what happens
omg! works perfectly u are the best man!

thanks for all!!!!!!
Hi,

Global Search does not work. Why? Is there now a solution to fîx this problems? Or does global search works on our installation?

hope you can help me

greetings Looks
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21