Long time to display screens after selecting
I think this may be related to the mosaic client but cannot be sure.

Using kodi 18.1 with the mosaic client pvr which likes to dvblink on a synology nas through nfs shares. I do not have many recordings and movies etc so the following problem is not a size timeout issue I am sure.

Used to all work fine but now I have behavior which means when I select Guide or Recordings or when I stop playing something the screen takes a few minutes to display. This happens every time so does not seem like caching. It may happen with other selections too to the point where it is unusable. Have tried reinstalling and clearing caches.

I have this in my logs to help work out what might be wrong. The ERROR is looking suspect - any ideas?

2019-03-09 17:40:01.771 T:18352 WARNING: Unable to determine channel type. Defaulting to TV.
2019-03-09 17:42:08.162 T:12792 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
2019-03-09 17:42:08.162 T:12792   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
2019-03-09 17:45:02.285 T:18352 WARNING: Unable to determine channel type. Defaulting to TV.
Managed to solve my own issue. This is a strange one.

Basically the problem is caused by the presence of an SD card inserted into the slot in the Windows PC where Kodi runs. Take it out and Kodi starts up much quicker and prevents the minutes it would take to display between certain screens particularly TV guide and Recordings. That SD card has been present for quite some time without changes and never had a problem until a couple of weeks ago.

I have no shares set up for this SD card in Kodi and do not sue this for anything in Windows. I guess there could be an issue in Windows, Kodi or the Mosaic PVR client driver or the SD card itself.

I can replicate the problem by simply inserting the SD card.
(2019-03-13, 20:20)cackster Wrote: Managed to solve my own issue. This is a strange one.

Basically the problem is caused by the presence of an SD card inserted into the slot in the Windows PC where Kodi runs. Take it out and Kodi starts up much quicker and prevents the minutes it would take to display between certain screens particularly TV guide and Recordings. That SD card has been present for quite some time without changes and never had a problem until a couple of weeks ago.

I have no shares set up for this SD card in Kodi and do not sue this for anything in Windows. I guess there could be an issue in Windows, Kodi or the Mosaic PVR client driver or the SD card itself.

I can replicate the problem by simply inserting the SD card.
I have the same problem with Kodi 18.2 on windows, i also use tv mosaic (dvblink), but i don't have anny sd card in the pc. I only have 1 ssd and  a second HD installed. My htpc has a screen (matrix) case is Origen AE S16V. When i look live tv and then stop the screen freeze, sound is playing on, then after 20 sec or so the guide or whatever comes again and i can switch again. Channel switch does work fast but only if i stop or press guide it has that behavior. Kodi works fast (response) with other thinks that i do ( like netflix or the emby addon for movies from my server. Its only related with live tv and recordings that this happen.
Needhelp with this, thankx grtz ed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Long time to display screens after selecting0