• 336(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Thanks again for all the replies. Smile
At this stage, all I want to do for each home movie subject is combine all the related clips into one simple mkv file.

I would love to do some proper editing (titling, transitions, etc) but very time poor at the moment.
So far I think my main problem is going to be my "mts" files from my Panasonic DMC-FZ40 camera.
@Nordo

In case you are not aware of this program... https://mkvtoolnix.download/

Very easy to combine your clips into one file. Just be aware of the difference between Append and Add Additional Parts, and it will save you some frustrating moments... https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/wi...onal-parts
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-13, 00:17)huttdes Wrote: Any thoughts as to why my general tab would disappear?

No idea why the general would disappear, it should be at the top unless you have scrolled to the bottom of the filter list.
I would suggest to unselect all those filters that you don't use there by having a smaller list.
Do that by right-clicking over the filters and selecting the configure option and untick the filters you don't use
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2019-03-13, 01:09)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-03-13, 00:17)huttdes Wrote: Any thoughts as to why my general tab would disappear?

No idea why the general would disappear, it should be at the top unless you have scrolled to the bottom of the filter list.
I would suggest to unselect all those filters that you don't use there by having a smaller list.
Do that by right-clicking over the filters and selecting the configure option and untick the filters you don't use 
Well, that got it back... but weird that it disappeared like that. When I went to the config tab it was still checked.
Thank you.
(2019-03-12, 20:45)Usafle Wrote:
(2019-02-24, 20:04)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-02-23, 04:37)Usafle Wrote: I've deleted the NFOs where there were duplicates.  Selected the "Search for new movies" they all came back up duplicate again and one or two of them that are dupes, won't even show anything in the main window of the program.  Not sure what the deal is?

Your other suggestions worked fine however. 

In the General Filter, select Duplicates to show them.
Then go to Table View, Select Columns button, and ensure you have a check against fullpath and filename.
This will show where the duplicate files are and what they are called. 

They all point to the same directories.

Its odd, as they are definitely different titles, thought I see you've got MC set to Basic Mode (eg, movie.nfo not <videofilename>.nfo) but that shouldn't matter.
Next would be to enable ID column in the Table, and see if they all have the same ID number.
Apart from that, can you zip some of those movie.nfo's and send me a PM link to download the zip.
Better yet would be to open a ticket on MCs Sourceforge, there you can attach files to the ticket so as not to have to find a upload site.
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-03-13, 09:26)vbat99 Wrote: Its odd, as they are definitely different titles, thought I see you've got MC set to Basic Mode (eg, movie.nfo not <videofilename>.nfo) but that shouldn't matter.
Next would be to enable ID column in the Table, and see if they all have the same ID number.
Apart from that, can you zip some of those movie.nfo's and send me a PM link to download the zip.
Better yet would be to open a ticket on MCs Sourceforge, there you can attach files to the ticket so as not to have to find a upload site. 

Where do you see that they are "different titles"?  They all look exactly the same - title wise - to me.... or am I not looking at what you are referring to?

I've added the ID to the table like you said.  They are all the same IDs as well.  I've got over 30 duplicates.  No idea why or how this is occuring.
(2019-03-13, 22:48)Usafle Wrote:
(2019-03-13, 09:26)vbat99 Wrote: Its odd, as they are definitely different titles, thought I see you've got MC set to Basic Mode (eg, movie.nfo not <videofilename>.nfo) but that shouldn't matter.

Where do you see that they are "different titles"?  They all look exactly the same - title wise - to me.... or am I not looking at what you are referring to?

I've added the ID to the table like you said.  They are all the same IDs as well.  I've got over 30 duplicates.  No idea why or how this is occuring.
Oh I didn't see that a double up each line is duplicated can you tell me if these movies are in parts as in part 1 part 2
Media Companion Dev.
Hi, I've been trying to get Media Companion to sync to my Kodi Library but I cannot manage to get it working. I would like to do this so it updates the watched status etc.
I would be grateful of any advice on how to do this.

Thanks!
(2019-03-14, 00:17)mataus19 Wrote: Hi, I've been trying to get Media Companion to sync to my Kodi Library but I cannot manage to get it working. I would like to do this so it updates the watched status etc.

Thanks!
The XBMC link functionality in media companion will not update the watch status all it does is update artwork and load the nfo into Cody.
I don't think it even removes that nfo info from Kodi
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-03-13, 23:11)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-03-13, 22:48)Usafle Wrote:  
Oh I didn't see that a double up each line is duplicated can you tell me if these movies are in parts as in part 1 part 2 
Nope, they are all one MKV file.
(2019-03-14, 04:55)Usafle Wrote: ]
Nope, they are all one MKV file.

So I assume there is actually only one movie.nfo those folders?
If there is, then can you zip up one of those movie.nfo files, and your config.xml file from Media Companion, and upload somewhere. Then PM me a link to download.
Alternatively you can go to sourceforge ticket site for Media Companion, open a ticket there and attach the files directly to the ticket.

And after that you can try, re-download MC and extract to a different location, add a movie folder source and refresh. See if these movies double up again.
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-03-14, 08:34)vbat99 Wrote: So I assume there is actually only one movie.nfo those folders?
If there is, then can you zip up one of those movie.nfo files, and your config.xml file from Media Companion, and upload somewhere. Then PM me a link to download.
Alternatively you can go to sourceforge ticket site for Media Companion, open a ticket there and attach the files directly to the ticket.

And after that you can try, re-download MC and extract to a different location, add a movie folder source and refresh. See if these movies double up again. 
 Good catch.  For whatever reason there were TWO .nfo files in all the duplicate entries.  One being labeled as movie.nfo and the other being listed as MovieName.nfo  

Deleted both NFO files in all the duplicates (also changed the setting to advance so it would save it as moviename.nfo)  Refreshed the DB, movies disappeared.  Scan for new movies, it picked up all the duplicates wrote new NFO files, refreshed again, duplicates are now gone.

I wish I could tell you HOW two NFO files got into those folders, but I can't.
(2019-03-14, 17:26)Usafle Wrote:
(2019-03-14, 08:34)vbat99 Wrote: So I assume there is actually only one movie.nfo those folders?

Good catch.  For whatever reason there were TWO .nfo files in all the duplicate entries.  One being labeled as movie.nfo and the other being listed as MovieName.nfo  

Deleted both NFO files in all the duplicates (also changed the setting to advance so it would save it as moviename.nfo)  Refreshed the DB, movies disappeared.  Scan for new movies, it picked up all the duplicates wrote new NFO files, refreshed again, duplicates are now gone.

lol, Puzzle solved * gg *

It is logical that if you have 2 .nfo files in each movie folder that you get everything displayed twice.
You will probably have changed the MediaCompanion naming settings and then done a rescrape.
(2019-03-14, 17:26)Usafle Wrote:

Heh, sorry I saw your other posts but must have misread them. Could have helped you earlier as I had the same problem recently.
I'm assuming I got the issue from using different media managers in the past. I used MediaElch for some time and I believe it was set to scrap movie.nfo as opposed to <moviename>.nfo

So if you have used a different program in the past that may be why or if you changed settings before a rescrape like @"chrissix" said.
(2019-03-14, 21:31)huttdes Wrote: So if you have used a different program in the past that may be why or if you changed settings before a rescrape like @chrissix said.

This, a different programm or you have changed in MC the .nfo name scraping setting "movie.nfo" or "moviefilename.nfo"

____

@mataus19 
Quote:Hi, I've been trying to get Media Companion to sync to my Kodi Library but I cannot manage to get it working. I would like to do this so it updates the watched status etc.

Thanks!
A MediaManager with a direct mysql link to the kodi db is a dream of dreams that has not yet been fulfilled - vision of the future. 
Never again need to (re)read something into kodi or refreshing entries in kodi - only binch watching in kodi. nice thought.

also in MC -> Movie Preferences -> Advanced -> you can set a <watched> tag.
If you manage your watched status via MC and not via kodi in the future, your chances of watched status will be remain is higher.

On my side:
If you set watched status in kodi -> refresh the entry in kodi -> it's not synchronized with MC
If you set watched status in MC -> refresh the entry in kodi -> it's synchronized with kodi

Conclusion -> watched status i manage in MC
  • 336(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10