• 45(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
(2019-03-13, 21:04)mantrius Wrote:
(2019-03-13, 18:45)gilsonsjc Wrote:
(2019-03-12, 20:41)warmbryan Wrote: Hi all,

I've been having issues with streaming 4K remux files from my Google Drive using the Kodi Google Drive add-on. I'm using a Nvidia Shield 2017 edition, once I play remux it plays smoothly for only 2-3 minutes and afterwards it'll stop and nothing happens at all.

Has anyone encountered this issue and have the fix to resolved this issued?

Thanks

I have the same hardware as you do and I am facing the same issue. I logged the issue https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googl.../issues/54 in the github for the developer to evaluate. It seems like it got closed BUT new evidences appeared after that. I assume the developer need to take a look at those evidences as well.

The workaround that solved my problem was to install Kodi 18.0 (I have the problem only in 18.1). That is not good though since I am not in the latest version/level of this main software.    
 I've been seeing the same problem on all 3 of my Nvidia Shield TV 2017s. The addon works and all files play fine when played on an Intel NUC5I5RYK running windows 10. I've pulled a debug log from one of the Nvidia Shields where files pause after a few minutes of play and then just quit (I don't get a source too slow error message). Here is the debug log 
Same thing here. It works only if I use Kodi 18 on NVidia Shield or a TCL Android TV. As the issue in github says, I am able to play correctly in my smartphone running Android 9
Same for me, had to revert back to Kodi 17 because video was pausing after a few minutes from gdrive. Using both this and tried ddurdle add-on. Kodi 17 works fine.
(2019-03-04, 19:46)ashlar Wrote: When it says "Add Drive as a source", providing the localhost address, is it possible to have multiple sources such as http://localhost:8587/source/Movies and http://localhost:8587/source/TV Shows? Or is it http://localhost:8587/Movies?

Edit: installed the plugin and understood how it works.
 Hi,

Were you able to add multiple sources like http://localhost:8587/source/my account/TV Shows  ?
(2019-03-14, 06:22)avraham Wrote:
(2019-03-04, 19:46)ashlar Wrote: When it says "Add Drive as a source", providing the localhost address, is it possible to have multiple sources such as http://localhost:8587/source/Movies and http://localhost:8587/source/TV Shows? Or is it http://localhost:8587/Movies?

Edit: installed the plugin and understood how it works.
 Hi,

Were you able to add multiple sources like http://localhost:8587/source/my account/TV Shows  ?   
I ended up going for the .strm approach but, yes, multiple sources are most definitely doable.

You need to have "Allow using Google Drive as a source" in the add-on settings activated.
Then you go to Videos, Add Videos, Browse. There you need to select "Add network location...".

In the window that comes up you select:
Protocol: Web server directory HTTP)
Server address: localhost
Remote path: source
Port: 8587

You press ok and then you can navigate Google Drive from the new entry created and select specific folders to create different video sources.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
@ashlar  Thank you, it worked.

Does anyone else has issues with subtitles not being picked up automatically when using google drive as source?
(2019-01-31, 20:27)calisto Wrote: Another strange one has shown up, have put a few TV shows onto my google drive, the shows scan ok but only one shows up in the TV section of kodi.

Here is my log file: hedidameka(paste)

Thank you.

@calisto please log an issue in github so I can have a separated track about this and take a look on it once I have some time.
(2019-01-31, 22:09)ferazzi Wrote: Hello, after I updated new kodi, it doesn't show previous episode i watched anymore. How can turn it on, i really don't know what episode i watched and what episode i haven't watched yet, please help.
@ferazzi I need more information than that. Please create an issue in github with all the required information.
(2019-02-05, 13:22)PeterZ Wrote: One issue though: After about 2 Month the app wanted again to perfom the initial security check (with entering the code at https://drive-login.herokuapp.com/ and so on). But why? Can this second (and third and fourth …) check be switched off?
I can understand it when implementing the App for the first time, but after two months again? And does it come again after the next 2 month?
This is a bit too much, I think.
@PeterZ the login is always requested by google, the addon only forwards the requests to you.
(2019-02-07, 17:11)AG76 Wrote: Is there a way to login to Google Drive and only access certain directories or login with only access to specific path?

@AG76 it's not possible.
(2019-02-15, 17:56)deadlock Wrote: Dear @cguZZMan , thank you for your great addon. I have 1 question that when it can support subtitles have format .smi Huh

@deadlock Please log a enhancement request in github for this.
(2019-02-16, 11:23)scofield272 Wrote: well done mate, works great.
little issue is when selecting export STRM the attached screen is not clickeble when using a remote (I'm using an Android streamer here), so i must connect a mouse to control it :

attached the screen that is not clickble when using remote :
https://imgur.com/a/ket5uah
@scofield272 it should work with a remote, please log an issue in github if you are still having this problem.
(2019-02-16, 12:03)bittihuduga Wrote: now what option do i select here? is it add network location -> web server directory?
@bittihuduga yes, it's a web server directony. No need of any google id, just the provided url.
(2019-02-19, 16:02)jayv2251 Wrote: Did I do something wrong during setup? If I did and can get the add-on to recognize each album under a particular artist, will I be able to easily select playing that entire album? The stock Google player for Drive only allows for one song at a time. Suggestions?
@jayv2251 read the following page to know how to structure your folders: https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging
(2019-02-20, 22:52)wickedfool Wrote: I have the strm files going back to my cloud drive in a specific directory, is that allowed? Is there a better way?
Do I need to sort them by TV and movie?
Can I share the strm files with someone else and it stream?
@wickedfool 1.- strm files are created by the addon. use them instead of creating one. 2.- Yes, if you want to add them to your library. 3.- No, it won't work
(2019-02-21, 05:24)v8_ute Wrote: In regards to my last post. The movies that don't get scanned in and require nfo's, fanart and posterart are movies that are not in IMDB.com
@v8_ute create a new feature request in gitbub for this. Right now it's not supported.
(2019-02-25, 15:25)starkman Wrote: Am I the only one who cannot view the photos that are not within albums ?
@starkman that is not supported. If you have a valid use case, create a Feature request in github.
(2019-02-28, 08:30)Disgrace2029 Wrote: I am getting Google Drive Error. Here is my log file.  faxowuxipo(paste)
@Disgrace2029 please create an issue in github.
(2019-03-02, 19:46)sabrex Wrote: @cguZZMan Any chance that you'd entertain the idea of creating a separate Google Photos add-on that relies on the Google Photos API as opposed to the duplication of media in Google Drive?  It would allow for a more secure authentication method and eliminate the need to use up google account storage quota for Google Photos content. https://developers.google.com/photos/
@sabrex the addon is using the Google Photos API.
(2019-03-02, 22:19)raczyk Wrote: I've just installed the app, awesome. But it does not display any pictures? Only displays folders and .mp4? Anyone else experience this?
@raczyk Enter the addon thru the Pictures menu to see your photos.
(2019-03-03, 02:59)nobody19 Wrote: Hi, just Setup the gdrive Addon and everything works like charm. But I still got one problem, I want to start the Videos automatic after the boot. Which path i need to Write in my autoexec?
@nobody19 you will need the folder id that you want to display. Create an issue in github to easily track your question.
(2019-03-03, 06:02)gilsonsjc Wrote: What can I do to make the Shield TV problem go away?! 
@gilsonsjc your question was already addressed in github.
(2019-03-06, 23:52)ashlar Wrote: One question: is there a reason to use the .strm approach as opposed to using Drive as a source with http://localhost:8587/source/ ?

Because unless I'm missing something, using it as source should provide and experience identical to local files with Kodi, so I don't understand why one would want the other option.
@ashlar people have different reasons to use one over the other. You can test both of them, pick one and share your experience.
(2019-03-08, 15:55)timetrex Wrote: Is this something that has been reported or you have found? Anything I can change to eliminate the issue. The Nvidia shield is hard wired to router. Bandwidth on my line not issue.
@timetrex it hasn't being reported before. Sounds like a kodi issue or an nvidia issue.
(2019-03-08, 18:45)ashlar Wrote: Unless I'm missing something, I don't find at console.developers.google.com any project active for this plugin. I ask because I'd like to monitory the API calls generated but it seems it's not there. I hope we are not running against a single account (the developer's at drive-login.herokuapp.com), as that could mean trouble in the future, if the plugin gets traction and more users "consume" API calls.
@ashlar if you want to monitor your calls you need to create your own authentication server, a clone of the drive-login app. It's open source and the repository is there in github along with the addons.
(2019-03-08, 18:45)ashlar Wrote: I see that the strm approach is much faster than the "use as a source one". On the other hand, unless I'm missing something, there's no way to simply run all the exports together to update them in one go.
When you create an export there are several options for it. You can setup a scheduled update (but that won't work for me, as the HTPC is not on 24/7) and you can "watch the cloud folder for modifications", or something along those lines. I'm not clear about this second option. What does it do?
If I go inside the addon "Exports" section I can use the contextual menu to "run" the export. But there's no way to run all the exports together. Moreover, is the "watch the cloud folder for modifications" needed for the export to simply add the new files and not overwrite everything that's already been parsed in the past?
There is no way to run all the exports together manually. You can schedule them. The watch option is to monitor your drive folder. If your htpc is not 24/7 it will sync your files the next time you start your kodi. The watch option will replicate your modified content only. It won't reprocess anything parsed in the past that was not modified. It won't delete all your strm files first and then reprocess everything. It will do what is necessary only.
(2019-03-09, 15:01)ashlar Wrote: On the other hand, for folders with thousands of files, I'm having Kodi constantly crashing (Kodi Windows x64, 32GB RAM machine). I've checked this over and over and it keeps on happening. Kodi crashes, logs does not display errors, just the scan entries that at some point simply stop (when Kodi crashes).
Log an issue in github if you still have this problem
(2019-03-09, 15:37)gilsonsjc Wrote: 1. Not able to load content from the Movies menuhttps://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googl.../issues/55
Thanks for logging the issue in github. I'll take a look once I have some time.
(2019-03-09, 17:11)KrLx_roller Wrote: Just installed this add on and working perfectly so far. Just one question: if I open the add on from the "Picture add-ons" section I can see the "Google Photos" category and browse my lib. The problem is that it is not showing the videos. If I open the add on from the "Video add-ons" I can't see the "Google Photos" category. This means I can't see the videos I have uploaded to my Google Photos account. Is there any way to be able to watch the videos within the Google Photos account? Thanks!
It's not supported right now. It's already in the list of future enhancements: https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googl.../issues/40
(2019-03-10, 05:19)iorifly Wrote: Would it be possible for the addon to ignore certain types of files Huh In my case it has generated strm for files without extension ..... The file that generated a strm was "_VUC69 ~ 7".
Please create an issue in github if you still have this problem.
(2019-03-10, 05:51)Disgrace2029 Wrote: Is there a way to turn off the STRM creation where it deletes the files/folders which are already in a folder and it recreates the STRM files? I don't want it to duplicate the work.
There is an option in the settings to turn off the deletion of files before exporting.
(2019-03-10, 19:43)ilovemymac Wrote: It was updating anything I put in my cloud folder and then within a very short time boom it showed up in my library. But i don't know its not doing it now and I don't know what happened. I did not change anything
Log an issue in github.
(2019-03-12, 15:44)ashlar Wrote: Also, is the developer still active on this? It's been several weeks without him showing up here, if I'm not mistaken.
Still active.
(2019-03-12, 20:41)warmbryan Wrote: I've been having issues with streaming 4K remux files from my Google Drive using the Kodi Google Drive add-on. I'm using a Nvidia Shield 2017 edition, once I play remux it plays smoothly for only 2-3 minutes and afterwards it'll stop and nothing happens at all.
Looks like an issue with your device or internet connection. Log an issue in github if you still having the problem with another device.
(2019-03-13, 21:04)mantrius Wrote:  I've been seeing the same problem on all 3 of my Nvidia Shield TV 2017s. The addon works and all files play fine when played on an Intel NUC5I5RYK running windows 10. I've pulled a debug log from one of the Nvidia Shields where files pause after a few minutes of play and then just quit (I don't get a source too slow error message). Here is the debug log
That would mean the issue is in the Nvidia side, as stated before. But if someone can find something useful that the addon can do, it will be welcome.
(2019-03-14, 06:22)avraham Wrote: Were you able to add multiple sources like http://localhost:8587/source/my account/TV Shows  ?
Yes, it's possible. I see @ashlar already responded. Thanks.
I got your subtitle question in github. Please do more testing as requested there if you wanna help.
Hi everybody. I've being very busy these days. A lot of work, but I'll always try to respond all your questions.
For now on, if you have an issue, please report it in github. It's easy to track each issue individually there and I believe it's easier for other people to find them.
Remember to always post your debug log file and respond all the questions when creating an issue or feature request.

If anybody wants to help fixing issues or feature requests, a pull request in github is always welcome.
If you can't code, you can always do a lot of testing an submit well documented issues in github.
(2019-03-15, 07:01)cguZZMan Wrote:
(2019-03-13, 21:04)mantrius Wrote:  I've been seeing the same problem on all 3 of my Nvidia Shield TV 2017s. The addon works and all files play fine when played on an Intel NUC5I5RYK running windows 10. I've pulled a debug log from one of the Nvidia Shields where files pause after a few minutes of play and then just quit (I don't get a source too slow error message). Here is the debug log
That would mean the issue is in the Nvidia side, as stated before. But if someone can find something useful that the addon can do, it will be welcome. 
That's where I'm leaning towards now after doing more testing and switching back to playing the same media off my local NAS.
(2018-09-06, 07:56)gurabli Wrote: I think you don't have to fully download encrypted content, the encryption decrypt is done on-the-fly.
I am kind a new to this cloud based storage, but getting more and more famiar (i do understan linux). Take a look at the gdrive implememtation of encryption.
As a reference, rclone encryption should be the aim, to be able to decode that with the password and password salt.
It would be certainly very useful, as encryption is always recommended, especially of putting content into cloud.

Your addon is really great, it works like a charm. I hope you will consider this option in near future. I'm here to test if needed.

Edit: to confirm, decrypt is done on-the-fly, no full download is required: Link. I guess gdrive implementation can serve as a reference?
Hi everyone, this feature is not implemented yet?
It's not implemented. You can add a feature request in github to have it in the list for consideration.
(2019-03-15, 06:50)cguZZMan Wrote: @ashlar if you want to monitor your calls you need to create your own authentication server, a clone of the drive-login app. It's open source and the repository is there in github along with the addons.
Ok. But what about the API limits with the regular setup? Each user is using his/her own quotas or is everything counted against a single "developer account" (yours)? That's what I was mainly worried about.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7