v18 I have a question about adding your media
How do I stream my media from my Windows 10 to my Fire TV that has version 18.1.
Because I don't see how you setup because I went in  UPnp/DLNA  and I enable UpnP support & share my libraries & that is as far as I have got because I don't see how to access my laptop from the Kodi app on my Fire tv
I’d recommend to use a windows share. You need to download a plugin for samba v2/3 for Kodi.
(2019-03-18, 06:52)PHiLiPZ Wrote: You need to download a plugin for samba v2/3 for Kodi.

Really? And exactly which 'plugin' is that? I think you haven't completed all your lessons on Kodi yet.

(2019-03-18, 05:00)cooley76 Wrote: Because I don't see how you setup because I went in  UPnp/DLNA  and I enable UpnP support & share my libraries & that is as far as I have got because I don't see how to access my laptop from the Kodi app on my Fire tv

Sharing your video collection via UPnP can only happen via Kodi's video library, which in turn requires you to have 'scraped' your video collection via network file protocol using for example SMB (Samba) or NFS.

Creating a SMB network source has become a bit more complex, because Windows imposed more restrictions on SMBv2. It means your Windows "server" has to have a user account WITH a password. Also, 'browsing' to your Windows Samba network no longer works. You will need to use the "Add a network location ..." in Kodi, fill in all credentials and necessary path(s), and add a source that way.
Well can you explain in more detail  if you don't mind how to setup Add a network location in Kodi please
I have done these steps & I am still confused why it is not working & the steps are these:
1. Turn on SMB1
2. I tried to setup the Windows SMB network setup in Kodi & I keep getting an error & that is this: I went under videos & I hit browse & I selected Windows network (SMB) & it shows the name 
WORKGROUP & I click on that & then I can either get to click on my computer name & I always get the error: Operation not permitted & last night it would let me select my pc name last not today.
3. Also setup all my media folders to share
I am confused here how do I post a debug log
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2019-03-18, 09:23)Klojum Wrote: Creating a SMB network source has become a bit more complex, because Windows imposed more restrictions on SMBv2. It means your Windows "server" has to have a user account WITH a password. Also, 'browsing' to your Windows Samba network no longer works. You will need to use the "Add a network location ..." in Kodi, fill in all credentials and necessary path(s), and add a source that way.

I can't even get this method to workHuh  I get a pop-up after setting up this approach that says "Operation not permitted" when clicking on the link created under Pictures.  Where am I going wrong please?
Kodi 19.3 on : Windows 10 Server
Kodi 19.3 on : Lenovo Tab 3 10" Android - (Now SMB share to Win 10 Server - See Post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2847071)
(2019-04-18, 00:08)Hyde Wrote: Where am I going wrong please?
Make sure all network devices involved are supporting SMBv2 .
(2019-04-18, 07:46)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 00:08)Hyde Wrote: Where am I going wrong please?
Make sure all network devices involved are supporting SMBv2 . 
Well I'm assuming Windows 10 does as they took out support for v1 and I have even ticked the SMB feature in Windows "Add Windows Features" tool and I'm also assuming that Leia 18.1 does too?  I think I even saw an option somewhere in Leia that said maximum SMB version to be supported and that setting said V3.

When you say 'all network devices'... Does that include the router and Ethernet over mains adapters I have in my network too?
Kodi 19.3 on : Lenovo Tab 3 10" Android - (Now SMB share to Win 10 Server - See Post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2847071)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329452
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2019-04-18, 13:34)bry Wrote: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329452
Cheers.  I have NFS enabled too in Windows 10 via the 'Add Windows Features' tool.  I can't get Leia to use NFS either.  Is there something more I have to do other than simply tick this option and close the tool?
<<SOLVED, for me at least>>

In Kodi, you have to go into Settings > Services > SMB Client and set the Maximum protocol version to be "SMBv2".  By default, mine was set to "SMBv3", why this doesn't work with Windows 10 is beyond me!

Then in...

Pictures > Add Pictures > Add pictures source > Browse > Add network location...

Protocol = Windows network (SMB)

Then, you have to type all this stuff, you can't use the browse feature...

Server Name = IP address of the server (mines a static IP issued by my router)
Shared folder = path to the pictures, in my case Photos/HydeGallery (no leading or trailing "/")
Username = A user you have previously setup an account for in Windows 10
Password = The password you assigned for the Username

Click 'OK'

Then you get to name the location, in my case "HydeGallery".  HydeGallery now appears as a location in Pictures.  Click on that and I get all my subfolders, and from there I can click "Options" and select the "Recursive slideshow" option.  Then Kodi sits there for around 5 to 10 minutes without the counter turning circle of 'I'm doing something please wait' graphic.  Then the slideshow just starts.

What a palaver!
(2019-04-18, 18:03)Hyde Wrote: In Kodi, you have to go into Settings > Services > SMB Client and set the Maximum protocol version to be "SMBv2".

Kodi on xbox has no this setting. Maximum protocol version available on linux only (and android may be).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I have a question about adding your media0