• 27(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia
First of all, great skin, really fantastic work!

I have one question, and I feel it might be just due to being first time on any Aeon skin... (sorry in advance)
But what exactly are those Flexible Widgets about ?

I ran accidentally into this when pressing the up arrow in a main menu item.
I played around there, saw widgets (e.g. Recently added movies) being added to the background screen area.
But I somehow got stuck and could not erase those again. For sure I overlooked something in this concept.
Ended in having the provided "factory reset of skin" in skin settings to be done. (A real great final rescue knob!)
Also I read something on "Fast Change". But I am unsure what this does or how.
Before playing around again. Is there any short explanation on how to use all of this ?

I also feel this one might become a potential "problem" if some of my family members accidentally run into this flexible widget picker...
So another dumb question, I am sure. But is there somewhere a "disable flexible widget" setting ?
Actually even better would be a "disable modification of flexible widget".
Once I will understand the feature I could properly set it up and then prevent family members of
accidentally creating a mess. I know from other skins there are kiosk modes. But those tend to block away quite a lot at once ...
(2019-03-18, 15:35)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2019-03-18, 12:11)Wanilton Wrote: @Jeffers24

If I understand you created 2 main menus with the same add-on, when run you have same menu.

When navigage add-ons, goes to UK Radio, context menu, add to favourites, same do Spain Radio. Now add via customize 2 items choosing favourites item, will work ok, when run you see only UK or Spain Radio. About submenu, why you need if was for get prefered station, the procedure is the same, add to favourites, e after insert via customize main menu.
@Wanilton 

I want top level menu options Radio UK and Radio Spain when selected to start the same Music addon, called 'Radio' from Kodi repo.

I then want to have a set of UK radio stations under the Radio UK main menu item

As well as to have a set of Spanish radio stations under the Radio Spain main menu item.

There is only one Radio addon, started by choosing Radio UK or Radio Spain main menu items.

But under Radio UK and Radio Spain main menu options I want different submenu option/choices.

I went to Music addons and set the Radio addon as a favourite.

I then used 'Replace This Menu With' in settings twice, to allocate the favourite Radio addon to the Radio UK and Radio Spain main menu options

The problem was still the same, If I change the submenu item/s of Radio UK or Radio Spain, both submenus get changed.

'Replace This Menu With' doesn't just replace the target menu, somehow it links the two submenu sets as one, a change in the Radio UK set of submenu/s is mirrored in the Radio Spain submenu/s.

My requirement is to add associate an addon or favourite with a main menu choice, such that if I select the main menu item it starts the addon or favourite.

Is it possible to do this?  

@Wanilton 

I think I have achieved what I wanted to do, I say think as I don't know if I have caused myself problems as I don't understand the code around the change I made

I now have two main menu options with the same associated music addon 'Radio' and different submenus

Radio UK

Radio Spain

By changing the settings.xml in Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq8

From this

To this, Made Radio addon a favourite and associated to the Radio main menu option, then changed the menu6.path to make it the same as menu7.path

Hope this makes clear what I wanted to do, if there is a way to do this without modifying code please let me know

Thanks for your time on this
@Jeffers

I try here, and have the same issue, I will talk with Marcos About.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2019-03-18, 16:37)suisse Wrote: First of all, great skin, really fantastic work!

I have one question, and I feel it might be just due to being first time on any Aeon skin... (sorry in advance)
But what exactly are those Flexible Widgets about ?

I ran accidentally into this when pressing the up arrow in a main menu item.
I played around there, saw widgets (e.g. Recently added movies) being added to the background screen area.
But I somehow got stuck and could not erase those again. For sure I overlooked something in this concept.
Ended in having the provided "factory reset of skin" in skin settings to be done. (A real great final rescue knob!)
Also I read something on "Fast Change". But I am unsure what this does or how.
Before playing around again. Is there any short explanation on how to use all of this ?

I also feel this one might become a potential "problem" if some of my family members accidentally run into this flexible widget picker...
So another dumb question, I am sure. But is there somewhere a "disable flexible widget" setting ?
Once I will understand the feature I could properly set it up and then prevent family members of
accidentally creating a mess. I know from other skins there are kiosk modes. But those tend to block away quite a lot at once ...

Appear items above the main menu when choosing widget, with info and shortcuts. After choose one widget, the correct way to reopen widget selector is to click enter in widget button, see the image

The only way for disabling flexible widgets is using kiosk modes.
(2019-03-18, 16:37)suisse Wrote: I ran accidentally into this when pressing the up arrow in a main menu item.

If you have activated a widget and press "up" in the main menu, another menu-bar below the widgets will appear... on the right there is an item called "Widgets"... click it and you can choose another widget or deactivate widgets for the current menu item.
(2019-03-18, 16:18)Bruce_Banner Wrote: Hi Wanilton.
I'm starting to like Aeon MQ 8 but I miss Shelf 3D in the skin, which was in Aeon 7.
Is it possible to fix it in some way? Or should I wait until there comes a mod at the 8th?

Only MarcosQui for one definitive answer. I don't know if have plans to add more views in MQ8.
@Benna

I test here adding youtube via favourites and choosing Youtube using the option +video addons in the main menu, the 2 options, open fine Youtube add-on, no issue.
(2019-03-18, 19:58)Wanilton Wrote: @Benna

I test here adding youtube via favourites and choosing Youtube using the option +video addons in the main menu, the 2 options, open fine Youtube add-on, no issue.

Ok but then how do you explain that just changing che Kodi skin and doing nothin more the YouTube addon opens fine?
(2019-03-18, 13:07)Benna Wrote: Wanilton i've two problems with Favourites:
You have problem with SHS...You didnt install SHS as should. That is your mayor problem.
I suggest Wanilton to not help user without log or small part of them.Picture show some things better then word.

I see on your image that is shs widget script is trouble.This script is main engine for favourite widget, if this part is missing or wrong installed
your "Action" when use widget is in trouble like on your example.

Mine Favourite for You-tube work in all list or windows same.....As Should, excellent.

Fix SHS instaling Marcel repo, and update all Script from there.
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.1.zip

Please show me your image with Version of installed shs addon in kodi, like this.
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2019-03-18, 01:11)Wanilton Wrote: I test here, and works fine, I duplicate games submenu (btw have only 1 item in a submenu). No troubles, if you don´t customize a lot, try go to settings, skin settings, restore settings, show skin reset button, active. Press enter, skin will be recreate, maybe solve your issue.
 Thanks for reply, I don't need to use the game submenu and its not worth it to reset all my items. I can provide more detail if you are interested in replicating. I had MQ7 Leia installed and working with menus and sub menus. I installed MQ8 from repository and it kept my weather setup but nothing else. I setup a few sub menus then got to Games. I think I accidentally went to change the games source which then changed name to default video node or what ever I was on when I selected. Went back and fixed games, probably broke something there.
Angelinas 

1) I had already SHS installed and version was 1.1.3
2) I've installed the repo as you suggested and have updated the SHS, now is the same as yours, 1.1.24
3) Still youtube add-on doesn't open with MQ8 but does with standard Estuary

The procedure i use to add a favorite is to go to youtube add-on, "C" key to open contextual menu and "Add to favorite". Stop, it is not clear if Wanton uses a different method

This is my favourite.xml

<favourites>
   <favourite name="YouTube" thumb="C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\icon.png">RunAddon(plugin.video.youtube)</favourite>
</favourites>
Almost like mine...How you have different path ?
Code:
    <favourite name="YouTube" thumb="C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\icon.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/&quot;,return)</favourite>
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Is just a favourite.xml coming from my other kodi installation, here is the file coming from the local installation, almost the same

<favourites>
    <favourite name="YouTube" thumb="http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/plugin.video.youtube/icon.png">RunAddon(plugin.video.youtube)</favourite>
</favourites>

I can take a video showing what's going on when changing the skin if you want
@Benna 

my youtube favourite, identical Angelinas code.
Code:
<favourite name="YouTube" thumb="C:\Users\campo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\icon.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/&quot;,return)</favourite>
(2019-03-17, 16:51)vansai Wrote: Wanilton How to return clearart to the main menu
 @vansai 

Check if you have script skin helper service installed. Arts will came auto, don´t need any extra step.

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...er.service

Install Marcel repo

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.1.zip
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia12