• 3(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-03-19, 01:41)timmins Wrote: Thanks, sorry but I really miss the  Jarvis function of having my last watched TV shows on the bottom row. I liked when it updates for the next show. I liked I could keep my favorite shows side by side while I don't have to look all over for them as it is now.

Thanks for fixing the List function but I find everything is jammed too far to the right too much. I don't see the details I like to see.

Please take a poll before changing too much or you'll be going back and fore.
 @timmins, Thank you for your feedback.

I did ask before removing the functionality of Jarvis shelves, and went by the responses I received.  Unfortunately, you were not among those who answered.  Nevertheless, I will look at the old code and see what can be provided that resembles that functionality in the skin in Leia.  No promises, though.

As for the list view, I did not change its functionality, so I am not clear about "everything is jammed too far to the right too much".  Can you show me a screenshot of how it looked in Krypton or Jarvis before? What details are you not seeing? 

I think that most likely the issues come from the fact that I migrated the skin to Leia from the latest version I could find, which perhaps was not what was in the Krypton or Jarvis repo.  If you or others can provide me screenshots of what is different that you did use and now do not have, I can take a look at the feasibility of providing that functionality.

What I have done is just migrate the skin to Leia, its functionality, with very few noted exceptions, is exactly as it was in the code I used as a base.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-18, 22:27)bsoriano Wrote: Thank you for your kind words! Smile  Where do I find out what are the requirements to submit it to the official repo? I would love to do that once I am through with the to-do items.  Again, thanks!

Regards,

Bart

Submitting Add-ons (wiki)

I'll double-check later with the rest of the team whether we can shortcut things a little as it's an update to an existing skin rather than something new.

But that's the general guideline for submissions anyway.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I tried the big list, but it was too big. It gave episode descriptions for each link.
(2019-03-19, 08:23)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2019-03-18, 22:27)bsoriano Wrote: Thank you for your kind words! Smile  Where do I find out what are the requirements to submit it to the official repo? I would love to do that once I am through with the to-do items.  Again, thanks!

Regards,

Bart
Submitting Add-ons (wiki)

I'll double-check later with the rest of the team whether we can shortcut things a little as it's an update to an existing skin rather than something new.

But that's the general guideline for submissions anyway. 
Thanks! I think I should be able to manage.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-19, 13:26)startreksuite Wrote: I tried the big list, but it was too big. It gave episode descriptions for each link.
 I am sorry it did not suit your needs.  I will be looking at the old code and see what I can bring back from it.  No promises on completion time, though.

Regards,

Bart
Bart, no worries, just nitpicking. The family is happy you brought it back!
I installed Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and the Amber skin from the Jarvis repo (version 2.2.8), to see the differences in the List and Big List view types.

I can see how some would prefer the previous style versus the new one, as there is more information (due to layout) for episodes, addons, artists, albums and songs.  Also, Big List is a lot different, and, to my eyes, more useful than the current style.

Given that, I will try to incorporate the previous style for these view types.  It might take a while to do this, so I will not commit to any date yet.

Thank you to all of you who pointed out that the views were not to your liking/did not suit your needs, as it made me go and take a deeper look.  

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for taking the time to do this Bart. It is greatly appreciated!
@bsoriano - I just have 2 suggestions which would be great to see implemented in this skin.

1 - Choose the Startup window that you want from the skin settings.
2 - Extendedinfo script.

Cheers!

Shedrock
(2019-03-19, 22:49)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I just have 2 suggestions which would be great to see implemented in this skin.

2 - Extendedinfo script.

Cheers!

Shedrock
 Thanks Shedrock!

Just to clarify:

1. To be able to choose which main menu option is focused when starting Kodi or relaoding the skin.  Is this what you meant?

If so, then I think I am up to the task of incorporating this with the current menu system.  However, if I am able to incorporate using script.skinshortcuts to do menus, submenus and widgets, I am not sure I I am knowledgeable enough to do this then.  I'll have to see.

2. By Extendedinfo you mean being able to bring up the Extendedinfo information on a movie or tv show or actor? Please confirm.  If so, again, I think I will be able to do this.

Again, thanks for your suggestions and I await further feedback.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-19, 22:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-19, 22:49)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I just have 2 suggestions which would be great to see implemented in this skin.

2 - Extendedinfo script.

Cheers!

Shedrock
 Thanks Shedrock!

Just to clarify:

1. To be able to choose which main menu option is focused when starting Kodi or relaoding the skin.  Is this what you meant? (Correct) Smile

If so, then I think I am up to the task of incorporating this with the current menu system.  However, if I am able to incorporate using script.skinshortcuts to do menus, submenus and widgets, I am not sure I I am knowledgeable enough to do this then.  I'll have to see.

2. By Extendedinfo you mean being able to bring up the Extendedinfo information on a movie or tv show or actor? Please confirm.  If so, again, I think I will be able to do this. (Correct) Smile

Regards,

Bart 
(2019-03-19, 23:03)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-03-19, 22:56)bsoriano Wrote:

2 - Extendedinfo script.

Cheers!

Shedrock
 Thanks Shedrock!

Just to clarify:

1. To be able to choose which main menu option is focused when starting Kodi or relaoding the skin.  Is this what you meant? (Correct) Smile

2. By Extendedinfo you mean being able to bring up the Extendedinfo information on a movie or tv show or actor? Please confirm.  If so, again, I think I will be able to do this. (Correct) Smile

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks.  I will add to the To-Do list.
@bsoriano - Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Looking really neat this skin , I had forgotten all about amber until i saw your thread, great.
Just a purely personalf personal observation, I use the vertical menu fixed , with the menu items being so far from the left hand side of the screen , it just seem so much space is wasted in that gap ? I wonder if maybe inserting "list item icons" would make it look better ?
Never the less , thanks for resurrecting this skin , good job.
(2019-03-20, 00:19)ontap Wrote: Looking really neat this skin , I had forgotten all about amber until i saw your thread, great.
Just a purely personalf personal observation, I use the vertical menu fixed , with the menu items being so far from the left hand side of the screen , it just seem so much space is wasted in that gap ? I wonder if maybe inserting "list item icons" would make it look better ?
Never the less , thanks for resurrecting this skin , good job.
 Thanks! I honestly had not tried the static vertical menu yet.  I will look into it.

Regards,

Bart
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5