• 11(current)
Release Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).
Bud, can you please remove the "/" from the "Mega Drive" launcher's name in Advanced Emulator Launcher?  I can't do a ROM scan until I removed the "/"

Wintermute0110 helped me fixed the issue
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2761658

The error:
23:17:58.000 T:1541403552 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'> Error Contents: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/reports/roms_GAMESTARTER_Mega_Drive_/_Mega_CD_47532d_report.txt'
Thanks
done!
Thanks bud
RetroArch addon v8.174.11 including:
- new RetroArch 1.7.4 release.
- compatibility with LibreELEC Leia Alpha releases.
- Cores package updated to Lakka 2.1.1.
Help me pls..installed retroarch via gamestarter repo on LibreElec x86_64..I'm using retroarch as external player for IAGL..game will crash back to Kodi when launched..

http://ix.io/1zN6
(2019-02-02, 09:30)imranlah Wrote: Help me pls..installed retroarch via gamestarter repo on LibreElec x86_64..I'm using retroarch as external player for IAGL..game will crash back to Kodi when launched..

does retroarch addon work without IAGL? LibreELEC version used?
(2019-02-02, 15:33)bite_your_idols Wrote:
(2019-02-02, 09:30)imranlah Wrote: Help me pls..installed retroarch via gamestarter repo on LibreElec x86_64..I'm using retroarch as external player for IAGL..game will crash back to Kodi when launched..

does retroarch addon work without IAGL? LibreELEC version used?

LibreELEC version 8.95.003..retroarch works just fine without IAGL..

Not sure this would help but here is the debug log error :

Started /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.start.
Feb 02 15:23:06 LibreELEC kodi.sh[715]: Running as unit: run-r687c388962a446fea2779753014fa557.service
Feb 02 15:23:08 LibreELEC addon.start[851]: sed: bad option in substitution expression
Feb 02 15:23:08 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Stopping Kodi Media Center...
Feb 02 15:23:09 LibreELEC kodi.sh[715]: Exiting application
Feb 02 15:23:10 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Stopped Kodi Media Center.
If retroarch addon works fine, you should contact IAGL developer, I think it should call the file "Started /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.sh" instead "addon.start"
(2019-02-02, 21:24)bite_your_idols Wrote: If retroarch addon works fine, you should contact IAGL developer, I think it should call the file "Started /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.sh" instead "addon.start"

Turns out full screen will make retroarch crash in LibreELEC..turn the setting off then it will load normally..but the performance is poor anyway on both my Android (s905x2)/librrelec (z8350) devices..anyone could point me to the right direction on how to improve retroarch?
tested by myself, IAGL works pretty nice with Gamestarter's Retroarch addon in LibreELEC 9.

After installing Retroarch I suggest a first run to set it up (and check downloaded cores), then, back in kodi, go to IAGL's settings > Wizard tab.
Select "external" as launcher emulator, and then execute wizard and follow the steps.
Pick "Gamestarter Addon" from the list and, if asked, select retroarch path "/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/"
Then you can launch IAGL and pick the game you want and launch/download it like a charm.

*When in a list you can use context menu to edit launcher command and change default core/emulator per system.
Hi,
I'm searching a way to just add "RetroARch" shortcut on my Kodi "Games" menu (Kodi 18 on Windows 7 PC) to leave Kodi and launch my RetroArch standalone app (C:\Users\mbmc\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\retroarch.exe) like i ever do with "Steam" launcher addon.

Your addon seems to be exactly what i need but maybe i'm wrong ?

So i installed it and trying to launch RetroArch i have flickering black screen with cmd windows and brief message that i can't read, RetroArch isn't launched : i press "Echap" and go back to Kodi. Can you help me ?

Thanks
sorry, this is an addon to launch retroarch app for LibreELEC in RPi and Gen devices.
Oups, thanks and sorry !

Maybe you know a way to just modify it myself on Windows ? Or do you know another addon for that ?
(2019-03-22, 12:46)bite_your_idols Wrote: sorry, this is an addon to launch retroarch app for LibreELEC in RPi and Gen devices.

Hello, 

I`m trying to launch Retroarch on Amlogic M8s+ running Alexelec version: 3.1.8  (Alexelec GItHub / AlexELEC is a 'Just enough OS' Linux distribution for running Kodi on popular low-cost hardware. AlexELEC is a minor fork of LibreELEC and CoreELEC).
I`ve installed the added the Gamestarter zip, and after I instal the Retroarch and try to run it it asks me if I want to launch it and close Kodi. I select Yes, then I see the splash screen, after a few seconds the screen goes black, and returns me to Kodi. The same issue happens with AEL or ES. 

What am I doing wrong? or what do I need to do in settings to make it work? 

Thanks in advance
(2020-04-06, 10:41)viachy Wrote:
(2019-03-22, 12:46)bite_your_idols Wrote: sorry, this is an addon to launch retroarch app for LibreELEC in RPi and Gen devices.

Hello, 

I`m trying to launch Retroarch on Amlogic M8s+ running Alexelec version: 3.1.8  (Alexelec GItHub / AlexELEC is a 'Just enough OS' Linux distribution for running Kodi on popular low-cost hardware. AlexELEC is a minor fork of LibreELEC and CoreELEC).
I`ve installed the added the Gamestarter zip, and after I instal the Retroarch and try to run it it asks me if I want to launch it and close Kodi. I select Yes, then I see the splash screen, after a few seconds the screen goes black, and returns me to Kodi. The same issue happens with AEL or ES. 

What am I doing wrong? or what do I need to do in settings to make it work? 

Thanks in advance 

Sorry, I really don't know what changes from Official LibreELEC, but if you take a look to the logs maybe it can help. By the way these addons only work in RPi and Generic devices...
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi/Generic).1