GSOC 2019 PROPOSAL
Name : Shaurya Gupta
e-mail: [email protected]

Project taken : 4.5.2 Addon submissions 
Description: Write a tool or a website to easily submit addons to our addon repo. The tool will need to login at GitHub and send a PR in the name of the author to the correct repo and branch on Kodi's GitHub. The user experience needs to be very good to not keep anyone from submitting. It should also be able to offer some opinions on the code that will be committed before it actually gets sent, so that the most common errors are caught on the client side.
 How Will I achieve this : I would be interested in building a standalone tool with UI in java as I have been experienced with Java UI for the past 2 Years almost and would be a time saver. But at the same time I am also open to building a website using python/Django. and this project can implemented with the help of github webhooks. link for github webhooks (https://developer.github.com/apps/buildi...ithub-app/) . We can limit this app to only allow addons to Kodi's Github. Opinions on the code to be committed can be done with the help of labels and we can also provide the facility of pull request reviews and this would work really smoothly as 20 webhooks can be created at a time and payload supported also is 25 mb for each webhook.I would be really interested to contribute to this. 

project taken : 4.7 Add a picture library
Description: At the moment Kodi has got the concept of libraries for movies, TV shows and music. Libraries are far nicer than directories for users to handle as they keep their data and basically act upon the data that got collected without having to get it on each directory traversal. It also enables filtering, sorting and searches. The project would focus on adding a picture database and getting it filled via file scrapping. When that's done we would progress to write basic library views for pictures.
 How Will I achieve this : we can simply create a image database and storing pictures in it as a BLOB and for file scrapping we can use python , as we have to make the project in c++, pythons functionalities can be extended in c++ also so we can implement it nicely and at the same time graphics library is also available in c++ so then we will procede to add the library view to the project.

I have already used the technologies which might be used in the projects.

Now, I would like to mention few things about me.
I have my own personal laptop for this project. I first started coding in 7th standard i.e C language and started coding in C++ IN 11th standard in my school years. After that I have learnt python and java as well in my college years. I came to know about Kodi in 2018 when I was going through organisations taking part in Gsoc. I am interested in working with KODI because I also made a project just 6 months back which involved ff mpeg and was called linguistic Magic. That project involved processing a video, extracting the audio of it, and then creating a subtitle file from that audio and then changing the language of that text and again making an audio and then merging it with the video to create the video in a new language. I made this project in python and qt. I have always been very passionate about coding and working with audio video files. That is why I would like to contribute in Kodi's project. I will be available throughout the Summer for this project.
Suggestion and queries related to anything are most welcome and even if not for Gsoc then also I would really love to contribute towards Kodi"s project. So if possible provide me with some resources about kodi's project. 
Thank you.
You can start by building Kodi on your system. You can find the relevant docs here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/docs
Yes, I am in progress with that. @Razze looking for some suggestions from you.
Hey there Smile

Kinda interesting, that you are interested in working with video and audio but took proposals that don't affect any of those. Can I ask why?
(2019-03-25, 11:16)Razze Wrote: Hey there Smile

Kinda interesting, that you are interested in working with video and audio but took proposals that don't affect any of those. Can I ask why?

I would love to work on a new project related to audio and video. That is extend the project I worked on earlier to a new level. I didn't mention it because it was in python. Would you be interested in working in a new project ?. and Is there anywhere else we can communicate this is a really slow process.
(2019-03-27, 03:51)Shaurya@14 Wrote:

I would love to work on a new project related to audio and video. That is extend the project I worked on earlier to a new level. I didn't mention it because it was in python. Would you be interested in working in a new project ?. and Is there anywhere else we can communicate this is a really slow process. 

and I know I am a bit late But i can make up for that time really fast.
You can communicate on Kodi's IRC channel #kodi-gsoc . You can post your questions there and any of the Kodi members who is active will help you with them.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Google_Summer_of_...nary_addon relates to video and audio afaik and is not python
(2019-03-27, 20:29)mohit-0212 Wrote: You can communicate on Kodi's IRC channel #kodi-gsoc . You can post your questions there and any of the Kodi members who is active will help you with them.

okay thank you.
(2019-03-29, 16:51)Razze Wrote:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Google_Summer_of_...nary_addon relates to video and audio afaik and is not python 
thanks a lot.

I will do some R & D related to this.
(2019-03-31, 00:47)Shaurya@14 Wrote:
(2019-03-27, 03:51)Shaurya@14 Wrote: I would love to work on a new project related to audio and video. That is extend the project I worked on earlier to a new level. I didn't mention it because it was in python. Would you be interested in working in a new project ?. and Is there anywhere else we can communicate this is a really slow process.  

I will do some R & D related to this. 

@Razze  any suggestions on my previous ideas?
Only suggestion for now would be to focus on one of them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GSOC 2019 PROPOSAL0