• 12(current)
Release Library Node Editor
Try doing it without the underscores.

Personally I do this but have all my soundtracks named with the "OST" in the Album folder name. It works well.
Path rules gets applied at song level and the path values include all the folders above the music files. This means that you need to use "contains" or "startswith" rules not "is".

As an example:
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="12" type="filter">
    <label>Soundtrack Albums</label>
     <icon>DefaultMusicGenres.png</icon>
    <content>albums</content>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith"><value>Music/Various Artists/_Soundtracks_</value></rule>
</node>

But you probably have other ways to gather just soundtracks, for example do they have "soundtrack" as a genre? If they do then something like this works.
Code:
<node order="2" type="folder">
    <label>Classical Albums</label>
     <icon>DefaultMusicAlbums.png</icon>
    <path>musicdb://albums?genre=classical</path>
</node>

In v18 you can also just add your soundtracks folder as a separate music source, then filtering by source and sources node will take you there for both artists albums and songs levels. Maybe try that too.
thx for the fast replies, i'll try all suggestions asap and will report back.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
So the first method didn't work. i manually created a soundtracks.xml, inserted your post, then went to library - empty.
Opened library node editor, browsed for the actual path, looked again in library - empty.

I'll try the second method now by using mp3tag and adding the genre "Soundtrack" to every album in that soundtrack folder,
using this method:
https://community.mp3tag.de/t/add-1-more...ag/13537/4
  • open mp3tag
  • tag - tag
  • FIELD: genre
  • Format string: $if(%GENRE%,$meta_sep(GENRE,'\\')'\\',%DUMMY%)'Soundtrack'
Will edit this post, time permitting.

edit:
the second solution worked by using the additional "Soundtrack" tag and filtering it.
but it is more of a workaround, since it includes additional tags/steps to make it work which i don't understand,
i made smilar nodes from movie folders without issues.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Path rules should work fine, i'm using 10+ on my system to filter music by base folder and in other cases by individual folder names. Did you remove the underscore? 

There is no need to start changing tags. In fact you would loose the real Genre of the album if you did it that way.
(2019-02-13, 13:06)docwra Wrote: Path rules should work fine, i'm using 10+ on my system to filter music by base folder and in other cases by individual folder names. Did you remove the underscore? 

There is no need to start changing tags. In fact you would loose the real Genre of the album if you did it that way.
 I tried it again with a different folder:
created a testnode.xml in .kodi\userdata\library\music:
Code:
    <label>testnode</label>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
        <value>/storage/sda2/Music/Alice Cooper/</value>
    </rule>
</node>

in library node editor:

...node still comes up empty in music library.

Huh

How to:
You dont need those back slashes, just try with a keyword at first like "Alice"

Its probably a linux/windows path thing that is causing your error...
(2019-02-14, 21:32)docwra Wrote: You dont need those back slashes, just try with a keyword at first like "Alice"

Its probably a linux/windows path thing that is causing your error...
The backslashes were created by library node editor, from browsing to the folder, not manually.

I have specific genres/types of albums in specific folders 
(magazine cds/soundtracks/tribute albums/long-running sampler series...),
so creating nodes from paths would be ideal.

It could be a linux/android path issue, yes... but with videos, it works.
Example of working custom video node:
.kodi\userdata\library\video\docus\titles.xml
Code:
<node order="30" type="filter">
    <label>10024</label>
    <icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
    <content>movies</content>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>/storage/sda2/Documentaries/</value>
    </rule>
</node>

How to:
(2019-02-12, 10:41)DaveBlake Wrote: In v18 you can also just add your soundtracks folder as a separate music source, then filtering by source and sources node will take you there for both artists albums and songs levels. Maybe try that too. 
 I cannot figure out how to do that.
"Scan item to library" on that folder, then in library node editor, after i set content in the new node to albums,
i can add order/grouping/limit/rule - filtering by source is not an option.

Also - it would again be a workaround, since adding a node with path should just work.

How to:
@VelvetKevorkian since I have your music db for another issue I made a quick check regarding your custom node path rule problem.

All the paths start "/mnt/media_rw/sda2/Music/" not "storage/Music" hence
Code:
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith"><value>/mnt/media_rw/sda2/Music/Various Artists/_Soundtracks_</value>
    </rule>
</node>
or use "contains" instead (as your video custom node example does)
Code:
    <rule field="path" operator="contains"><value>_Soundtracks_</value>
    </rule>
</node>

That is what I meant by it being about how your music sources were mounted. What you thought was "storage/" isn't held that way.

As for source filtering it seems that the library node editor has not been updated  yet, but I didn't mean make a custom node. Once you have more than one source then there is a sources node by default. I was suggesting is as another way to do things not a work around.
Finally, the last suggestion worked!
Seems like the full path or part of the path were causing issues, using only one word from the path did it.

Explanation for varying paths in xml:
If i chose "browse path" in library node editor, i get this selection.
"Volume" points directly to the HDD while "Root filesystem" ofc points to / = root.
I tried both paths in the xml, both were empty.

But now, using "contains" and only one word, it works.
Maybe the slashes or the underscores in "media_rw"/"_Soundtracks_" were causing the issue.
But then again, it works when i just put "_Soundtracks_" as "path contains".
Hm.

Either way, thx very much Smile

How to:
New question (i'm done after this, i promise):

I have this set as my main menu
This activate window brings me to here

If i use that same active window with Music instead of Videos,
it takes me to the music library overview - in LNE, i can move nodes around there. 

Is it possible to change the order of these video nodes somehow in LNE?
I haven't found a possibility to do that yet.

edit:
i manually figured it out, by changing the node order in index.xml in
.kodi\userdata\library\video\films 
for example.
i gave the ones i wanted on the top lower node order numbers (10, 20...) and so had to change only three xml files.

How to:
Is it possible for a parent node to limit child nodes that are based on paths (as opposed to contents)?
Fe if I set parent node to Movie type and add rule for file path to contain Cartoons, any child node based on path (fe. Last viewed) refers to ALL movies - not limited by Cartoons path.
Have set up a new node which points to the random movies playlist on the Estuary skin. When the node is selected from the home screen a playlist of random movies in my library is displayed. What I'd really like to achieve is when this node is selected, a random movie from this playlist will automatically start playing. Is it possible to do this?
Okay, so I now have a node that when selected delivers a new random movie on each occasion, but I still can't get this to auto play the movie item when the node is selected. Is there anything I can manually add to the node that will force the item to auto-play when selected.

What I'm trying to achieve is a 'Pot Luck' type of feature for my movie library...
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Node Editor3