• 14(current)
Solved SONY AF9 w/ AndroidTV Oreo - Installation via Play Store fails with Error Code -506
So no one cares that the V18 only putputs 1080p on sony TVs now?
(2019-02-17, 23:40)god_damn_sony Wrote: So no one cares that the V18 only putputs 1080p on sony TVs now?
You've already created your own forum thread on that topic. Please stick to it.
This thread seems to have run its course (at least until Sony get their finger out and actually update their firmware properly and fix their bug).

Thread closed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Installing Kodi on Sony TVs should be a little easier with their new firmware update:
sony.com/electronics/support/oled-tvs-android-a9f_af9-series/xbr-65a9f/downloads/00015905
Yeah. Corrected🥂
32bit version is ok,but 64bit version still can‘t be installed
the firmware is the chinese version(PKG6.0724.0082CNA)
(2019-03-25, 11:56)hipidj Wrote: 32bit version is ok,but 64bit version still can‘t be installed
the firmware is the chinese version(PKG6.0724.0082CNA)
as far as I know Sony uses a 32bit Android on all Android TVs so far (although the Mediatek chips would also be 64bit capable), so no ARM64 apps can be installed either!
Good morning, 

In the AF9, If we have installed the "cooked version" of v18, and after the tv firmware update, what do we have to do?

Uninstall Kodi and install the new one from Google Store? or we can update directly from the Store? If it is the case, will we keep our settings and addons?

Thanks in advance
(2019-04-08, 12:06)goatl0rd Wrote: Good morning, 

In the AF9, If we have installed the "cooked version" of v18, and after the tv firmware update, what do we have to do?

Uninstall Kodi and install the new one from Google Store? or we can update directly from the Store? If it is the case, will we keep our settings and addons?

Thanks in advance
Rename Kodi folder (data/Android/org.xbmc.xxx), uninstall and install Kodi from Google Store, rename Kodi folder back to "org.xbmc.kodi" Wink

org.xbmc.xxx could be:
  1. org.xbmc.amc
  2. org.xbmc.sony
  3. etc.
just rename the right one to org.xbmc.xxx
(2019-04-08, 12:11)rainman74 Wrote:

Thanks in advance
Rename Kodi folder (data/Android/org.kodi.xxx), uninstall and install Kodi from Google Store, rename Kodi folder back to "org.xbmc.kodi" Wink 
If we do that, do we keep our settings/addons?

Thanks
(2019-04-08, 17:12)goatl0rd Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 12:11)rainman74 Wrote:

Thanks in advance
Rename Kodi folder (data/Android/org.kodi.xxx), uninstall and install Kodi from Google Store, rename Kodi folder back to "org.xbmc.kodi" Wink  
If we do that, do we keep our settings/addons?

Thanks 
yes!
(2018-10-25, 09:00)chrisyu Wrote: I think Sony blocked Kodi's package id.
Me and some users tested, both Kodi 18 64bit and 32bit cannot be installed.

I compiled Kodo 32bit, changed it's package id to com.amazon.aiv.eu .
Kodi get installed and runs just fine.
How did you change the package id?  I'm currently compiling Leia 18.5 and would like it to work on my HiSense TV.
(2019-11-28, 05:05)Calab Wrote:
(2018-10-25, 09:00)chrisyu Wrote: I think Sony blocked Kodi's package id.
Me and some users tested, both Kodi 18 64bit and 32bit cannot be installed.

I compiled Kodo 32bit, changed it's package id to com.amazon.aiv.eu .
Kodi get installed and runs just fine.
How did you change the package id?  I'm currently compiling Leia 18.5 and would like it to work on my HiSense TV. 

All this seems hardly worth the effort, just get yourself an HTCP/Nvidea Shield or the Apple alternative - Job done.
Hi.

Just bought a sony Android TV 4k HDR with big hopes on Kodi 19.
But i found out that 18.6 shutters and have problems.
So i need the special version of Kodi 17.6 that can be installed on Sony, but all links are dead.

The name should be kodi-armv7a-swhw-20190215-379f5f9.apk

Best regards
Richard Sabelström Törnefjord
Chromebox LibreELEC Kodi 19.3 | Chromebox LibreELEC Kodi 18.6
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ RetroPie Kodi 16.1 | Ugoos X2 Cube CoreELEC  Kodi 18.6
(2018-10-08, 15:10)Onbekend Wrote: Hello Everyone!

I'm trying to install Kodi on my SONY AF9 w/ Oreo via Play Store, but the installation fails with error -506. Interestingly enough, if I then restart the TV, Kodi appears under "Apps", but can't be started. 
I've tried a complete Factory Reset and then install Kodi 17.6 immediately after OOBE, but fails with the same error code.
gb
I also tried installing the current nightlies, but these failed as well.

What could be going wrong?

Greetings.

Onbekend
I got the same kinda issue, which was fixed by clearing data and cache.

• 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SONY AF9 w/ AndroidTV Oreo - Installation via Play Store fails with Error Code -5063