Modify items on Kodi 18 home screen
I would like to:

1) Remove "In progress movies."

2) Add "Recently added TV Shows."

3) Remove "Recently added episodes."

Thanks.
Moved to Estuary
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-08, 15:31)channeledbymodem Wrote: 1) Remove "In progress movies."
remove: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ml#L60-L65

(2019-04-08, 15:31)channeledbymodem Wrote: 3) Remove "Recently added episodes."
remove: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L133-L138

(2019-04-08, 15:31)channeledbymodem Wrote: ) Add "Recently added TV Shows."
There's no string for "Recently added TV Shows" in Kodi and AFAICS there's no playlist available for "recent_unwatched_tvshows". There's only "unwatched_tvshows" but that must not mean it's "recent". The content for those home menu sections are provided via xsp-playlists. If the playlist doesn't exist, it can't be shown Wink
(2019-04-09, 09:45)DaVu Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 15:31)channeledbymodem Wrote: 1) Remove "In progress movies."
remove: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ml#L60-L65

(2019-04-08, 15:31)channeledbymodem Wrote: 3) Remove "Recently added episodes."
remove: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L133-L138

(2019-04-08, 15:31)channeledbymodem Wrote: ) Add "Recently added TV Shows."
There's no string for "Recently added TV Shows" in Kodi and AFAICS there's no playlist available for "recent_unwatched_tvshows". There's only "unwatched_tvshows" but that must not mean it's "recent". The content for those home menu sections are provided via xsp-playlists. If the playlist doesn't exist, it can't be shown Wink 
This is exactly what I was looking for, very clear and succinct. Thank you very much.
Hello,

i'm using Kodi 18 on my Raspberry Pi 3 and want to remove the "recently added episodes" like channeledbymodem.

My problem is, i don't have a skin.estuary folder under .kodi/addons/ and thus no Home.xml file. LibreELEC is installed on a SD-card, and there is no Home.xml anywhere.

Someone knows how i can modify items on the home screen with my config?

Thanks in advance!
For LibreELEC it´s way more complicated Wink
LibreELEC stores the standard skin under /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary. As LibreELEC is a read only system, you don´t have the permission to edit any files in that path. But you are able to copy them to: /storage/.kodi/addons/

So my recommendation in that case would be:

- copy the complete "skin.estuary" folder to: /storage/.kodi/addons/ recursively and save it under another skin folder. For example: skin.estuary-silver1-mod
- go to the specific folder: cd /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary-silver1-mod/
- edit the addon.xml file and change that line:

<addon id="skin.estuary" version="2.0.22" name="Estuary" provider-name="phil65, Ichabod Fletchman">

to:

<addon id="skin.estuary-silver1-mod" version="2.0.22" name="Estuary-silver1-mod" provider-name="phil65, Ichabod Fletchman">

- then do the same changes like mentioned above. But be aware to do those changes always in the /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary-silver1-mod/ and its specific subfolders.

When all the changes are done simply go to: addons -> my addons -> look and feel -> skins. The "Estuary-silver1-mod"-skin should be listed there but it should be disabled. So you need to enable and use it.

In general all the above is not modifying an existing skin. It´s copying a skin, do changes and use it as a completely seperated skin. That, ofc, has it pros and cons. Pro is, that an Estuary update will not destroy your changes. Con is, if Estuary receives a bugfix, you won´t benefit from that beside you are copying the changes to your skin as well.
If you just want to remove (or move) some of the widgets from the Estuary home screen, you might look at my mod.  It allows you to reorder and remove items in the main menu as well as reorder and remove widgets for each main item.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333143
@DaVu: Wow, thanks for the detailed answer! The reason why i didn't found the /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary folder was, that the system partition on the SD-card is stored in a sqhashfs-file named SYSTEM. So you have to extract the content of that SYSTEM-file somewhere, so you can copy the skin.estuary-folder under /usr/share/kodi/addons/ to /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary-silver1-mod/. There i could edit the Home.xml file and it worked like a charm. Blush

@pkscout: Looks great! A bit easier to just toggle the items that you want or don't want to see. And easier to maintain.  Tongue Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modify items on Kodi 18 home screen0