• 69(current)
Mod Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019)
(2019-04-01, 07:24)ferdinand Wrote: Is there a way to add custom tags for the skin to detect whether the file is a DVD and such?
I have these tags on multiple files: DVD, DVD5 and DVD9 and I want them to be shown as DVDs but the skin doesn't detect them and only shows the usual info. Is there a way I can add those tags?

You should be able to set smart playlist as widgets.

Just create an smart playlist with the kodi native editor
(videos -> playlists -> "new smart playlist" - which let you creat smart playlists ,which will be located in your userdata folder e.g. [ \userdata\playlists\video ]

Or do it manualy  -> https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists
 (but you need define the type - eg <smartplaylist type="movies"> or <smartplaylist type="tvshows">)
e.g.
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>my DVDs</name>
    <rule field="tag" operator="contains">
        <value>DVD</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2019-04-01, 06:16)nabsltd Wrote:
(2019-03-31, 17:42)Luke Cage Wrote: 2) And addon skin.helper.service (v1.1.24 from Marcel Veldt's Beta repo) is also buggy for me at the moment
A lot of the "Skin Helper" add-ons in the beta repo are very buggy.  In particular, they have dependencies that pull in other scripts that cause a lot of skins other than Titan (and the MOD) to stop working correctly.

Unfortunately, the current version of Titan MOD requires some of the changes to the scripts, so this means that having more than one skin installed that uses the "Skin Helper" add-ons is no longer possible until the beta versions get more testing from other skin maintainers.     

Good to know. But to be fair though, I noticed that at the unofficial Kodi Community repo he mentions : Help needed with maintaining ! in the read.me of the script.skin.helper.service addon. (Not at his Beta repo).
(2019-03-31, 18:14)cartman.dos Wrote: 1) Its's not related to fanart rotation. It's kodi force refreshes the content with auto-trailers (not even skin-related and have been discussed in my thread a few times)
I'm pretty sure it's related to fanart backgrounds (not rotation), as I have all trailer features disabled, and with the latest version from your repo, I get a stuck image after I go to the details of a movie (which shows its fanart).

This does not happen on my PC...only on a Vero 4K, which is slower.  I suspect that a lot of the problem with the scripts is that if you move around too fast on slower machines, they can't keep up, and lose the "context".  Something that does forced refresh would actually fix this kind of issue.
(2019-04-02, 00:24)nabsltd Wrote:
(2019-03-31, 18:14)cartman.dos Wrote: 1) Its's not related to fanart rotation. It's kodi force refreshes the content with auto-trailers (not even skin-related and have been discussed in my thread a few times)
I'm pretty sure it's related to fanart backgrounds (not rotation), as I have all trailer features disabled, and with the latest version from your repo, I get a stuck image after I go to the details of a movie (which shows its fanart).

This does not happen on my PC...only on a Vero 4K, which is slower.  I suspect that a lot of the problem with the scripts is that if you move around too fast on slower machines, they can't keep up, and lose the "context".  Something that does forced refresh would actually fix this kind of issue. 
You seem to infer a lot on no basis. If his issue is fanart changes to another movie/tvshow in spotlight, then it is due to what I described earlier.

In details (video info?!), at least for bingie/netflix style, the fanart should not rotate, it's actually intended. So need to be clearer on when/where things happen as situation differs.
About the low-performance machines, that might be true for SOME info, but for others (most) it's not, because info & art from scripts are mostly used last/as fallback, and most of times it defaults to kodi built-in info/art.
(2019-04-02, 18:49)cartman.dos Wrote: You seem to infer a lot on no basis. If his issue is fanart changes to another movie/tvshow in spotlight, then it is due to what I described earlier.

It's not spotlght...it's going into a movie and the fanart changes to fit the movie, as it should.

If I then very quickly leave, sometimes the fanart from that movie becomes the background displayed behind everything (even settings and file views). Another way to trigger it fairly reliably when using traditional views is to have a forced view set for the movie wall, and a different forced view set for displaying sets (I use Panel Low and Big Panel Details, respectively). When I exit the set, it's not uncommon to have the set fanart become stuck as the background for everything. So, navigating the movie wall in Panel Low doesn't have the background change to match each movie...instead it's the fanart from the set I left. And, that same background is behind any view with "use default skin background" setting for the background.

The only fix is to change to different skin and back, or restart Kodi.
(2019-04-02, 20:52)nabsltd Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 18:49)cartman.dos Wrote: You seem to infer a lot on no basis. If his issue is fanart changes to another movie/tvshow in spotlight, then it is due to what I described earlier.

It's not spotlght...it's going into a movie and the fanart changes to fit the movie, as it should. 

Well, it's sounds like you're describing a different issue, you can paste a debug, to see what's actually going on. which skin helper version are you running? on which OS/Platform?
(2019-04-03, 13:23)cartman.dos Wrote: Well, it's sounds like you're describing a different issue, you can paste a debug, to see what's actually going on. which skin helper version are you running? on which OS/Platform? 

Skin Helper Service is at 1.1.32, with Skin Helper Service Backgrounds at 1.0.34. I'm running on OSMC, latest Krypton build.

It happened twice, but since the last reboot, it hasn't happened again. Full debug logging is always on, so if it does happen again, I'll post.
Under Movies there is a sub category called recently added and it shows the 25 most recently added Movies, is there anyway to up that to the last 50 instead of 25?

Thanks, UbuntuUser
(2019-04-10, 00:59)UbuntuUser Wrote: Under Movies there is a sub category called recently added and it shows the 25 most recently added Movies, is there anyway to up that to the last 50 instead of 25?

Thanks, UbuntuUser

For that you need edit/create advancedsettings.xml

https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....deolibrary
e.g.
2.3.14 videolibrary
Options specific to the Video Library

xml:
<videolibrary>
<allitemsonbottom>false</allitemsonbottom> <!-- sorts the "*All" items at the bottom of the list when in Ascending order -->
<cleanonupdate>false</cleanonupdate> <!-- default set to false to prevent Kodi from removing items from the database while updating. -->
<usefasthash>true</usefasthash> <!-- defaults to true. Set to false in order to skip hashing based on the folders modification time. -->
<recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
<itemseparator> / </itemseparator> <!-- separator used for multiple artists/genres in tags. Note, this is *space* *slash* *space* -->
<exportautothumbs>false</exportautothumbs> <!-- export auto-generated thumbs. Defaults to false -->
<importwatchedstate>false</importwatchedstate> <!-- import previously exported playdate and playcount from .nfo files. Defaults to false -->
<importresumepoint>false</importresumepoint> <!-- import previously exported resume point from .nfo files. Defaults to false -->
<dateadded>1</dateadded> <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->
</videolibrary>
I see that the Netflix Episodes View has changed from vertical alignment to horizontal. I kinda prefer the vertical so is there any way to switchback? No big deal if not but would be nice pretty please Smile
(2019-04-10, 10:58)mombasa123 Wrote: I see that the Netflix Episodes View has changed from vertical alignment to horizontal. I kinda prefer the vertical so is there any way to switchback? No big deal if not but would be nice pretty please Smile

still possible, if you refer to netflix landscape (525).

1 row layout = horizontal
2 row layour = vertical

- choose via slide panel option
(2019-04-10, 13:44)mardukL Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 10:58)mombasa123 Wrote: I see that the Netflix Episodes View has changed from vertical alignment to horizontal. I kinda prefer the vertical so is there any way to switchback? No big deal if not but would be nice pretty please Smile

2 row layour = vertical

Nah, was referring to Netflix Episodes (518).
(2019-04-11, 13:57)mombasa123 Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 13:44)mardukL Wrote:

2 row layour = vertical

there wasn'nt any change in orientation. wide view (518) its still vertical.
!?!
(2019-04-10, 08:29)mardukL Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 00:59)UbuntuUser Wrote: Under Movies there is a sub category called recently added and it shows the 25 most recently added Movies, is there anyway to up that to the last 50 instead of 25?

Thanks, UbuntuUser

For that you need edit/create advancedsettings.xml

https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....deolibrary
e.g.
2.3.14 videolibrary
Options specific to the Video Library

xml:
<videolibrary>
<allitemsonbottom>false</allitemsonbottom> <!-- sorts the "*All" items at the bottom of the list when in Ascending order -->
<cleanonupdate>false</cleanonupdate> <!-- default set to false to prevent Kodi from removing items from the database while updating. -->
<usefasthash>true</usefasthash> <!-- defaults to true. Set to false in order to skip hashing based on the folders modification time. -->
<recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
<itemseparator> / </itemseparator> <!-- separator used for multiple artists/genres in tags. Note, this is *space* *slash* *space* -->
<exportautothumbs>false</exportautothumbs> <!-- export auto-generated thumbs. Defaults to false -->
<importwatchedstate>false</importwatchedstate> <!-- import previously exported playdate and playcount from .nfo files. Defaults to false -->
<importresumepoint>false</importresumepoint> <!-- import previously exported resume point from .nfo files. Defaults to false -->
<dateadded>1</dateadded> <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->
</videolibrary>

Thanks that did work.
(2019-04-11, 14:11)mardukL Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 13:57)mombasa123 Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 13:44)mardukL Wrote: still possible, if you refer to netflix landscape (525).

2 row layour = vertical

there wasn'nt any change in orientation. wide view (518) its still vertical.
!?! 
Sorry, I meant navigation, before with episodes stacked vertically in 2 rows. Now its horizontal navigation with episodes stacked horizonatally over 2 rows. Let me try and illustrate :

Before:
E1 E3 E5 E7 E9
E2 E4 E6 E8

Now:
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5
E6 E7 E8 E9

Cheers
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019)15