• 15(current)
v18 QUARTZ - Leia
YouTube?
Any video should work if named correctly (ARTIST - TITLE). I did it just for testing myself and used Media Companion to scrape the metadata locally and not one of the addons.
Fix is available now from my git repo if you want it ahead of the next update.
Awesome. Since my main SD card died a few days ago, I finally updated to Leia on my Raspberry Pi. Now I can actually use Quartz on an running system and not just on my Laptop for testing purposes. Big Grin
And I'm really happy about it (including all my personal additions/changes).
The home menu design still bothers me a little bit, but changing that would probably turn Quartz into something else. And since I mainly use my Pi for audio files anyways, I'm not seeing the home screen very often, thanks to all the remote apps.
Another minor thing, I was looking at the code for the player shelf code in Includes_Shelf.xml because it felt kinda weird without showing the time while playing music. And I noticed that is has some code to display the time but only for videos.
xml:
<visible>Player.HasVideo + ![Player.HasGame | VideoPlayer.HasEpg]</visible>
I suggest changing it to:
xml:
<visible>Player.HasMedia + ![Player.HasGame | VideoPlayer.HasEpg]</visible>

Also the whole format seems weird to me by using Time (counting up) / Time Remaining (counting down) and that it is present in other places as well. Maybe that's a regional thing but I changed $INFO[Player.TimeRemaining,-] to $INFO[Player.Duration] as well. I also did that in DialogSeekBar.xml and both places in MusicVisualisation.xml.
EctoOne Wrote:Another minor thing, I was looking at the code for the player shelf code in Includes_Shelf.xml because it felt kinda weird without showing the time while playing music. [..]
Good catch. Will fix it.

EctoOne Wrote:Also the whole format seems weird to me by using Time (counting up) / Time Remaining (counting down) and that it is present in other places as well.
Not present on the now-playing shelf; format is time elapsed/duration.

EctoOne Wrote:Maybe that's a regional thing but I changed $INFO[Player.TimeRemaining,-] to $INFO[Player.Duration] as well. I also did that in DialogSeekBar.xml and both places in MusicVisualisation.xml.
Behavior of the audio/video OSDs seems perfectly logical to me. At a glance the user sees time elapsed and time remaining. Replacing the latter with duration requires maths to calculate time remaining. Furthermore, precise time remaining is useful to me when debugging events that trigger - near the end of music tracks, for example. This peccadillo I will leave for you to customize.
Hmm, good point about the time remaining thing. I will reconsider that. I'm probably still used to my old skin which showed the exact ending time.

Oh, and to bring up the Unwatched TV shows shelf again. When I was setting up my new SD card I noticed that Estuary actually has a widget for those. Maybe that will be a good spot to figure out how it works. I certainly would still like to see that, so that I don't have to use an extra addon.
Hey
Thanks for this great skin. I have installed it on my Sony TV on Android TV and it is just beautiful.

Two small questions:
1) in the TV Shows I use the view, which shows the posters at the bottom and the Fanart behind it. It also shows the plot, but I would like to get rid of this. Can this be done?

2) When I enter the TV Show, I use the small posters view. There is a little number showing the number of episodes in the right hand corner of each poster. I would alps love to get rid of this (or place it below the poster). Can this be done?

Thanks again
Dingens
(2019-04-13, 01:54)EctoOne Wrote: Hmm, good point about the time remaining thing. I will reconsider that. I'm probably still used to my old skin which showed the exact ending time.

Unless I missed a recent change, Quartz does this too. You have the current time on the left top corner, the time the video will end at the top right corner and the bottom left has time elapsed in the video and the bottom right corner has time remaining in the video. It's one of the things I always loved about this skin.
@Dingens

Welcome to quartz. You would have to modify the code to achieve what you want. If you're comfortable making a couple minor edits, I can direct you in how to do so. Be advised any changes you make would have to be reapplied following future skin updates.
Hey
Thanks. I have no problem to modify the code...on a PC. I am not sure how I would do this on Android TV.
The update problem: It depends on how much effort it is on Android TV.
So, if it is not much trouble, please let me know.

Cheers
Dingens
I use WinSCP for this. It's a free program that allows you to connect from PC to a remote host and browse the filesystem much like windows explorer. You'll need to know the password for the 'root' account on the android box and ensure that SSH connectivity is enabled on it as well.
(2019-04-14, 13:31)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2019-04-13, 01:54)EctoOne Wrote: Hmm, good point about the time remaining thing. I will reconsider that. I'm probably still used to my old skin which showed the exact ending time.

Unless I missed a recent change, Quartz does this too. You have the current time on the left top corner, the time the video will end at the top right corner and the bottom left has time elapsed in the video and the bottom right corner has time remaining in the video. It's one of the things I always loved about this skin. 

Did some testing and you are correct. But it only shows it when the Use extended info bar for OSD option is disabled (when I just Pause a video).
I always was little bit confused about that option, because I never noticed any big difference (since I don't use the OSD). But now I understand. And actually I wish the extended bar would show up when a video is paused.

And @nonJon on the extended bar the movie thumb has a higher priority as the poster, and since it gets shrinked to fit the box, it looks awful sometimes.
EctoOne Wrote:I wish the extended bar would show up when a video is paused.
Will address this in the next update.

EctoOne Wrote:And @nonJon on the extended bar the movie thumb has a higher priority as the poster, and since it gets shrinked to fit the box, it looks awful sometimes.
Core kodi behaviour.

From the wiki:
Quote:Shows the thumbnail (if it exists) of the currently playing item. If no thumbnail image exists, it will show the icon.

Not a problem for most of us b/c we don't manage our libraries the way you do.
I assume you are refering to Player.Icon with your quote right? If so, I will change it to ListItem.Art(poster) on my end. That is interessting though, because I think the old version of Kore (Remote App) I was using before updating to Leia, was also prefering thumbs over icons. Although the image box certainly was designed to show posters. It almost seems that deleting all thumbs would be the best for me.

But now I'm curious, how do you manage your library? I'm just using Tiny Media Manager to scrape my files locally before I move them to my media drive. Because I don't want to do that ever again in case that harddrive dies. And I just use the one folder for each movie folder structure.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Leia4