• 109(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2019-04-13, 17:22)Alanon Wrote:
(2019-04-13, 12:40)Vitruvius3 Wrote: Thanks for the reply.  I would be very grateful if you could try adding a shortcut when time permits so that I could check the result, and if necessary, ask CoreELEC for further advice.

Do you have the option of pasting files to the skin folder? If so, you can download the relevant file from Git Hub and supplant the one from the skin. When you next launch Kodi, it should show up in the settings menu. I don't believe that CoreELEC changed any of the language strings, so everything should display properly. Hopefully, it will also run properly.

If you can't paste the one file, you should be fine just downloading the latest files as zip. Bear in mind that these loose files contain modifications not yet present in the repo, some untested elements, or some unfinished ideas, so you might encounter unintended errors in cases where I haven't finished fixing a bug or adding new features.  
Thanks very much Alanon.  Sorry for the delay in replying.
Pleased to report that your fix worked, albeit after I had moved the ‘ELECs’ shortcuts down from the ‘<!-- Row 3 -->’ group to a new ‘<!-- Row 4 -->’ group.

Cheers!
(2019-04-16, 11:32)Vitruvius3 Wrote: Thanks very much Alanon.  Sorry for the delay in replying. Pleased to report that your fix worked, albeit after I had moved the ‘ELECs’ shortcuts down from the ‘<!-- Row 3 -->’ group to a new ‘<!-- Row 4 -->’ group.Cheers!

Whoops! I knew I was going to get something wrong. All the particular settings buttons are supposed to replace the event log, so no tweaking should be necessary, and everything should stay on the same screen. I've made that tweak, you can test it again i you like, it's on the Git.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hi,
first of all: thanks for all the work on this great skin. everything works fine for me, except, for some reason, globalsearch.
(i run kodi 18 and globalsearch 8.0.11) I am sure the problem is I messed up the configuration somehow, but when i try to search for something I always get an empty, unreponsive window:
With other skins there seems to be no problem, so as I said I probably messed up the installation of this one. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction on how to solve this problem Smile thx!
(2019-04-18, 13:45)Alanon Wrote: Whoops! I knew I was going to get something wrong. All the particular settings buttons are supposed to replace the event log, so no tweaking should be necessary, and everything should stay on the same screen. I've made that tweak, you can test it again i you like, it's on the Git.  
Thanks Alanon.  Almost fixed.  The Main Menu now includes CoreELEC, but it has replaced ‘Events’:  ie the third line shows: Services, System Info, File Manager, CoreELEC
when I was expecting: Services, System Info, File Manager, Events, - with CoreELEC on a new fourth line.
(2019-04-18, 17:39)jeanpaulrichter Wrote: Hi,
first of all: thanks for all the work on this great skin. everything works fine for me, except, for some reason, globalsearch.
(i run kodi 18 and globalsearch 8.0.11) I am sure the problem is I messed up the configuration somehow, but when i try to search for something I always get an empty, unreponsive window:
With other skins there seems to be no problem, so as I said I probably messed up the installation of this one. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction on how to solve this problem Smile thx!

Yea, I had to delete script.globalsearch from skin XML and re-add the Global search shortcut to get it to work.
(2019-04-18, 21:27)jdig4240 Wrote:

Yea, I had to delete script.globalsearch from skin XML and re-add the Global search shortcut to get it to work. 
Thx for your replay. Please excuse this stupid question (i have little to none experience with kodi...): I deleted the script-globalsearch.xml from the skin folder, but how do I "re-add the Global search shortcut"?
(2019-04-19, 10:34)jeanpaulrichter Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 21:27)jdig4240 Wrote:

Thx for your replay. Please excuse this stupid question (i have little to none experience with kodi...): I deleted the script-globalsearch.xml from the skin folder, but how do I "re-add the Global search shortcut"?  
With Skin settings/Customize home menu. Choose the shortcut wherever you want it Addons/Program addons/Global search. It wont have the Eminence themed Global search window, more like a Estuary look, but at least it works.
@Vitruvius3 Oh, that was the actual intent. I don't like the idea of having one lone settings tile in the fourth row, so I decided to axe the Events tab and reuse its spot, so as to keep everything in one window with no scrolling.

@jeanpaulrichter Sorry about that, I've been having trouble fixing the skin for the new version of Global Search. I'll delete those files from the next update to avoid any confusion, until I find some time to finally update it.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2019-04-19, 14:01)Alanon Wrote: @Vitruvius3 Oh, that was the actual intent. I don't like the idea of having one lone settings tile in the fourth row, so I decided to axe the Events tab and reuse its spot, so as to keep everything in one window with no scrolling.

Thanks Alanon - afraid I misinterpeted your comments at #1622 above - sorry.
Hi,

I could have done almost everything I wanted with this amazing skin, except from the scrolling problem I related in other post and Season overview. I have 2 more questions:

1) Which file should I change to modify the information on the red square of this image:

2) I'm using NFO files for movie information, but where Movie Set information is get in this skin and how to change the language used to get this information? See thread 341818 (thread)

Thanks
Has anyone been able to fix the plex OSD problem on Leia? The previous fix (below) isnt working for me.

"PS: Fixed! In that xml file, search line <control type="group" id="802">; the next line is:

<visible>[!IsEmpty(Window.Property(show.OSD)) | Window.IsVisible(seekbar)] + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(subtitlesearch) + !Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo)</visible>

Changed to:

<visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(show.OSD)) + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings)</visible>"
(2019-04-22, 22:35)str8upx Wrote: Has anyone been able to fix the plex OSD problem on Leia? The previous fix (below) isnt working for me.

"PS: Fixed! In that xml file, search line <control type="group" id="802">; the next line is:

<visible>[!IsEmpty(Window.Property(show.OSD)) | Window.IsVisible(seekbar)] + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(subtitlesearch) + !Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo)</visible>

Changed to:

<visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(show.OSD)) + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings)</visible>"

Apparently I cant edit my previous post so this will have to do. I've always loved this skin and this Modded version of it is better then I ever expected. I appreciate everyone's contributions especially the OP's. 

Plex is a requirement for me. I have data on multiple servers, a NAS, and PC's. Plexkodiconnect is the perfect way to access that data within Kodi. The problem is keeping my movies & tv shows separate from other types of videos. Using the native plex addon is a great solution. However the OSD problem ruins the experience. The previous fix was great until upgrading to Leia.  Im sure the problem is still related to the "script-plex-seek_dialog.xml" file but after many attempts the problem persists. Has anyone figured out the solution? or have any ideas of what to try next?
(2019-04-23, 00:06)str8upx Wrote: Apparently I cant edit my previous post
Not yet. You don;t have enough posts. A few more posts and you will have full privileges.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@cemmec If I remember correctly, the movie set information is pulled by Skin Helper through some API, and then cached. I don't believe there is an option to change the language. As far as those icons are concerned, that depends on what you want to do. If you wish to remove one of the items in question, then look for the image includes in DialogSeekBar.xml, around line 265. If you want to change the size of the icons that are displayed, you can go to Includes_Defs.xml and look for the definitions at the bottom of the file. If you'd like to change the actual icons, the easiest way would be to go to media/indicators/default and try to change some of the files from there.

@str8upx Hello and welcome! Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like the skin! I have no access to Plex, and there doesn't seem to be any demo for me to run and tinker with, that's what made the process impossible to debug the last time. Since there haven't been any particular OSD changes in the skin going into Leia, the mechanics haven't changed, so the fix should work from this end, and the only potential danger is that Plex has made substantial modifications to its system that would render the fix unusable. That being said, I downloaded the latest Plex version from Kodi (0.1.6? Is that right?) and the relevant code seems identical.

What I can suggest are basically two things, the first of which is to tweak the fix. There is only one change to be made here, since conventions for Leia have changed, it should now look like this: <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window.Property(show.OSD)) + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings)</visible> You can try replacing the existing code at 23 in script-plex-seek_dialog.xml located in the Plex resource folder with the code in bold. With any luck, it will succeed, and that will be it. If not, the best I can offer is to take a look at some debug logs and see if there's any clue to what's conflicting.

(2019-04-23, 14:27)Alanon Wrote: There is only one change to be made here, since conventions for Leia have changed, it should now look like this: <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window.Property(show.OSD)) + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings)</visible> 

Thank you! The change you suggested above worked like a charm!

It's just a matter of time until someone else encounters the same problem with the Plex addon so here's the complete instructions:

(taken directly from @tocinillo and @Alanon  forum posts)

In the xml file: script-plex-seek_dialog.xml

(On Windows 10:  C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.plex\resources\skins\Main\1080i)
 (On Android:  /Internal memory/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/kodi/addons/script.plex/resources/skins/main/1080i/

Search for the line:

<control type="group" id="802">;

The next line is:

Change it to:

<visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window.Property(show.OSD)) + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings)</visible>

Thanks again @tocinillo and @Alanon
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21