WIP Kodroid skin for Kodi Leia
Hello everyone.
I needed a skin for my personal needs, I mostly use Kodi to watch TV and videos. I wanted to be able to access my content as quickly as possible and to have as much information as possible directly from the home page.
The result is not too bad, which is why I would like to know what you think about it and why not finalize the skin in order to share it with people who would be interested.
The video presentation is much less fluid than the skin in real time because of the recording software that takes a lot of processor resources.
I am waiting for your comments !

[video=youtube] https://youtu.be/-iH7risK6cM[/video]
So based like UI Android for smart tv
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
Great Skin. Like it a lot.
(2019-04-15, 12:06)Freeman-TK Wrote:  

That looks really promising and I am very interested to try it out.
Could you adjust the settings of the video so it could be watched via hooktube and similar sites as well, please?
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2019-04-14, 21:12)kodroid57 Wrote: Hello everyone.
I needed a skin for my personal needs, I mostly use Kodi to watch TV and videos. I wanted to be able to access my content as quickly as possible and to have as much information as possible directly from the home page.
The result is not too bad, which is why I would like to know what you think about it and why not finalize the skin in order to share it with people who would be interested.
The video presentation is much less fluid than the skin in real time because of the recording software that takes a lot of processor resources.
I am waiting for your comments !

[video=youtube] https://youtu.be/-iH7risK6cM[/video]
this looks brilliant. A twist on the android skins already available. I'd be interested in giving this a try please.
(2019-04-15, 15:52)Raitsa Wrote: Could you adjust the settings of the video so it could be watched via hooktube and similar sites as well, please?

hello, you can simply create the link yourself in your browser. I do not know hooktube but in two clicks on google I understood how to do.
good visualization !
(2019-04-15, 15:36)Aaiemron Wrote: That looks really promising and I am very interested to try it out.

thank you very much, I work a lot on the skin at the moment but it is a complicated job and as soon as I finish most windows I will put online an incomplete but viable trial version.
The goal with this skin is to achieve something simple, fast not consuming a lot of resources, both intuitive and visible on a big screen from his couch without hurting his eyes. There will be for example only one view I think, not ten types of different views that I think do not bring much to the comfort of use.
This is my personal opinion and does not question the great work some do on the different views available in their skin.
This looks great , I have often thought when looking at skins like embuary and aura , that the row of categories at the top of the screen would be much better as main menu items like you have, so that everything is on one screen. So many skins have a row of prominent categories below a tiny main menu text list that (A) is hard to see and (B), means you have to go to different screens for each menu item , looking forward to this well done.
(2019-04-16, 16:16)ontap Wrote: looks
(2019-04-16, 16:16)ontap Wrote: This looks great , I have often thought when looking at skins like embuary and aura , that the row of categories at the top of the screen would be much better as main menu items like you have, so that everything is on one screen. So many skins have a row of

Thank you very much, it's reassuring to know that other people share my opinion. In fact since I use it at home I no longer need to go through video libraries or music, I filter directly from the widgets of the home page and arrives in seconds to find what I'm looking for. I'll put a little video that shows exactly how each widget in the skin works. There are also 10 fully configurable widgets that can be added and modified simply.
Hello everyone, the video widget is now finalized, your comments or suggestions are welcome.
Demonstration on video for those who are interested.

Very nice , very unique , I like it , regarding poster widgets, I know you have zoom effect when highlighted , would a border enhance the selected poster a bit more ? Personally I like posters without the title bar below, virtually all the posters have the movie/show name overlaid on the image so the bar below is not needed and poster looks better without  it ? just my opinion .
Definitely I skin I would use this.
(2019-04-19, 13:32)ontap Wrote: Very nice , very unique , I like it , regarding poster widgets, I know you have zoom effect when highlighted , would a border enhance the selected poster a bit more ? Personally I like posters without the title bar below, virtually all the posters have the movie/show name overlaid on the image so the bar below is not needed and poster looks better without  it ? just my opinion .
Definitely I skin I would use this.

I could possibly add two options for each widget (add a border and display / do not show the title bar) but given the amount of work I have to do, this will certainly be for later. But I notice that somewhere and all your remarks will only improve the final result I think.
Very good !
Do you think you'll post alpha or bêta soon ?
Because a lot of cool wip skin still stay in the cloud.... And we wait we wait...

So have you a delay for make it available for all ?

Very great job Anyway !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodroid skin for Kodi Leia0