Solved (v18.1) How to reset the Movie database?
I have deleted all sources, but there are still a few movies that show up.

I suspect these are leftovers from when I changed the address of a source; it scanned/added the movies from the new source address (after editing), but didn't delete the entries that correspond with the old source address.
The correct way to remove Sources... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...om_Library

Users always end up editing the wrong files.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-26, 02:04)Karellen Wrote: The correct way to remove Sources... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...om_Library

Users always end up editing the wrong files.
Thx for the quick reply. :-)
 didn't realize the context menu for a movie was different, depending on where you access it. I now found the one that has the Manage option.
There were only a few movies left, so deleting them one by one wasn't a problem.

FYI: it is a reproducible problem, though.
  1. Create a movie source; movies get scanned & added to the library
  2. Change something on the server (e.g. rename the root directory)
  3. Edit the source accordingly (Settings : Media : Library : Videos : <highlight source> : <context menu> : Edit Source : Browse etc.)
  4. Movies get scanned & added again - but the old ones stay!
  5. Delete the source
  6. ... and you end up with a bunch of orphans
Then you run a Clean Library to remove the orphans.

Your process, while correct, was never meant to be a way of substituting paths for media. It is a method to correct an error, or add additional paths to a single source entry.

It is not a bug.

You can also press <Delete> on your keyboard if you are using one.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-26, 02:48)Karellen Wrote: Then you run a Clean Library to remove the orphans.

Your process, while correct, was never meant to be a way of substituting paths for media. It is a method to correct an error, or add additional paths to a single source entry.

It is not a bug.

You can also press <Delete> on your keyboard if you are using one.
Sorry, should have mentioned that this is on Xbox, so no keyboard,

I have now also found the Clean Library option, I was unaware of having to set it to Expert.

All good, thx again.
Great!!

Sorry, yes I should have immediately known you were on xBox. You correctly posted in the UWP forum, but I drift all over the forum and sometimes forget where I am and give generic advice. Smile

I'll mark this as solved.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(v18.1) How to reset the Movie database?0