add smartplaylist for custom submenu item?
Hi!

I'd like to add custom menu and submenu items.
It is possible to add custom menu items using favourites but I do not want to have my smart playlists for custom menu items in favorites too. What about the "Folder [1-5]" submenu items in the first menu item (Video,N/A)? How does the "Source name" work? The name of the smart playlist file does not work. What is the full path to the *.xsp files I have to enter here?

Thanks!
this is for default theme
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341313
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340158
Thanks but I'd like to change the skin transparency! because the default skin does not have the great fanart view.
the menu shold work if you use ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylist&url=Video%3a%20movie
(2019-04-26, 11:07)orclex Wrote: because the default skin does not have the great fanart view.

what fanart looking at google images it is not even as good as a custom estuary theme
(2019-04-26, 08:33)orclex Wrote: custom menu and submenu items.
If you don't want to add smart playlists to favourites, try Video nodes (wiki) and this Add-on:Library Node Editor (wiki) will make it easy to enhance your library through a custom home page button or library submenu. As a bonus Nodes offers a hierarchical format, or sub folders.

(2019-04-26, 08:33)orclex Wrote: "Folder [1-5]" submenu items in the first menu item (Video,N/A)? How does the "Source name" work?
Thanks!

The path source name is working with the absolute path

/storage/videos/Doku

but it is also working with special path names:

special://videoplaylists/Kinder Serien.xsp
Is it possible to point the main items like "Music" or "Movies" to a different .xml or .xsp file with custom rules?
I've tried the Library Node Editor but if I create a parent Node it is still a subnode of the main item "Music" or "Movies"...
You do not necessarily have to use the node editor, you can use a normal editor to customize \userdata\library\video and in that, define the hierarchy then eliminate the home page 'movie' button and replace it with 'library' or 'Movie' and then options become whatever is defined in your nodes as nodes. Restructuring the skin is beyond support for T! but the forum does allow for creating your own skin and the wiki's are an advantage. One of the most favourable features of nodes outside of the hierarchy format, is that you can call a smart playlist and add further node rules. I don't see too many constraints in this system of cataloguing and T! fits into my set-up nicely.
(2019-04-30, 13:37)orclex Wrote: Is it possible to point the main items like "Music" or "Movies" to a different .xml or .xsp file
I always like to say anything is possible, Kodi is open source after all, but I'm not sure what you want to do is available only under custom rules. Why don't you layout your interface ideas and how that works into T! Digging deeper into nodes you will find that the userdata library is just a echo of the main with your additions. Skinning (wiki) Skinning Manual (wiki) https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
add smartplaylist for custom submenu item?0