BUG - Settings accessible without password even when Locked in Profile
Great skin, I've almost got it completely bolted down for Kiosk mode for when my guests use Kodi

......just....one...problem....

I found a bug - Even when you have chosen lock access to 'Settings - All' in a user profile, you can still choose it from the context menu and go straight into the settings menu without a password, it should challenge the user for the Master Lock password in this situation.

I need to be able to either remove the settings option from the context menu when not in Master Mode, or have the settings option ask for the Master Lock Password as it should when 'All Settings' have been locked for a profile.

also

When using Kodi on LibreELEC I don't seem to be able to find a way to get to the LibreELEC settings when using this skin.
Hi griffindodd.

Thanks for the kind words and support.

And thanks for submitting the bugs.

(2019-05-02, 19:54)griffindodd Wrote: I found a bug - Even when you have chosen lock access to 'Settings - All' in a user profile, you can still choose it from the context menu and go straight into the settings menu without a password, it should challenge the user for the Master Lock password in this situation.

I need to be able to either remove the settings option from the context menu when not in Master Mode, or have the settings option ask for the Master Lock Password as it should when 'All Settings' have been locked for a profile.

That seems to be a bug with Kodi.
It only asks for password when entering some of the settings windows (profiles, skin settings etc.), but not other (interface settings, media settings etc.).

There's nothing I can do on the skin side.

But you can submit a detailed issue here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues
Feel free to reference this thread.

(2019-05-02, 19:54)griffindodd Wrote: When using Kodi on LibreELEC I don't seem to be able to find a way to get to the LibreELEC settings when using this skin.

Which platform do you use?

I just changed some unnecessary code, so it should work in the next development and official update.

Please let me know if everything works in the next update.
(2019-05-03, 21:53)Gade Wrote: Hi griffindodd.

Thanks for the kind words and support.

And thanks for submitting the bugs.
(2019-05-02, 19:54)griffindodd Wrote: I found a bug - Even when you have chosen lock access to 'Settings - All' in a user profile, you can still choose it from the context menu and go straight into the settings menu without a password, it should challenge the user for the Master Lock password in this situation.

That seems to be a bug with Kodi.
It only asks for password when entering some of the settings windows (profiles, skin settings etc.), but not other (interface settings, media settings etc.).

There's nothing I can do on the skin side.

But you can submit a detailed issue here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues
Feel free to reference this thread.

(2019-05-02, 19:54)griffindodd Wrote: When using Kodi on LibreELEC I don't seem to be able to find a way to get to the LibreELEC settings when using this skin.

Which platform do you use?

I just changed some unnecessary code, so it should work in the next development and official update.

Please let me know if everything works in the next update.   

Thanks for replying. That is odd as I have tried other skins where trying to enter the main settings menu is indeed challenged for a master password (Amber is an example) but as I don't know the intricacies of skinning then I'm not sure if there are others details at play.

I'm running LibreElec on the x86 platform.
(2019-05-03, 21:58)griffindodd Wrote: Thanks for replying. That is odd as I have tried other skins where trying to enter the main settings menu is indeed challenged for a master password (Amber is an example) but as I don't know the intricacies of skinning then I'm not sure if there are others details at play.

That's because some other skins access the main settings window and nothing else (Estuary etc.).
Rapier skips the main settings window (it doesn't exist in the skin) and accesses interface settings directly, and also other settings windows from the submenus.

Interface settings and some other settings window are for some reason not protected by password (when accessed directly), even if it is set up in the profile.

(2019-05-03, 21:58)griffindodd Wrote: I'm running LibreElec on the x86 platform.

Not Rpi?

I added the code for the LibreELEC settings ages ago and only show them on Rpi platforms.
But that's changed now.
(2019-05-03, 22:23)Gade Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 21:58)griffindodd Wrote: Thanks for replying. That is odd as I have tried other skins where trying to enter the main settings menu is indeed challenged for a master password (Amber is an example) but as I don't know the intricacies of skinning then I'm not sure if there are others details at play.

That's because some other skins access the main settings window and nothing else (Estuary etc.).
Rapier skips the main settings window (it doesn't exist in the skin) and accesses interface settings directly, and also other settings windows from the submenus.

Interface settings and some other settings window are for some reason not protected by password (when accessed directly), even if it is set up in the profile.
(2019-05-03, 21:58)griffindodd Wrote: I'm running LibreElec on the x86 platform.

Not Rpi?

I added the code for the LibreELEC settings ages ago and only show them on Rpi platforms.
But that's changed now. 

OK gotcha, hopefully they will address this at some point as only locking down half the settings seems kinda pointless. Thanks for your great work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BUG - Settings accessible without password even when Locked in Profile0