Solved A real strange scraper issue
Kodi 17.6 - database is stored in MySql.

I'm using the Universal Movie Scraper...it is fully up to date.

I never have issues scraping movies or TV shows.  Eveything is always named correctly beforehand

I already have a BluRay of The Force Awakens in my library...it is titled -  Star Wars - The Force Awakens (2015).bluray

It scanned into my library fine and shows up in my library as I woud expect it to.

I have recently obtained a fan edit of the same movie...The file name is as below

Star Wars - The Force Awakens Restructured (2015).mkv

When I do a usual library scan it isnt picked up.   If I go into the files seciton I can see the file...I seach for info and it finds the movie.  I then select it and it returns with LOADING MOVIE DETAILS and then NO INFORMATION FOUND!

I have tried using the Missing Movies add on but I get the same results.

I have tried renaming the file and and get the same results.   

I have tried creating an NFO file with the correct movie info in it and get a result when it just goes straight to the NO INFORMATION FOUND! result.

I have even renamed the file to exactly the same same as the one that is currently in my library but in a different folder, with the same result

If I pick a totally different title (returned from the search)...any of the other options works fine and adds the movie to the library as that item. 

I have tried using ther IMDB scraper and get the same result.

It is as if all of the scrfapers no longer know the film exists.

every single other items scrapes without issue...everything else in the system is working fine.

This is happening on three separately installed instances of Kodi 17.6 on three different Windows PCs.

I have tried rebooting all machines, I have tried rebooting the server where the media is stored and the MySQL database resides

Everything else works fine....

I dont want to remove the existing bluray version from the librayin case I cant put it back

What is going on?
@jouster

Can you provide a Debug Log of you attempting to scrape this movie.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-09, 21:34)jouster Wrote: What is going on?
Is there a reason for always adding an extra line between each of your text lines? I'm just curious. Smile
(2019-05-11, 13:10)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-05-09, 21:34)jouster Wrote: What is going on?
Is there a reason for always adding an extra line between each of your text lines? I'm just curious. Smile

In my post above?
(2019-05-11, 13:03)Karellen Wrote: @jouster

Can you provide a Debug Log of you attempting to scrape this movie.

Getting that for you shortly
Here’s is the debug log . I hope this is what you want and how you want it

http:// https://paste.kodi.tv/etizezodef
@jouster

I looked through your log file, but I could not find where you tried to scrape Star Wars - The Force Awakens Restructured (2015).mkv. Did you try to scrape it? If you did, then your log has been cut as it seems to end mid scrape.

(2019-05-09, 21:34)jouster Wrote: If I go into the files seciton I can see the file...I seach for info and it finds the movie.  I then select it and it returns with LOADING MOVIE DETAILS and then NO INFORMATION FOUND!
Can you try again. This time do it the above way. No need to run an Update Library for your entire library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok will do. Thought I’d done that already but happy to do it again
here is the next attempt..thanks again for your time

I can try to doavideo ragb of me doing this to show what I mean as I dont think Im dpoing anything wrong this time
Thanks. That is better.

It is not a scraper problem, but a MySQL problem. The scraper has found the movie using the Universal Movie Scraper after you used the keyboard to modify the title.

Then MySQL throws the following error...
xml:
ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos107] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1406)
Query: UPDATE movie SET c00='Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens',c01='30 years after the defeat of Darth Vader and the Empire...
ERROR: CVideoDatabase::SetDetailsForMovie (smb://JASERVER2/Videos/HD/Fan Edits/Star Wars - The Force Awakens - Restructured.mkv) failed
DEBUG: Mysql rollback transaction

The problem is described here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340933

The problem and solution is here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15768
My Signature
(2019-05-16, 01:23)Karellen Wrote: Thanks. That is better.

It is not a scraper problem, but a MySQL problem. The scraper has found the movie using the Universal Movie Scraper after you used the keyboard to modify the title.

Then MySQL throws the following error...
xml:
ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos107] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1406)
Query: UPDATE movie SET c00='Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens',c01='30 years after the defeat of Darth Vader and the Empire...
ERROR: CVideoDatabase::SetDetailsForMovie (smb://JASERVER2/Videos/HD/Fan Edits/Star Wars - The Force Awakens - Restructured.mkv) failed
DEBUG: Mysql rollback transaction

The problem is described here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340933

The problem and solution is here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15768

You superstar...how strange rthat it is the only film with this issue...Im not entirely sure what it all means but I will take a proper look tomorrow...thanks so much
My knowledge on MySQL is limited, but it means that there are too many artwork links being returned by the scraper for MySQL to handle them as the field is too small. My understanding is that you need to increase the size of the field to cope with it.

Not a problem on kodi's local SQL database.
My Signature
@karellen 

Ivejust taken a qucik look at the solution and got a bit blonded by tech with regards to adjusting/fixing my SQL database.

I won't lie...I did setup the database myself, but wondering if there is an idiots guide to adjusthing thigns anywhere.
Unfortunately I have not seen such guide here on the forum. Maybe a search on google may give advice how to modify the db schema?

Sorry, but I'll have to leave you in the hands of other members that have the knowledge.
My Signature
(2019-05-16, 01:35)Karellen Wrote: Unfortunately I have not seen such guide here on the forum. Maybe a search on google may give advice how to modify the db schema?

Sorry, but I'll have to leave you in the hands of other members that have the knowledge.

No need to apologise...youve helped to explain why im having the issues and the overload of data makes sense with such a film.....many thanks again and have a great day

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A real strange scraper issue0