• 66(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
(2019-03-10, 00:45)bossanova808 Wrote: @wacko37 I added your link to the files to the wiki...

Hey bossanova808! Love your OzWeather skin.
Had some issues last night with the pause display showing while I was playing videos after the last update to Leia nightly 18.2. I reluctantly upgraded to the Leia RC nightles as my AFL App stopped streaming due to missing DRM in Krypton and it was working fine till yesterday when it started doing the weather display during play.
Anyway, I went to the OzWeather page today and saw a new updated xml for ... estuary... gasp!

I love the Bom Weather skin but must say I'm bemused to say the least by your hatred for Estuary. I find it's much nicer than Confluence or the OSMC default (I don't understand how anyone can use that one)

Anyway. Thanks so much for this skin and your albeit reluctance to have a mod for Estuary.
Not hatred, it's just not to my taste.  My main beef with Estuary is the constant half cut off elements.  I liked it better before they did the 'fits anything' responsive re-design about half way through.  But in general I jsut find it cluttered.

Still, just opinions - we've got choice, so might as well use it!  I will generally support the default skin, though, because otherwise it becomes a semi pointless add on I guess...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Seem to have lost Oz Weather since yesterday on both an Android  and a Ubuntu Box.
Do I need to supply a log?
Always, yes

(Working fine here on libreelec right now...)

Might be an 18.2 issue... Is that out now??
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Not yet, just v18.2 RC1
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-17, 01:28)dixons Wrote: Seem to have lost Oz Weather since yesterday on both an Android  and a Ubuntu Box.
Do I need to supply a log?
Tried uninstalling and deleting all data and re-installing. Both now working.
Thanks for advice. Great add-on.
I've just come back from holidays and find kodi, running on an old Rpi1B, has a few "funnies." Something's changed in the past month or two?

OzWeather: I select Weather from the Home screen and get a brief flash of the correct background map, then the radar loop loads and overlays the background map image with black everywhere there isn't anything happening, and the usual radar colours and motion where there's rain. It's as if the "transparent" pixel value is now being shown as black. When I get out of Weather to go back to the Home screen, the underlying map shows briefly again as the radar loop is unloaded. Any suggestions? TIA...
@raspberrypie Sounds like something is going wrong with downloading the backgrounds?  The radar loop is a serios ov overlaid images - starting with a map, then various overlays, and finally a series of actual radar rain images.  Sounds like you're seeing only some of that.

If the issue persists (might well be a temp BOM glitch) - start by deleting your addon_data/ozweather folder...

Other than that, it won't be OzWeather related per se, I'd say.  You might want to check your settings in terms of dirty zones etc, if you have and old config stuff in there.  I think that has changed.  But there's no general OzWeather issue right now I am aware of, working fine for me at least...
@bossanova808

Saw your post and was going to confirm there was no problem, but there does seem to be a problem Sad

Line 1642... https://paste.kodi.tv/zusucefoqa.kodi

Strange that it works on my main HTPC which is running v18.2 official, but not on this test machine running nightlies.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen  Pretty sure you just haven't configured the addon in your nightly one Wink
Code:
2019-05-14 12:40:33.173 T:10532 DEBUG: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Set property name: [Location1] - value:[]
2019-05-14 12:40:33.173 T:10532 DEBUG: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Set property name: [Location2] - value:[]
2019-05-14 12:40:33.173 T:10532 DEBUG: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Set property name: [Location3] - value:[]
2019-05-14 12:40:33.173 T:10532 DEBUG: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Set property name: [Locations] - value:[0]
2019-05-14 12:40:33.173 T:10532 DEBUG: Refreshing radar locations from settings
2019-05-14 12:40:33.173 T:10532 DEBUG: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Set property name: [Radar1] - value:[IDR00004]
2019-05-14 12:40:33.173 T:10532 DEBUG: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Set property name: [Radar2] - value:[]
2019-05-14 12:40:33.173 T:10532 DEBUG: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Set property name: [Radar3] - value:[]
2019-05-14 12:40:33.173 T:10532 DEBUG: ### Oz Weather - 1.0.0 ### Set property name: [Radars] - value:[0]

or...maybe that is the issue, you have configured it but it's not retrieving the settings?? Let me know.

I do know ith Python 3, they're planning on ripping out a lot of the old stuff that my now ~10 year old add on was probably written for.  I currently am looking after about 7 addons, all of which are gonna need some Python 3 love...but I was planning on letting the dust settle a while on Python3 and Kodi...i.e. till beta stage or so, before bothering to dig in...unless someone really pesters me about needing those addons for a newer Kodi before that, I guess.  I've only got so much time!!
I tried to configure the settings, but kept getting the following error. So I thought I couldn't configure it due to the error in the log.

Image Image

In addition, I receive the typical add-on error message at Kodi startup.

(2019-05-14, 07:55)bossanova808 Wrote: I was planning on letting the dust settle a while on Python3 and Kodi...i.e. till beta stage or so, before bothering to dig in...unless someone really pesters me about needing those addons for a newer Kodi before that, I guess. I've only got so much time!!
Yes, sure. I have seen you take over some other add-ons (thanks).

I am using v18.3 nightly, so it will be released soonish. It is not v19 I am testing with.
My Signature
hmm, probably a tweak or temp issue with weatherzone to their search results page.  Usually these just go away of themselves after a little while but I will dig further over the next day or two...

(in the meantime if you want to get it working, jsut copy over your addon settings from the other install...)
Sure, no problems. It is just my test install, so not an issue for me Smile
My Signature
Ok, looks like actually they have moved to re-directing all http traffic to https.

The change to OzWeather is trivial (literally add an s to the schema constant at the top of weatherzone.py).

I'll try and cut a release tomorrow...
Looks like there is no Alpha channel in the most recent radar currentloop png images (I just checked). Some old png's I found lying around from last year have Alpha channels, and so do all the background overlays I just re-downloaded. Any way to tell the addon to treat black as transparent?
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5