• 4(current)
Release TV Ontario (TVO) Video Addon
(2019-05-15, 19:18)a2343 Wrote: I was able to find my plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib on my Intel htpc but I am not able to see the same file on my network using Ubuntu. I assume that I would be doing the patching from my Ubuntu system. 

On GNU/Linux you can use the find command to locate files.  For example:

find / -name plugin.video.tvo -print 2>/dev/null

can be used to locate the file / directory named plugin.video.tvo

If you still have difficulty then let me know.
(2019-05-15, 21:20)kodaksmith Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 19:18)a2343 Wrote: I was able to find my plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib on my Intel htpc but I am not able to see the same file on my network using Ubuntu. I assume that I would be doing the patching from my Ubuntu system. 

On GNU/Linux you can use the find command to locate files.  For example:

find / -name plugin.video.tvo -print 2>/dev/null

can be used to locate the file / directory named plugin.video.tvo

If you still have difficulty then let me know. 
Still can't find my plugin.video.tvo file using both the find and locate commands in terminal. For now will be patient and wait for  learningit to eventually fix the addon. Meantime, thanks Kodaksmith for your efforts in trying to help me with this task!
(2019-05-15, 19:18)a2343 Wrote: I was able to find my plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib on my Intel htpc

Because you are able to find the location for the plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib/scraper.py file, I have provided a replacement file to make it easier to install.

NOTE: This post has been edited to remove content that is no longer valid.
(2019-05-16, 16:37)a2343 Wrote: Still can't find my plugin.video.tvo file using both the find and locate commands in terminal. For now will be patient and wait for  learningit to eventually fix the addon. Meantime, thanks Kodaksmith for your efforts in trying to help me with this task! 
I am having difficulties as well trying to figure out how to patch this file using Windows despite Kodaksmith's well intentioned efforts, I thank him as well but I'll also have to wait for the addon update.  Are addons not something like open source that can be forked or I assume it is bad form to takeover someone else's work.  Is there a generic time span where one assumes an addon has been abandoned?

Obviously this is a fairly popular addon one would hope somebody would be working on a more permanent solution.
(2019-05-16, 18:00)kodaksmith Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 19:18)a2343 Wrote: I was able to find my plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib on my Intel htpc

Because you are able to find the location for the plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib/scraper.py file, I have provided a replacement file to make it easier to install.

-  scraper.py replacement file to be placed in plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib/ folder.

The following steps assume that you have the TVO Video Add-on v3.0.8 already installed on your Kodi computer.

1.  Download the replacement scraper.py file (link above) and save it as scraper.pyTo Download I highlighted all the lines in the HasteBin web page excluding the line numbers,
    copied and pasted into a text editor and saved the file.

2.  Determine the location of the Kodi addons folder where plugin.video.tvo is installed on your Kodi computer.

For example:

LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi:  /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/
    Kodi on Ubuntu:             ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/

Note that the location of the addons folder should be similar to the userdata folder.

3.  Copy the new scraper.py file over top of the existing plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib/scraper.py file.

'Hope that helps. 

I have uninstalled TVO and reinstalled the v. 3.0.8 and still cant see the plugin.video.tvo on ubuntu. From my htpc, I can see /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib but nothing beyond that. I can't see the scraper. py file that you refer to. Not sure what to do from here. I hate to bother you any further with this issue and very much appreciate your attempt to help me thus far.

-  scraper.py replacement file to be placed in plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib/ folder.

The following steps assume that you have the TVO Video Add-on v3.0.8 already installed on your Kodi computer.

1.  Download the replacement scraper.py file (link above) and save it as scraper.pyTo Download I highlighted all the lines in the HasteBin web page excluding the line numbers,

2.  Determine the location of the Kodi addons folder where plugin.video.tvo is installed on your Kodi computer.

For example:

Note that the location of the addons folder should be similar to the userdata folder.

3.  Copy the new scraper.py file over top of the existing plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib/scraper.py file.

'Hope that helps. 
If you could provide me with the plugin.video.tvo folder, I could copy it into my userdata/addon_data folder from Ubuntu. Not sure if that would work or not?
We must be looking at something different.  I'm not sure how you are able to see the /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib folder, but not the files within the folder.

The way I edit the file is:

1. Open an ssh connection to my RPi.

ssh [email protected]

Note that 192.168.1.101 is the IP address of my RPi.  You'll need to look up the IP address for your LibreELEC computer.

2. Change to the appropriate folder.

cd /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib

3. Edit scraper.py or otherwise copy the file from somewhere else.

nano scraper.py

'Hope that helps.
(2019-05-17, 04:46)kodaksmith Wrote: We must be looking at something different.  I'm not sure how you are able to see the /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib folder, but not the files within the folder.

The way I edit the file is:

1. Open an ssh connection to my RPi.

ssh [email protected]

Note that 192.168.1.101 is the IP address of my RPi.  You'll need to look up the IP address for your LibreELEC computer.

2. Change to the appropriate folder.

cd /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib

3. Edit scraper.py or otherwise copy the file from somewhere else.

nano scraper.py

'Hope that helps.

Will try and do that tomorrow later in the day and let you know how it worked out.
Finally got it, thanks

For example:

'Hope that helps. 
Followed your instructions and it now works just fine. Thanks again and gave you a thumbs up which you rightly deserve!
Thanks to all for confirming that you were able to get the TVO addon working with the change to scraper.py.  :-)
(2019-05-17, 02:26)barney63 Wrote: Are addons not something like open source that can be forked or I assume it is bad form to takeover someone else's work.  Is there a generic time span where one assumes an addon has been abandoned?

Obviously this is a fairly popular addon one would hope somebody would be working on a more permanent solution. 

I'm aware of only one add-on that had the maintenance taken over by a different person.  See CBC TV post #13.  Other than that I don't recall seeing any documented steps.

Note that my intention is not to take over this add-on.  The original author is welcome to use or ignore my proposed fix as he/she sees fit.
(2019-05-18, 22:09)kodaksmith Wrote: Note that my intention is not to take over this add-on.  The original author is welcome to use or ignore my proposed fix as he/she sees fit. 
I understand the honourable intent you had to not take over the add on and you went out of your way to make that clear in the previous posts.  I was just wondering if addons were similar to open source software whose whole purpose is for people to use and adapt them.  I guess there is no formal process as addons aren't licensed but it would be a shame if somebody had a great addon that stopped working and they had moved on, that someone else couldn't take the code and use/adapt it without reinventing the wheel.

Anyways, I was just curious about what the attitudes are towards this.  My problem above was I thought I had to add your code to the addon scraper file (or was I right about that).  Later I was able to understand it was a simple matter of substituting one file for another.  Thanks again for the help.
I don't know what I'm thinking, adapting addons is done all the time, disregard most of the post above.
Each official Kodi Add-on should include a LICENSE file.  For example see the plugin.video.tvo/LICENSE.txt file on your Kodi computer, which indicates that the TV Ontario (TVO) Video Addon is licensed under GNU GPL v2.

To learn more about creating add-ons, see Kodi Add-on development.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Ontario (TVO) Video Addon0