• 57(current)
Google Nexus Player
So , is nexus player recommended for kodi or no? What is the issues i should excepted ? Is it runnig stable or crashed too much ? Is it having wifi connictivity issues? What is the 23fps issue .. I read many complain about but i cant understand it . I use kodi to run movies from my external hdd , and streaming from some 3rd party with also youtube and other video sites ? Tv not important for me. I stream most of time 720p , but some times i do stream 1080p but files not so big. Please let me know as i should purchase this today or tommorow.
Or should i go for firetv instead ?
(2016-03-13, 16:10)samehvirus Wrote: So , is nexus player recommended for kodi or no? What is the issues i should excepted ? Is it runnig stable or crashed too much ? Is it having wifi connictivity issues? What is the 23fps issue .. I read many complain about but i cant understand it . I use kodi to run movies from my external hdd , and streaming from some 3rd party with also youtube and other video sites ? Tv not important for me. I stream most of time 720p , but some times i do stream 1080p but files not so big. Please let me know as i should purchase this today or tommorow.
The Nexus Player is a still a great Kodi player but don't spend over $50 for it.

It's stable with Kodi, doesn't have Wifi issues, the 23fps issue is not a huge issue because most people don't notice it, and I am able to play full Bluray images on it so it's more than fast enough to play 1080p files.
(2016-03-14, 06:16)Kodroid Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 16:10)samehvirus Wrote: So , is nexus player recommended for kodi or no? What is the issues i should excepted ? Is it runnig stable or crashed too much ? Is it having wifi connictivity issues? What is the 23fps issue .. I read many complain about but i cant understand it . I use kodi to run movies from my external hdd , and streaming from some 3rd party with also youtube and other video sites ? Tv not important for me. I stream most of time 720p , but some times i do stream 1080p but files not so big. Please let me know as i should purchase this today or tommorow.
The Nexus Player is a still a great Kodi player but don't spend over $50 for it.

It's stable with Kodi, doesn't have Wifi issues, the 23fps issue is not a huge issue because most people don't notice it, and I am able to play full Bluray images on it so it's more than fast enough to play 1080p files.

Thank you very much , would you tell me if kodi work on np better than fire tv , or fire tv can be better option for Kodi?
At my country , nexus player cost 135 usd . So i want to make sure it worth the money Smile
(2016-03-14, 15:10)samehvirus Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 06:16)Kodroid Wrote:

Thank you very much , would you tell me if kodi work on np better than fire tv , or fire tv can be better option for Kodi?
I think it's better than fire for other reasons than pq and compatibility since they compare pretty similar in those two areas
(2016-03-14, 19:17)samehvirus Wrote: At my country , nexus player cost 135 usd . So i want to make sure it worth the money Smile
Not worth that. How much is a shield? Or an RPi3+Chromecast combo instead. The Nexus is still kind of a good deal since it can be found cheap in the US and plays back most content except vc1 and 265
I'm looking for some help or advice. I have two different google nexus player devices and have constant issues with any kind of customization of kodi being lost as soon as the devices restart. Originally when I got my first device I was using Kodi 15.* and didn't have this issue. I currently have kodi 16 (latest android version) on both devices and they both loose any skin customizations after a restart.

It doesn't seem to matter what skin I use, default or any other. One other thing that occurs is that we get the onboarding how to screens showing every time we start the app.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a bunch of times, clearing data etc. to no avail.

I tried SPMC as well, but it seems to have same issues.

Strangely, the devices do retain source configuration.
(2016-06-09, 03:39)nexusplayeruser Wrote: I'm looking for some help or advice. I have two different google nexus player devices and have constant issues with any kind of customization of kodi being lost as soon as the devices restart. Originally when I got my first device I was using Kodi 15.* and didn't have this issue. I currently have kodi 16 (latest android version) on both devices and they both loose any skin customizations after a restart.

It doesn't seem to matter what skin I use, default or any other. One other thing that occurs is that we get the onboarding how to screens showing every time we start the app.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a bunch of times, clearing data etc. to no avail.

I tried SPMC as well, but it seems to have same issues.

Strangely, the devices do retain source configuration.

I'm having the same problem. Unfortunately, the fix in this post didn't work for me: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=279045

Can anyone suggest something else to try?
Android 7 update working fine on Nexus Player with Kodi. Anyone have any problems with it?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1
Hi
I am looking to have a second Kodi/SPMC box (and I want to try out Android TV No..), so I just have a couple of easy questions.. Does the Nexus player have a manual 24/23,9* mode ? and does it do auto refresh rate switching in SPMC?

thanks
It has 24hz but not 23.976. Auto switching works.
(2016-09-05, 19:06)feathers Wrote: It has 24hz but not 23.976. Auto switching works.

Thanks!
Is anyone else having problems with digital audio?

When I start or un-pause a DD or DTS file there can be a delay of 1 to 2 seconds for my amp to detect the signal; meaning you can miss dialogue.

I have the setting "Keep audio device alive" set to "Always" and I'm pretty sure it's not my amp as other connected sources don't have this problem.
Live Channels Updated, Supports USB Tuners and Adds DVR (Recording) Capabilities

http://androidtv.news/2016/10/live-chann...abilities/

Further Android TV Nougat 7.0 info for the Nexus Player HERE

Quote:We’ve just pushed update to Live Channels in Play Store today in order to help unblock developers who work on the Recording API we released in API level 24. Our sample implementation is based on the ATSC USB tuner input and you can test it by plugging one of the following USB tuner models into your Nexus Player running Android 7.0 or higher. Note this works only in North America.
– Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q
– Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for Xbox One
– AVerMedia AVerTV Volar Hybrid Q (H837)

As Nexus Player has insufficient storage for recording, you need to connect an external storage with a USB OTG hub and set it as “device storage”. (Don’t forget to move data.)
I can see nVIDIA Shield owners starting to lick their lips as well Wink

Kodi just stopped working on the Nexus Player sometime in the second week of May 2019 around the 11th of May. There was no Update from Kodi. When starting Kodi, it will attempt to start, maybe show the Kodi splash screen, but then crash. I tried both with stock rom and then installed LineageOS. Kodi show the same behavior on both systems. I then installed from here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/a...droid_x86/

Unfortunately, the plugins don't seem to work.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Nexus Player7