• 141(current)
Release script.extendedinfo
(2019-04-25, 10:50)HeresJohnny Wrote: Running Kodi M nightly 20190424
When in the actor extended information screen, none of the presented youtube videos can be played. They all trigger an error "no youtube id can be found".
There was a commit on the youtube-dl youtube extractor on 23 Apr.  Try updating youtube-dl core in the youtube-dl control addon from current master on github.  This is assuming you didn't make the patch to use the youtube addon (probably a good idea to update youtube-dl control core anyway).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Updating the youtube-dl core solved it.
I just realized that the whole issue has been discussed and solved just before my post. I really feel bad for having posted without reading beforehand, I apologize. Thank you for your patience @scott967
(2019-04-25, 21:14)scott967 Wrote:
When in the actor extended information screen, none of the presented youtube videos can be played. They all trigger an error "no youtube id can be found".
There was a commit on the youtube-dl youtube extractor on 23 Apr.  Try updating youtube-dl core in the youtube-dl control addon from current master on github.  This is assuming you didn't make the patch to use the youtube addon (probably a good idea to update youtube-dl control core anyway).

scott s.

I'm sorry for the dumb question, but where exactly was the commit pushed? Since here https://github.com/ruuk/script.module.youtube.dl (which I am assuming is the official repo for youtube.dl script on kodi - last commit was 11 months ago) 
Also regarding downloading youtube-dl https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/index.html 
The solution proposed was to download a tar.gz, unpack it and replace the script.module.youtube-dl folder or something else? 
I've installed the youtube-dl as described in https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/index.html but extendedinfo script still gives the "youtube id" error that was mentioned previously
(2019-05-14, 13:27)Sharan123 Wrote:
(2019-04-25, 21:14)scott967 Wrote:

scott s.

I'm sorry for the dumb question, but where exactly was the commit pushed? Since here https://github.com/ruuk/script.module.youtube.dl (which I am assuming is the official repo for youtube.dl script on kodi - last commit was 11 months ago) 
Also regarding downloading youtube-dl https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/index.html 
The solution proposed was to download a tar.gz, unpack it and replace the script.module.youtube-dl folder or something else? 
I've installed the youtube-dl as described in https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/index.html but extendedinfo script still gives the "youtube id" error that was mentioned previously 

I've just figured it out! 
Goal was to build the youtube_dl from the second link , build it and then replace the built youtube_dl folder with the youtube_dl folder (aka. core) from the /.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/ path 
Now everything works ! As for the quality i think there is a setting in the youtube_dl (a numeric value) that can set the vid quality if im not wrong.
I think youtube-dl default is to get bestvideo and bestaudio but can be changed in the command line.  I don't know what you would have to do to get it in extendedinfo script.  I found doing the mod to use the youtube plugin instead of youtube-dl control gives the best results for me (I set youtube plugin to launch a select dialog for the quality desired).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2019-05-14, 13:54)Sharan123 Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 13:27)Sharan123 Wrote:
(2019-04-25, 21:14)scott967 Wrote: There was a commit on the youtube-dl youtube extractor on 23 Apr.  Try updating youtube-dl core in the youtube-dl control addon from current master on github.  This is assuming you didn't make the patch to use the youtube addon (probably a good idea to update youtube-dl control core anyway).

scott s.

Goal was to build the youtube_dl from the second link , build it and then replace the built youtube_dl folder with the youtube_dl folder (aka. core) from the /.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/ path 
Now everything works ! As for the quality i think there is a setting in the youtube_dl (a numeric value) that can set the vid quality if im not wrong. 
Can you please put ready folder (youtube_dl folder) in zip here? I guess I not so smart to buld it.
(2019-05-18, 20:07)piko Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 13:54)Sharan123 Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 13:27)Sharan123 Wrote: I'm sorry for the dumb question, but where exactly was the commit pushed? Since here https://github.com/ruuk/script.module.youtube.dl (which I am assuming is the official repo for youtube.dl script on kodi - last commit was 11 months ago) 

Can you please put ready folder (youtube_dl folder) in zip here? I guess I not so smart to buld it. 
youtube_dl.zip
Newbie question - is there an easier way to pull up the extended info easily while watching a movie?  From playing around looks like I need to stop the move, right click on title, click information, than click Extended info.  Ideally I'd rather have it just mapped to a button my my harmony remote.
(2019-05-27, 21:45)miketunes Wrote: Newbie question - is there an easier way to pull up the extended info easily while watching a movie?  From playing around looks like I need to stop the move, right click on title, click information, than click Extended info.  Ideally I'd rather have it just mapped to a button my my harmony remote.

Some skins includes a button to open extended info directly from the video osd, I think Aura is one of them.

EDIT: added screenshots of the button
Got it, thanks, is there a way to bind that to a key or remote button?  
(2019-05-30, 01:21)vitorp07 Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 21:45)miketunes Wrote: Newbie question - is there an easier way to pull up the extended info easily while watching a movie?  From playing around looks like I need to stop the move, right click on title, click information, than click Extended info.  Ideally I'd rather have it just mapped to a button my my harmony remote.

Some skins includes a button to open extended info directly from the video osd, I think Aura is one of them.

EDIT: added screenshots of the button
ImageImage 
(2019-05-30, 02:53)miketunes Wrote: Got it, thanks, is there a way to bind that to a key or remote button?

As it stands now afaik there is no way to do that but your question got me thinking.
I got it working with binding a key to launch extended info using the keymap editor addon but to get this working I needed to make some changes to ExtendedInfo Script.
In case you might be interested here's a small video in which I launch extended info from the "9" key.

EDIT:@miketunes   If you're interested, I probably can wrap some scripts into a small addon that would allow you to do this without modifying ExtendedInfo script.
@miketunes 

I've pushed an addon into my GitHub repo that will allow you to bind a key to launch extendedinfo dialog from the video osd.
The addon is very basic for now, if more people get interest in it I will develop it further,
i.e. add settings for pause video on opening infodialog, open episode infodialog instead of the tvshow infodialog and create it's own thread to not hijack this thread with posts about this addon.

EDIT:
I've decided to go ahead and add more functions to this tool since it might be useful for anyone using skins that do not provide a button on the video osd to open extendedinfo dialog.
Here is the latest changes;
- Added settings to pause/unpause video when opening/closing info dialog
- Added setting to open episode info dialog instead of tv show(Kodi version 17 and up)
- Created language file for settings translations
- Add-on is now hosted on it's own repo at https://github.com/vitorp07/videoosd.ext...nfo.dialog, the link below was updated with the new url to include latest changes

Here are the steps to bind a key to launch extendedinfo dialog from the video osd;
  • Download and install the videoosd.extendedinfo.dialog addon from this link
  • Navigate to Program add-ons and launch Keymap Editor
  • In Keymap Editor go to;  Edit-->Fullscreen Video-->Add-ons and select Launch ExtendedInfo Script - Open dialog(video osd)
  • Select Edit key and within 5 seconds choose the key
  • Press Back until you reach the first dialog in Keymap Editor and select Save
(2019-05-31, 02:42)vitorp07 Wrote: @miketunes 

I've pushed an addon into my GitHub repo that will allow you to bind a key to launch extendedinfo dialog from the video osd.
The addon is very basic for now, if more people get interest in it I will develop it further,
i.e. add settings for pause video on opening infodialog, open episode infodialog instead of the tvshow infodialog and create it's own thread to not hijack this thread with posts about this addon.

Here are the steps to bind a key to launch extendedinfo dialog from the video osd;
  • Download and install the videoosd.extendedinfo.dialog addon from this link
  • Navigate to Program add-ons and launch Keymap Editor
  • In Keymap Editor go to;  Edit-->Fullscreen Video-->Add-ons and select Launch ExtendedInfo Script - Open dialog(video osd)
  • Select Edit key and within 5 seconds choose the key
  • Press Back until you reach the first dialog in Keymap Editor and select Save

Great! Thanks so much, I'd certainly be interested in those other features if you purse them.
(2019-05-31, 03:58)miketunes Wrote: Great! Thanks so much, I'd certainly be interested in those other features if you purse them. 
@miketunes 
I've updated my post above with updates about the add-on.
You will probably need to restart Kodi after updating the add-on for the changes to take effect.
(2019-05-18, 21:58)piko Wrote:
(2019-05-18, 20:07)piko Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 13:54)Sharan123 Wrote: I've just figured it out! 
youtube_dl.zip 
Can you pls reup the file? It's no longer available.
Thank you.
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.extendedinfo29