• 149(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
Would you guys recommend the X9 or the Z9S? I have a lot of BD ISO files and I want something with native BD menu support that handles 3D and 4K HDR files.
Better to ask in Zidoo's forum. Believe both handle menus the same, and I recall reading handling working w/most rips, not all.
this thread is running behind?
no updates anymore?
Is zdmc with kodi leia already out?
Post #1 was only one f/w behind; just updated to latest. No ZDMC based on Leia v18 yet; several threads requesting it over at Zidoo forum, but no replies from any Zidoo rep.

I have a Z9S en route, so will do a mini-review on it, hopefully by end of month.
(2019-05-19, 16:39)hdmkv Wrote: Post #1 was only one f/w behind; just updated to latest. No ZDMC based on Leia v18 yet; several threads requesting it over at Zidoo forum, but no replies from any Zidoo rep.

I have a Z9S en route, so will do a mini-review on it, hopefully by end of month.

Maybe you can try this oneSmile
When playing the following format (rmvb,avi,wmv). it does not jump to external player
https://mega.nz/#!aNd3TSqQ!cuQnkDNS06MHN...p8_20D_QqU
Thanks @mirror88. Not seeing a support thread for it at ZDMC forum; so started one Smile.
(2019-05-19, 16:51)mirror88 Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 16:39)hdmkv Wrote: Post #1 was only one f/w behind; just updated to latest. No ZDMC based on Leia v18 yet; several threads requesting it over at Zidoo forum, but no replies from any Zidoo rep.

When playing the following format (rmvb,avi,wmv). it does not jump to external player
They implemented some monitor refresh rate resolution white list option bullshit. ZDMC now only sees 1080p 60 hz, auto frame rate switching does not work any more. this needs a fix ASAP.
(2019-05-19, 17:11)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks @mirror88. Not seeing a support thread for it at ZDMC forum; so started one Smile.

Hello hdmkv,

mirror does not say that it is zdmc 18.2, and the source of the link does not match with the version that was supported by zidoo.

is this a version made by zidoo ?

See you
I know nothing other than what @mirror88 posted above. This is what's frustrating about Zidoo... a lack of clarity, explanation or satisfying replies. For me, ZDMC 18.2 works fine, no different than 17.6.1, with external player enabled. Only positive is that Kodi 18 skins are supported; other than that, it's really just cosmetics as ZDMC is really just useful as a front-end, not actual playback, as it has always been.
(2019-05-24, 02:53)hdmkv Wrote: I know nothing other than what @mirror88 posted above. This is what's frustrating about Zidoo... a lack of clarity, explanation or satisfying replies. For me, ZDMC 18.2 works fine, no different than 17.6.1, with external player enabled. Only positive is that Kodi 18 skins are supported; other than that, it's really just cosmetics as ZDMC is really just useful as a front-end, not actual playback, as it has always been.

but doesn't drive you mad the fact that it does not mark the movie/TV show episode as seen when you use external ?
Nah. Manually marking a movie as 'watched' is quick & easy.
I have an 8 TB external HD, and want to connect it to my Zidoo X9S, so it can be accessed from the network.  Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to do this??  Basically, I want to use it as a samba share.  When I first received it, a long time ago, I connected an external drive via the hard drive port on the side, but I forgot how I set it up.  Guess I am getting too old anymore to tackle something like this again.  I had it connected directly to my Asus router, but there were issues, because the router does NOT support an 8 TB drive.  Right now, I have it connected to one of my microPC's (Tronsmart Ara X5), USB 3 ports, but it only transfers at 12 MBs, max.

Any suggestions?   Thanks.
(2019-05-19, 16:51)mirror88 Wrote:

thanks !
gonna try!

Is there also google home support for zdmc?
(2017-03-08, 03:02)DAlba Wrote: Does this thing support forced subtitles? I have MKV's with PGS english subtitles and forced subtitles (if applicable). Forced subs are flagged as forced and are automatically selected on my other Kodi boxes as well as setting XDMC to use internal player. But it does not select forced subs with using external player. Is there a special way I have to setup?

Thanks in advance

Haven’t kept up in a while. Just wanted to see does external player support forced subtitles yet?
Does netflix work (i have premium account) inside kodi zdmc with zidoo X9S?
Even with hdr and 4k (im using external player)
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8