Only one audio track (out of 2) available in MythTV recording
I have recently recorded a programme that offers 2 audio tracks: Original audio and a commented track for the visually impaired. I can confirm that both tracks are actually present in the recording as I can select between them when playing the ASX stream from Mythweb through VLC.

However, playing the recording back in Kodi, only one stream is available. Selecting "change audio track" only presents one selection "ger" which, unfortunately, is the commented track.

This is MythTV 30.0 running on Ubuntu 18.04. I've experienced the issue in Kodi 18 both on Android (Fire TV stick) and on a Mac. I can look up the exact versions when I'm back at home but I'm pretty sure they aren't identical so it might not matter that much.

Any ideas anybody? Thanks in advance for any assistance!
(2019-05-20, 13:51)dasmanul Wrote: I have recently recorded a programme that offers 2 audio tracks: Original audio and a commented track for the visually impaired. I can confirm that both tracks are actually present in the recording as I can select between them when playing the ASX stream from Mythweb through VLC.

However, playing the recording back in Kodi, only one stream is available. Selecting "change audio track" only presents one selection "ger" which, unfortunately, is the commented track.

This is MythTV 30.0 running on Ubuntu 18.04. I've experienced the issue in Kodi 18 both on Android (Fire TV stick) and on a Mac. I can look up the exact versions when I'm back at home but I'm pretty sure they aren't identical so it might not matter that much.

Any ideas anybody? Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Hi, this is probably not much use, but I do have the ability to pick the language in Kodi, so it should be possible to get working. I'm running MythTV 29 on 16.04 though.

In my case I see languages "eng" and "nar", with "nar" being the commented one. I'm not in front of Kodi right now, but I remember there being options for "hearing/visually impaired" - Might be worth playing with these settings: https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Accessibility
(2019-05-21, 14:29)andyr Wrote: Hi, this is probably not much use, but I do have the ability to pick the language in Kodi, so it should be possible to get working. I'm running MythTV 29 on 16.04 though.

In my case I see languages "eng" and "nar", with "nar" being the commented one. I'm not in front of Kodi right now, but I remember there being options for "hearing/visually impaired" - Might be worth playing with these settings: https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Accessibility
Thank you! I had a look at the accessibility settings but everything seemed alright there (nothing selected). I still get offered only one audio track. Sad

Does anybody else have any thoughts on this? How would I best go about debugging the issue? This renders MythTV pretty much useless for me so any help would really be greatly appreciated.
Update: Still present in 18.3 release but apparently fixed in latest nightlies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only one audio track (out of 2) available in MythTV recording0