What are the best settings for downloading High Quality trailers?
I run the latest 2.x.x version (headless) inside a docker container which scrapes any new downloads once a day via bash script (CLI).

I find that the trailer download is very hit 'n' miss, sometimes it downloads a decent trailer, other times it downloads a partial trailer and doesn't rename it, or it downloads a small (usually 2k) file with some xml data in it and no extension, and finally it just downloads nothing.
Having updated the database it won't redownload a bad or missing trailer on the next scrape, so before I run the CLI script I delete the movie.db so that it can have another chance at downloading the trailer. Often it will find  a trailer that it missed before.

What are the optimum settings to download a high  quality trailer in tmm?

I currently have it set to 1080p and HD-trailers.

Is there any other setting that I need checked (or unchecked) that I may have missed?

Thanks
that completely depends on the trailer source you have chosen. but in short: none of the trailer sources support downloading out of the box;
the worst is youtube which offers not much muxed trailers (audio and video in one stream) - so we have to take what we get; muxing the audio into the video stream is not possible at the moment
apple trailers should be the best at the moment since they are not hiding their video files as good as youtube does..

you may have success with choosing apple as the preferred trailer source (along with hd-trailers.net)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-05-23, 13:24)mlaggner Wrote: that completely depends on the trailer source you have chosen. but in short: none of the trailer sources support downloading out of the box;
the worst is youtube which offers not much muxed trailers (audio and video in one stream) - so we have to take what we get; muxing the audio into the video stream is not possible at the moment
apple trailers should be the best at the moment since they are not hiding their video files as good as youtube does..

you may have success with choosing apple as the preferred trailer source (along with hd-trailers.net)

Thank you, I'll try that :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What are the best settings for downloading High Quality trailers?0