My Kodi setup
Wink 
This is my small setup. I've gathered up components like the Dali speakers over time and finally have a full 5.1.2 Atmos. The back speakers are just 2 small Dali Ikon 2 MKII mounted on my back wall. The latest addition was the television. The newest thing on the image how ever is the new PC that has way more horsepower to hardware upscale my content. 

Over all I'm pretty damn satisfied with it for now.

What do you guys think? Smile 

I'm running the AURA skin btw.

Also, my room is fairly small - I'm getting VERY close to being #1 on the list over people looking for an apartment in the places I'm searching, so I'm currently dreaming of a bigger living room for all of this stuff! Big Grin

/CuraeL
Also, here is my little Lenovo Tablet/PC with Gigabit responsible for dloading what ever I wanna dload and also the Synology NAS equipped with 12TB of WD Red disks plus my little 2 socket UPS that makes sure at least the Synology shuts down gracefully when power is out. Yes, it's situated above my shoes, under my suits, in my entré, since that's the only place I could fit it. LOL.

(2019-05-19, 17:08)curael Wrote: This is my small setup. I've gathered up components like the Dali speakers over time and finally have a full 5.1.2 Atmos. The back speakers are just 2 small Dali Ikon 2 MKII mounted on my back wall. The latest addition was the television. The newest thing on the image how ever is the new PC that has way more horsepower to hardware upscale my content. 

Also, my room is fairly small - I'm getting VERY close to being #1 on the list over people looking for an apartment in the places I'm searching, so I'm currently dreaming of a bigger living room for all of this stuff! Big Grin

/CuraeL

Ace.  Have you considered using the Google Home Mini to control it all?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2019-05-23, 08:51)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 17:08)curael Wrote: This is my small setup. I've gathered up components like the Dali speakers over time and finally have a full 5.1.2 Atmos. The back speakers are just 2 small Dali Ikon 2 MKII mounted on my back wall. The latest addition was the television. The newest thing on the image how ever is the new PC that has way more horsepower to hardware upscale my content. 

/CuraeL

I do. I have a Harmony hub and Harmony Elite remote integrated into my Google Home. Wink The Harmony hub is stuck behind the text of the PC, lol, you can see it a little if you use your imagination. Big Grin But the cradle for the remote is on the far left of the telly too. Wink "Hey Google, turn on the Kodi!" Big Grin

It works GREAT!
(2019-05-23, 16:03)curael Wrote:
(2019-05-23, 08:51)speedwell68 Wrote:

/CuraeL

I do. I have a Harmony hub and Harmony Elite remote integrated into my Google Home. Wink The Harmony hub is stuck behind the text of the PC, lol, you can see it a little if you use your imagination. Big Grin But the cradle for the remote is on the far left of the telly too. Wink "Hey Google, turn on the Kodi!" Big Grin

It works GREAT!

Does the pc wake on lan then? Or is it always on?
(2019-05-24, 14:26)Frankdoc Wrote:
(2019-05-23, 16:03)curael Wrote:
(2019-05-23, 08:51)speedwell68 Wrote: Ace.  Have you considered using the Google Home Mini to control it all?  

It works GREAT!

Does the pc wake on lan then? Or is it always on?

It's always on. It pulls double duty as a Plex server for remote play when I'm not home. Smile WoL has proven too inconsistent depending on how the PC shuts down, so I gave up on that. I did once run a WoL script on my router that would wake it up if someone made a Plex request to the PC, but again.. It would fail from time to time if the PC had power loss or sometimes just from being shut down normally and sometimes while being in sleep mode. :/
Very nice setup, although seeing the size of the screen must mean you have a definition of small that I wasn’t previously made aware of!!

Would love to see closer images of the PC though 😁 also what specs is it?
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2019-05-27, 03:22)tjay260476 Wrote: Very nice setup, although seeing the size of the screen must mean you have a definition of small that I wasn’t previously made aware of!!

Would love to see closer images of the PC though 😁 also what specs is it?

Lol tjay, I mean my room is small for all this stuff - it's the only room I have aside from the kitchen, so picture a desk left side of the camera point and a bed a bit to the right in the corner of the room so it feels a little cramped in here. Big Grin But I love it and the room is fairly good with acoustics too. Thanks for the comment! 😋

Also, the PC is specced with
MSI Mortar Titanium mATX.
16 gigs of fairly trash ram I forget the name of already.
GTX 2080 from MSI, Trio Gaming edition.
Intel i5 9600k.
And 3 m.2 drives loaded with Windows and games and apps of course. The rest is on the NAS.

It's inside one of those new Cooler Master q300 cases. Or 500, I forget too. It's been a few months from I built it.

It has terrible airflow and the RTX card heats the backside of the case up so you could fry an egg on it. But I like to live dangerously. ;D I'll snap you a photo when I get back home later today. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Kodi setup0