Bug Android. Fire Stick 4K. Kodi 18.0 and later. Audio out of sync for all videos.
Version: Kodi 18.0 - 18.2. Fresh install. No add-ons. Played from USB and SMB. Default settings.
Platform: Fire Stick 4K. Fresh install. Minimal apps. Up to date.
TV: Sony 4K. Android TV.

Symptoms:

All videos are out of sync. Audio offset required varies, possibly with resolution. Needs offset: .050-.150 seconds ahead. Affects all codecs.

Other software on the same stick:

MrMC: no sync issues playing the same videos.
Netflix: no sync issues
Youtube: no sync issues.
Amazon Prime: no sync issues.

Other software on the same TV:

Kodi for Android TV: no sync issues playing the same videos.
Sony Video Player: no sync issues playing the same videos.

Other notes:

MrMC switches the screen resolution upon playback. Kodi does not.
Switching the screen resolution manually does not appear to help.
Disabling hardware acceleration does not help.
Enabling passthrough does not help.

Do you need a log: if so what parameters?

Thanks
Try the forceraw build with Adjust Display Refresh Rate disabled and Allow Passthrough enabled.  I found that this setup worked better on the Fire TV Stick 4K with my Denon receiver and Sony TV.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
(2019-05-13, 21:54)88keyz Wrote: Try the forceraw build with Adjust Display Refresh Rate disabled and Allow Passthrough enabled.  I found that this setup worked better on the Fire TV Stick 4K with my Denon receiver and Sony TV.

Thanks, but made no difference.
Hi FireInMyHole,

did you whitelist all the different resolutions and refresh-rates in kodi (Settings / System / Display -> Whitelist ?

Best regards
(2019-05-14, 13:52)FireInMyHole Wrote: Thanks, but made no difference.

Might sound stupid but test whatever build you're using with no other HDMI devices plugged into your TV (or AVR depending on your setup).  I had an issue were there was another HDMI device that was interfering with playback in Kodi (amongst other issues it caused) on my Fire TV Stick 4K but it didn't affect other streaming apps.  Once that device was removed then everything worked like normal including Kodi playback.  If you find that removing other HDMI devices improves the situation then slowing reconnect your other devices 1 at a time and test after each one until you find the device that is the culprit. 

You may find it makes no difference but sometimes you have to look at outside influences.  Could be something a simple as a bad power supply on another device (or the Fire TV Stick itself) causing issues or emitting electronic interference.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
(2019-05-14, 17:41)elulith Wrote: Hi FireInMyHole,

did you whitelist all the different resolutions and refresh-rates in kodi (Settings / System / Display -> Whitelist ?

Best regards

Yep, no luck.
(2019-05-15, 16:47)88keyz Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 13:52)FireInMyHole Wrote: Thanks, but made no difference.

Might sound stupid but test whatever build you're using with no other HDMI devices plugged into your TV (or AVR depending on your setup).  I had an issue were there was another HDMI device that was interfering with playback in Kodi (amongst other issues it caused) on my Fire TV Stick 4K but it didn't affect other streaming apps.  Once that device was removed then everything worked like normal including Kodi playback.  If you find that removing other HDMI devices improves the situation then slowing reconnect your other devices 1 at a time and test after each one until you find the device that is the culprit. 

You may find it makes no difference but sometimes you have to look at outside influences.  Could be something a simple as a bad power supply on another device (or the Fire TV Stick itself) causing issues or emitting electronic interference. 
Tried switching out the hardware - even a new stick. No go. Everything is out by 300 milliseconds now.

I could blame the TV, except MrMC running on the same stick decodes everything in sync in default settings. It's something related to Kodi on the Fire Stick 4K.
I’m seeing the same thing on my Sony xbr55x900f using Kodi on my nvidia shield. MrMC sync and plex sync is fine. Sync is the same whether resolution is whitelisted or not.
(2019-05-19, 06:45)Audiomixer Wrote: I’m seeing the same thing on my Sony xbr55x900f using Kodi on my nvidia shield. MrMC sync and plex sync is fine. Sync is the same whether resolution is whitelisted or not.
That's interesting. I've tried reverting to Kodi 17.6. Made no difference.

I wonder if Sony's TV OS has anything to do with it?

How much are you out of sync?
(2019-05-19, 16:19)FireInMyHole Wrote: I wonder if Sony's TV OS has anything to do with it?
Have you tried the stick on another TV?  Do you get the same result?
(2019-05-19, 17:43)88keyz Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 16:19)FireInMyHole Wrote: I wonder if Sony's TV OS has anything to do with it?
Have you tried the stick on another TV?  Do you get the same result? 
Unfortunately, I'm unable to do that at the moment, but I've tried it with an old Fire TV 1 and that was also out of sync. It does appear to have something to do with the TV but the fact it's in sync with MrMC has got me flummoxed.
I've got the same problem with my firestick 4k (gen3). You'll see that's it a problem for others as well over on the Firestick XDA forums as well.
I can't find the actual posts as it was (if I remember correctly) just a couple of answers within various posts..

Turn off the Dolby setting in sound preferences and it should be fixed.

Not an ideal answer...

*Edit*
It might not have XDA, here's a couple of other links where it's mentioned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireTV/comments...ync_delay/

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/devic...-audio-lag
Same problem for me, but with a .300 seconds delay.
A global
      <refresh>
        <delay>-300</delay>
      </refresh>
in my advancedsettings.xml fixed it.

Now for the strange part:
this happens with a Fire Stick 4k connected to my main Sony TV (KDL-50W805B) that ist connected by HDMI-ARC to a Samsung HW-MS650 Soundbar.
It happened before on the same TV connected to an old Sony Soundbar by optical.
All other programs on the stick (Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime) have no delay with this TV.

I took the Stick and connected it to my old Sony TV (KDL-32W5500) and to my LG TV (LG 22LS5400). No lag on them with Kodi!
Doesn't make sense to me...

All 3 TV's are HD models. I don't have a 4k TV.
(2019-05-24, 15:56)Cruncher4712 Wrote: Same problem for me, but with a .300 seconds delay.
A global
      <refresh>
        <delay>-300</delay>
      </refresh>
in my advancedsettings.xml fixed it.

Now for the strange part:
this happens with a Fire Stick 4k connected to my main Sony TV (KDL-50W805B) that ist connected by HDMI-ARC to a Samsung HW-MS650 Soundbar.
It happened before on the same TV connected to an old Sony Soundbar by optical.
All other programs on the stick (Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime) have no delay with this TV.

I took the Stick and connected it to my old Sony TV (KDL-32W5500) and to my LG TV (LG 22LS5400). No lag on them with Kodi!
Doesn't make sense to me...

All 3 TV's are HD models. I don't have a 4k TV.
Mine is now 300ms as well. Maybe it is a Sony Android TV issue. I manually updated the OS (no idea why it didn't do it automatically months ago), made no difference. Oreo can't be far off, either.

Are you also in the UK?
(2019-05-25, 11:05)FireInMyHole Wrote: Mine is now 300ms as well. Maybe it is a Sony Android TV issue. I manually updated the OS (no idea why it didn't do it automatically months ago), made no difference. Oreo can't be far off, either.

Are you also in the UK?
My Sony KDL-50W805B is the last generation before android TV was introduced. So we can rule that out.
I'm from germany.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android. Fire Stick 4K. Kodi 18.0 and later. Audio out of sync for all videos.3