• 5(current)
Release Subtitles Mangler - A comprehensive subtitle companion
(2019-05-29, 17:29)testphase Wrote: i thank you for your efforts to bring this add-on, I want to try this, but after installation I got a Error Message,and I can not start the add-on.
I am using coreelec 9.0.2 do you have any idea what was wrong?

Hi,
please set addon's logging level to Debug and provide the log file after the error occurs.
RPi4; LibreElec
(2019-05-30, 07:08)bkiziuk Wrote:
(2019-05-29, 17:29)testphase Wrote: i thank you for your efforts to bring this add-on, I want to try this, but after installation I got a Error Message,and I can not start the add-on.
I am using coreelec 9.0.2 do you have any idea what was wrong?

Hi,
please set addon's logging level to Debug and provide the log file after the error occurs. 
hi thanks for your reply and the hints about the kodi log. i managed to download it and see the actual debug info. based on this i just add the log file manuelly, maybe in the feature a check of existence of the log path can be added to a void the issue Smile

thank you again

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.subsmangler/smangler.log'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.subsmangler/service.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib import smangler
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.subsmangler/resources/lib/smangler.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                import common
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.subsmangler/resources/lib/common.py", line 30, in <module>
                                                loghandler = logging.handlers.TimedRotatingFileHandler(os.path.join(__addonworkdir__, 'smangler.log',), when="midnight", interval=1, backupCount=2)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/handlers.py", line 171, in __init__
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/handlers.py", line 64, in __init__
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 920, in __init__
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 950, in _open
                                            IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.subsmangler/smangler.log'
(2019-05-30, 19:05)testphase Wrote: based on this i just add the log file manuelly, maybe in the feature a check of existence of the log path can be added to a void the issue

Many thanks for the log. I will push a new version to official repo today.
This issue appeared during code refactoring - log file had been created before data-dir was set-up.
RPi4; LibreElec
Hi @bkiziuk did u have the chance to work on the subtitles included in the containers
(2019-05-31, 08:39)sasagr Wrote: Hi @bkiziuk did u have the chance to work on the subtitles included in the containers

Hi.
Yes, I tried to approach it. However I met some issues that I don't know how to work-around yet.
The first issue is that the add-on is targeted to be available via official Kodi repo. This implies that no external binaries must be included in the package which then limits use of mkv manipulation tools (mkvinfo, mkvextract) that are not available natively in Kodi.
Second - even if the above was available, it seems that streaming video can not be processed as it is locked by other playback process. So it would probably require to download the entire video, extract subtitles and then initiate playback which is against the idea of streaming.
RPi4; LibreElec
I see. I think that in this case it does not make sense. I don’t know how exactly kodi code works but I thought that maybe kodi was anyway caching the subtitle and put it somewhere temporary that could have been processed by your addon before the playback starts
(2019-05-31, 08:51)bkiziuk Wrote:
(2019-05-31, 08:39)sasagr Wrote: Hi @bkiziuk did u have the chance to work on the subtitles included in the containers

Hi.
Yes, I tried to approach it. However I met some issues that I don't know how to work-around yet.
The first issue is that the add-on is targeted to be available via official Kodi repo. This implies that no external binaries must be included in the package which then limits use of mkv manipulation tools (mkvinfo, mkvextract) that are not available natively in Kodi.
Second - even if the above was available, it seems that streaming video can not be processed as it is locked by other playback process. So it would probably require to download the entire video, extract subtitles and then initiate playback which is against the idea of streaming.

Hey! On my OLED TV, HDR content shows very bright subtitles and the even changing the color to light grey doesn't improve the situation. Could this addon help with reducing the luminosity/ transparency/ brightness of subtitles?
(2020-03-17, 09:15)xinseo Wrote: Could this addon help with reducing the luminosity/ transparency/ brightness of subtitles?

Hi. This - in theory - would be possible if the format is set to SubstationAlpha format.
However, as the new pull requests to the Kodi repo now require addons' compatibility with Python 3, I'm waiting with any further development till the appearance of a working Kodi Beta build with a proper Python 3 support.
RPi4; LibreElec
hi I was using this addon with kodi liea and I have two questions. 1- When I start kodi I get a pop up at the top of the screen with some percentage of operation that the subtitle mangler is doing, how can I hide tat pop up and prevent it from appearing. 2- the addon does not clean the subtitles from advertising. I want to provide a log so I chose to save the log in separate file because kodi log can get too big, but where is mangler saving the logs?
(2021-03-07, 12:42)Jaqo Wrote: 1- When I start kodi I get a pop up at the top of the screen with some percentage of operation that the subtitle mangler is doing, how can I hide tat pop up and prevent it from appearing.
This is probably the process that removes subtitle files from disk if there is no video file accompanying it any more.
If you prefer, you can disable housekeeping in SM settings.
However, if you want it to run without any visible notifications, there's no such function built in. But you can edit the source code to remove pDialog object responsible for showing this notification:

pDialog = xbmcgui.DialogProgressBG()
    pDialog.create('Subtitles Mangler', common.__addonlang__(32090).encode('utf-8'))
        pDialog.update(progress, message=common.__addonlang__(32090).encode('utf-8') + ': ' + source.get('label').encode('utf-8'))
    pDialog.update(85, message=common.__addonlang__(32091).encode('utf-8'))
    pDialog.close()

Quote: 2- the addon does not clean the subtitles from advertising. I want to provide a log so I chose to save the log in separate file because kodi log can get too big, but where is mangler saving the logs?
It should be present in the plugin's data dir.
On my PC (Linux) the location is:
/home/<username>/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.subsmangler/
Of course it can vary a bit depending on the platform.
RPi4; LibreElec
thank you very much. also another 2 questions Big Grin 1- how to exclude folders from scanning ? I have music video source folder and I do not want to scan them for subs when I play them. 2- which websites / tools / subtitle service this addon uses to get the subtitles from? is it only looking for local subtitles or does it look online?
(2021-03-07, 17:50)Jaqo Wrote: thank you very much. also another 2 questions Big Grin 1- how to exclude folders from scanning ? I have music video source folder and I do not want to scan them for subs when I play them. 2- which websites / tools / subtitle service this addon uses to get the subtitles from? is it only looking for local subtitles or does it look online?
It scans only video sources, so no music should be scanned.
If subtitles are not found on the local disk (at the place where video is located), and - in addition - if the video language (this is tricky as this information is often missing from video file) differs from the preferred one set in Kodi settings, the subtitle search dialog should be opened which will use all subtitle services that have been installed.
RPi4; LibreElec
thanks for fast reply Smile a follow up:

1- It is not music what I am talking about it is "music videos", so they are in the videos sources and the mangler scans them. I saw it in the log Big Grin 
2- so if I have subtitle addons, mangler uses those to scan for subtitles? what if I do not have any subtitle addons, do you recommend one?
(2021-03-07, 18:43)Jaqo Wrote:  it is "music videos", so they are in the videos sources and the mangler scans them. I saw it in the log Big Grin 
2- so if I have subtitle addons, mangler uses those to scan for subtitles? what if I do not have any subtitle addons, do you recommend one?

It is not possible to exclude just one folder from scanning. The addon rely on Kodi's sources settings.
There are plenty of Subtitle add-ons available. Most known is, I think, OpenSubtitles, but there are lots of others (some of them focus for example on particular languages).
RPi4; LibreElec
Automatically invokes subtitle search dialog if local subtitles are not detected.
To me it invokes subtitle search dialog (also) if local subtitles are detected. In current case subtitles different languages are included, but none is enabled by default.
Is it expected behavior or bug?
Version is 2.0.0
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles Mangler - A comprehensive subtitle companion1