PVR.WMC not playing channels and recordings on RPI 3 - does on RPI 2
Hello,

Working: 
Source: Win 7 PC with Windows Media Center, DigitalDevices tuners read by software DVBLink (by DVBLogic). Both DVBLink and PVR.WMC's server run on this.
Receiving end: Raspberry Pi 2B with LibreElec, Kodi 17.2 and addon PVR clients PVR.WMC and DVBLink both work for live TV and recorded TV from WMC.

Working:
Same source.
Newly purchased Raspberry Pi 3B with LibreElec 9.01, Kodi 18.1 and PVR client DVBLink/TVMosaic. I can see channels and guide information, and both live TV and recorded TV  play without issues.

Not Working:
Same source.
Newly purchased Raspberry Pi 3B with LibreElec 9.01, Kodi 18.1 and PVR client PVR.WMC. I can see channels and guide information, but can't get anything to play. When I select a channel to play, I see briefly (< 1 second) the time indication in the top right corner change position a little to the left and back again, but nothing plays and the screen stays the same, i.e. when on the channel selection page I see the channels and in the guide the guide and in recorded TV the recorded TV listing.

Any ideas what I could try to get this running?
Most likely its because the new pi is not getting access to the recorded tv folder.  Check the folders tab of serverwmc.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2019-05-30, 17:35)krustyreturns Wrote: Most likely its because the new pi is not getting access to the recorded tv folder.  Check the folders tab of serverwmc.

Thanks, but the old Pi 2B with PVR.WMC is able to play Live TV and Recorded TV fine from the WMCServer, so I assume no issues exist in the folder settings of WMCServer? Or as the WMCServer changed?
Furthermore, even if recorded TV folder could not be reached, should'nt live TV still be able to play (which BTW also does work for the PI2B using the same WMCServer)?
Both live and recorded tv won't work if the folder can't be accessed.  But I see your point about the other pi.  Post the serverwmc log (see debug tab) after trying to place a live tv stream on this pi.
Mmmmm, I checked some of the ServerWMC logs of various days and they are huge. I even could not paste my latest log of a failed attempt to watch live TV from ServerWMC to pastebin as it exceeds the free 0.5 MB limit. Surely something is not right here...

Against the rules of the forum I have therefore copied only a portion of the log (first part of attempt), hoping you can distill something from it anyway.
Please let me know if you need something more.
Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/Tj4iMRCt
You have no credentials entered for accessing the recorded tv folder from non-windows machines.  In most cases these are required - but it can depend on the details of how your network is setup (or so I am told).  I can't explain why your other client is accessing the rec tv folder, but I would at least try adding credentials it to see if it fixes the new one.
(2019-06-01, 18:30)krustyreturns Wrote: You have no credentials entered for accessing the recorded tv folder from non-windows machines.  In most cases these are required - but it can depend on the details of how your network is setup (or so I am told).  I can't explain why your other client is accessing the rec tv folder, but I would at least try adding credentials it to see if it fixes the new one.
After finally casting my disbelief aside, I set a password to my login account and now I stand corrected; it was indeed the lack of a password that was the culprit!
Thank you very much for your help!

PS:I did want to keep my mediacenter in automatic start-up mode, so I used the following advice I found on this forum to have both a password and still keep the automatic login:

1. Click Start, type netplwiz, and then press Enter.
2. In the User Accounts dialog box, click the account you want to automatically log on to. If it is available, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box.
3. Click OK. 
4. In the Automatically Log On dialog box, enter the user’s password twice and click OK. 

PS2: I noticed I can not use  Teletext  in PVR.WMC inside Kodi (Dutch national television stations still broadcast this...). I like to watch the news on teletext in the morning and this is possible with the DVBLogic PVR Addon for Kodi.
Is there any setting I could change to get Teletext to display or is it just not possible.

Thanks again 
Best regards,
Perry
Thanks for following up.  As you guessed, teletext doesn't work currently.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR.WMC not playing channels and recordings on RPI 3 - does on RPI 20