• 2(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
(2019-06-06, 01:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-06, 00:54)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-06, 00:46)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , thank you for your feedback!

I am not sure what is going on with the On Deck widget.  Right now I do not have any integration with PKC, so the skin is not optimized at all for it.  I have this in my To-Do list, but I need to iron out all the bugs/issues with skinshortcuts integration before I move to integration with PKC/Emby for Kodi.

In terms of the vertical menu, the space to the left is there for the submenu options.  I am not really good with the design/animation part of skinning, so this is something that for now I do not plan to change.  

I will look into moving the shelf to the center of the screen for vertical menu.

Regards,

Bart  
Thanks for the reply Bart.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with PKC or if it is the same for normal widgets, I just thought I should give you all the details.

I see what you mean about the sub menu things, although I personally don't use them.

How about just making the font a few sizes larger for the vertical menu list ?

And yes centering the shelves would be good.

Thank you  
@treboR2Robert , I will look into adding an option to choose a larger font size for the vertical menu, as well as disabling the submenus completely and reducing the space to the left of the main menu options.  I just cannot commit to a time right now when these options will be completed.

Regards,

Bart 

OK Bart Thank You, I look forward to trying them out.
(2019-06-06, 01:19)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-06, 01:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-06, 00:54)treboR2Robert Wrote: Thanks for the reply Bart.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with PKC or if it is the same for normal widgets, I just thought I should give you all the details.

I see what you mean about the sub menu things, although I personally don't use them.

How about just making the font a few sizes larger for the vertical menu list ?

And yes centering the shelves would be good.

Thank you  
@treboR2Robert , I will look into adding an option to choose a larger font size for the vertical menu, as well as disabling the submenus completely and reducing the space to the left of the main menu options.  I just cannot commit to a time right now when these options will be completed.

Regards,

Bart  

@treboR2Robert , could you please test the latest from Git and let me know what you think? I added the option to use a larger font size for the vertical menu (Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout: Use Larger Font for Vertical Menu), and I have centered the shelf when using the vertical menu.  The centering is more evident when using double-row shelf or when showing two shelves together; it did not make much sense for single row shelves.

I decided not to change the spacing to the left of the menu options in the vertical menu; I think with the larger font size it looks all right now.  Thank you for your suggestion to do this.  Please let me know if these changes are what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-06, 22:00)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-06, 01:19)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-06, 01:15)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I will look into adding an option to choose a larger font size for the vertical menu, as well as disabling the submenus completely and reducing the space to the left of the main menu options.  I just cannot commit to a time right now when these options will be completed.

Regards,

Bart  

@treboR2Robert , could you please test the latest from Git and let me know what you think? I added the option to use a larger font size for the vertical menu (Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout: Use Larger Font for Vertical Menu), and I have centered the shelf when using the vertical menu.  The centering is more evident when using double-row shelf or when showing two shelves together; it did not make much sense for single row shelves.

I decided not to change the spacing to the left of the menu options in the vertical menu; I think with the larger font size it looks all right now.  Thank you for your suggestion to do this.  Please let me know if these changes are what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Thank you very much Bart, that sounds great I will test it out after the football and get back to you.

Thank you
Hi!
First, thanks for bringing Amber for Kodi 18 and better it with skinshortcuts.
Second, I want to sugest sometings.
I think the position of My Rating is not realy good, because there does not seem to be something clickable. I suggest put in together of play, trailer buttons.
In some Tv show like Black Mirror, which are anthologies, and there's no character fixed, this space be empty.
The solution of Estuary is put the banner. I think this is a good solution
I like the movie headline too, but I don't know where to put it in this page. The same for studio icons, and the episode thumbnails of Tv shows.
The plot be clickable is good too (for movies with huge plot and for who don't like auto scrolling.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
* one solution for showing plot is pressing the up button.
(2019-06-06, 23:11)edjalmo Wrote: Hi!
First, thanks for bringing Amber for Kodi 18 and better it with skinshortcuts.
Second, I want to sugest sometings.
I think the position of My Rating is not realy good, because there does not seem to be something clickable. I suggest put in together of play, trailer buttons.
In some Tv show like Black Mirror, which are anthologies, and there's no character fixed, this space be empty.
The solution of Estuary is put the banner. I think this is a good solution
I like the movie headline too, but I don't know where to put it in this page. The same for studio icons, and the episode thumbnails of Tv shows.
The plot be clickable is good too (for movies with huge plot and for who don't like auto scrolling.

@edjalmo , thanks for your feedback and suggestions.  I will look into what I can implement from your suggestions and the best way to do this without changing the design too much.  I cannot provide a commitment time for doing this, though.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-06, 22:00)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , could you please test the latest from Git and let me know what you think? I added the option to use a larger font size for the vertical menu (Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout: Use Larger Font for Vertical Menu), and I have centered the shelf when using the vertical menu.  The centering is more evident when using double-row shelf or when showing two shelves together; it did not make much sense for single row shelves.

Regards,

Bart 

Hi Bart

The new centred shelves look great !

The larger font is also better but I think it needs more spacing inbetween each category now, they looked bunched up as they are.

If you are going to do something with the "my rating" button like @edjalmo asked ( im not so sure it needs moving myself) could you consider adding a button to mark as watched/unwatched ? I use my tv remote to control kodi through CEC and there isn't a button for context menu. I know i could map one but apart from marking as watched/unwatched i have no need for the context menu.

I have made a short video ( 50 secs ) of the delay i am getting for the "on deck" and "recently added" widgets, compared to aeon nox silvo which is instant. Is there an easy way for me to send this to you ?

Thanks again for getting things done so quickly.

Your skin is classy, and even has the plex colour scheme Smile you should talk with the guy who makes PKC about making it the official skin for PKC maybe.

Cheers Rob
I also like @edjalmo  idea of studio icons.

And yes on the info page for individual episodes maybe swap the season poster for an episode thumbnail.

Sorry to make more work for you lol.
@treboR2Robert
Quote:I use my tv remote to control kodi through CEC and there isn't a button for context menu.
I use this way too. I only can access this option by using the Kore app, pressing this button.
I think adding a button to show all this options is a better way than add just this option, for not pollute the interface (and this button can be enable or not in settings).
...Or think in a way that enable this options using the colors buttons that are present in all remote control.
I think the second option is better because is useful for those use remote control and changes nothing for those don't use.
(2019-06-07, 04:17)edjalmo Wrote: @treboR2Robert
Quote:I use my tv remote to control kodi through CEC and there isn't a button for context menu.
I use this way too. I only can access this option by using the Kore app, pressing this button.
I think adding a button to show all this options is a better way than add just this option, for not pollute the interface (and this button can be enable or not in settings).
...Or think in a way that enable this options using the colors buttons that are present in all remote control.
I think the second option is better because is useful for those use remote control and changes nothing for those don't use.
You can remap your TV colour buttons to whatever you want using an add-on called keymap editor in the Kodi repository.
For the time being I have mapped my red button to the context menu.
(2019-06-07, 01:35)treboR2Robert Wrote:  

How does one use the two lines method like it was in kodi 17. For the TV's and movies I would like to put new show on the top row and the ones in I'm watching on the bottom row.
(2019-06-07, 12:44)timmins Wrote: How does one use the two lines method like it was in kodi 17. For the TV's and movies I would like to put new show on the top row and the ones in I'm watching on the bottom row.

Under "settings", "home menu"

Change "show two shelves together" to yes.

Then when you customize the home menu add 2 widgets to each category.

Simples
(2019-06-07, 04:47)treboR2Robert Wrote: You can remap your TV colour buttons to whatever you want using an add-on called keymap editor in the Kodi repository.
For the time being I have mapped my red button to the context menu.
I didn't know this!
Thanks, I'll use this for sure.
(2019-06-07, 01:25)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-06, 22:00)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , could you please test the latest from Git and let me know what you think? I added the option to use a larger font size for the vertical menu (Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout: Use Larger Font for Vertical Menu), and I have centered the shelf when using the vertical menu.  The centering is more evident when using double-row shelf or when showing two shelves together; it did not make much sense for single row shelves.

Regards,

Bart 

Hi Bart

The new centred shelves look great !

The larger font is also better but I think it needs more spacing inbetween each category now, they looked bunched up as they are.

If you are going to do something with the "my rating" button like @edjalmo asked ( im not so sure it needs moving myself) could you consider adding a button to mark as watched/unwatched ? I use my tv remote to control kodi through CEC and there isn't a button for context menu. I know i could map one but apart from marking as watched/unwatched i have no need for the context menu.

I have made a short video ( 50 secs ) of the delay i am getting for the "on deck" and "recently added" widgets, compared to aeon nox silvo which is instant. Is there an easy way for me to send this to you ?

Thanks again for getting things done so quickly.

Your skin is classy, and even has the plex colour scheme Smile you should talk with the guy who makes PKC about making it the official skin for PKC maybe.

Cheers Rob 
@treboR2Robert , thanks for the additional feedback! You are correct about the spacing with the bigger font, I will look into that.

I will also look into adding a button to toggle the watched status for a video.  I am not sure yet that I will do anything with the "My ratings" info.  As for the other ideas (episode thumb instead of season poster, adding the studio icon), I like them and will look into adding them in the next few days.

The video you can upload to any file sharing site, or post a link to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. if you have one of those.  Thank you for letting me know which other skin you are comparing to, that way I can look at the code and see if there is any optimization for PKC (which I know I don't have any in Amber right now) is being done.

Thanks for your kind words in regards to the skin! Smile I need to add full integration with PKC before even talking with the developer Big Grin

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-07, 15:08)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , thanks for the additional feedback! You are correct about the spacing with the bigger font, I will look into that.

I will also look into adding a button to toggle the watched status for a video.  I am not sure yet that I will do anything with the "My ratings" info.  As for the other ideas (episode thumb instead of season poster, adding the studio icon), I like them and will look into adding them in the next few days.

The video you can upload to any file sharing site, or post a link to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. if you have one of those.  Thank you for letting me know which other skin you are comparing to, that way I can look at the code and see if there is any optimization for PKC (which I know I don't have any in Amber right now) is being done.

Thanks for your kind words in regards to the skin! Smile I need to add full integration with PKC before even talking with the developer Big Grin

Regards,

Bart 

Hi Bart I'm glad you agree about the little cosmetic changes we mentioned, looking forward to seeing those.

I have private messaged you with a link to the video on google drive.

At the start of video it is Aeon Nox Silvo as you can probably tell and then I change to AMBER.

You can clearly see the quite long delay of the on deck widget.

I thought maybe the 5 sec refresh of background fanart could cause it but i slowed this down and it did not make any difference.

Maybe Silvo is caching the widgets and only refreshing them when they are not in use and not every single time they load ?

I don't know I am just guessing really.

Apart from the widget delay, I havn't noticed any other bugs, I'm sure I will bother you more though with other suggestions Big Grin

Anyway I hope the cosmetic mods go well and the on deck delay is not to much of a bother.

Thanks again Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1