• 3(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
Maybe a nice skinnyish orange border around the episode thumb on video OSD ? sometimes it kind of gets lost. see below.... and maybe even for movie posters too ?

And maybe an option to show fanart in libraries instead of the dolphin or the man

Sorry Shy
(2019-06-07, 16:23)treboR2Robert Wrote: Maybe a nice skinnyish orange border around the episode thumb on video OSD ? sometimes it kind of gets lost. see below.... and maybe even for movie posters too ?

And maybe an option to show fanart in libraries instead of the dolphin or the man

Sorry Shy
@treboR2Robert , I am not very good with the design part of skinning, so I'll see what I can do for the first request in your post.  As for the second, this was an oversight on my part.  I did not carry over the option in Amber Settings, Backgrounds to use Fanart for Sub Windows.  Please test the latest from Git, I have restored this option.  Also, I have increased the spacing in the main menu when using bigger font, and repositioned the single row shelf to match this.

Please let me know if these fixes were what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I made an image with studio icon and episode thumbnail for information page. I added too a dividing line for plot and episode info. I'm not a designer too, so I made this with PhotoScape just like a sketch.
Original information page
Suggestion with episode thumbnail, dividing line and studio icons colored
Suggestion with episode thumbnail, dividing line and studio icons white
I think studio icon colored looks better.
I suggest always keeping an option to activate this or not, for those who do not like it!
I noticed too that "my ratings" already exist in position I suggested (like you can see in images). So, again why kept in the movie info section too?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-06-07, 21:36)edjalmo Wrote: I made an image with studio icon and episode thumbnail for information page. I added too a dividing line for plot and episode info. I'm not a designer too, so I made this with PhotoScape just like a sketch.
I noticed too that "my ratings" already exist in position I suggested (like you can see in images). So, again why kept in the movie info section too?
@edjalmo , thank you! I think that the studio icon could certainly go in the place you suggest.  The "My Rating" in the movie info section is to show what rating you gave to the movie/episode.  The button in the row of buttons allows you to set the rating.

I will look into the episode thumb and the best way of integrating it into the info dialog.

Again, thank you for your suggestions.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-07, 21:36)edjalmo Wrote: I made an image with studio icon and episode thumbnail for information page. I added too a dividing line for plot and episode info. I'm not a designer too, so I made this with PhotoScape just like a sketch.
I suggest always keeping an option to activate this or not, for those who do not like it!

@edjalmo , @treboR2Robert , please check out the latest from Git.  I have made the plot clickable in video info, and added the studio logo as well.  I am still looking into adding the episode thumb, because honestly I don't like the way it is shown in Estuary, which is what @edjalmo suggested.  I will not be working on the skin this weekend, so any further changes will be done next week.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-07, 19:00)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I am not very good with the design part of skinning, so I'll see what I can do for the first request in your post.  As for the second, this was an oversight on my part.  I did not carry over the option in Amber Settings, Backgrounds to use Fanart for Sub Windows.  Please test the latest from Git, I have restored this option.  Also, I have increased the spacing in the main menu when using bigger font, and repositioned the single row shelf to match this.

Regards,

Bart 
Hi Bart
The Fanart option works well, thank you Smile

The Spacing looks much better but now the my "static" vertical menu is no longer centred vertically. It is offset to the bottom. see below.

I had a play around with @edjalmo idea for episode thumbs.

It is just a very bodged up mess around but may give you some ideas of your own.

As for you not being very good at the design part, I think you are being hard on yourself. In my opinion amber is one of the cleanest looking skins out there and looks Great !

Did you have a look at the video i sent you showing the lag ?

Anyway thanks again for taking on board our feedback and implementing it so quickly.

If you need anything testing, I'm always up for it.

Cheers

Rob
(2019-06-08, 00:42)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-07, 19:00)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I am not very good with the design part of skinning, so I'll see what I can do for the first request in your post.  As for the second, this was an oversight on my part.  I did not carry over the option in Amber Settings, Backgrounds to use Fanart for Sub Windows.  Please test the latest from Git, I have restored this option.  Also, I have increased the spacing in the main menu when using bigger font, and repositioned the single row shelf to match this.

Regards,

Bart 
Hi Bart
The Fanart option works well, thank you Smile

The Spacing looks much better but now the my "static" vertical menu is no longer centred vertically. It is offset to the bottom. see below.

I had a play around with @edjalmo idea for episode thumbs.

It is just a very bodged up mess around but may give you some ideas of your own.

As for you not being very good at the design part, I think you are being hard on yourself. In my opinion amber is one of the cleanest looking skins out there and looks Great !

Did you have a look at the video i sent you showing the lag ?

Anyway thanks again for taking on board our feedback and implementing it so quickly.

If you need anything testing, I'm always up for it.

Cheers

Rob  
Thank you Rob! I cannot claim anything in terms of the design of Amber, since I did not create the skin, @pecinko  did. 

My bad on the static vertical menu! I keep forgetting that it exists, since I never use it.  I will fix that next week.  In the meantime, would you be willing to use the non-static vertical menu? That version is centered correctly.

I have not been able to look into the On Deck issue yet, but I did see the video and it is quite clear.  Thanks for sending it.

Thanks for providing the mockup for the video info dialog.  I need to think about some of the ideas a little more.  The ratings for example (tmdb, rottentomato, imdb, etc.) , unless you have them scraped well, would need to come from an addon like skin helper service, which could make the skin slower.  I am not saying I will not implement them, I just need to study it more.

Thank you for your disposition for testing, it is appreciated.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 

The studio logo looks good Smile

I'm not so sure about the new grey background for the show description though, it kind of looks out of place. Although i can see why you done it ( to try and show that it is now clickable right ? )
It also now looks slightly out of line Confused  lol sorry.

The non static menu doesn't really work for me with only 7 items in it. It just moves up and down the page rather than revolving as i guess it does if you have more items in the menu.
I do like the revolving action if it fills the page ( like in the aeon nox silvo skin in the video i sent you) i think he just has bigger spacing. On Rasplex it used to just repeat items.

I don't envy you trying to figure out where to put that tv show thumbnail, it is difficult to find a place that looks good. I actually tried adding the tv show banner along with the video thumb but couldn't squeeze it in.

I didn't realise you didn't create the skin. @pecinko certainly done a nice job with the design.

As for the tvdb and imdb rating logos, all of my stuff is scraped perfectly so i will be fine haha.
But yes i know what you mean about adding more dependencies, ideally i suppose you want to keep the skin as clean and quick as possible, i can't imagine it will be easy to implement either.

Anyway you have been working on this way to much, go enjoy your weekend  Music

Talk later
Thanks
Rob
(2019-06-08, 00:32)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , @treboR2Robert , please check out the latest from Git.  I have made the plot clickable in video info, and added the studio logo as well.  I am still looking into adding the episode thumb, because honestly I don't like the way it is shown in Estuary, which is what @edjalmo suggested.  I will not be working on the skin this weekend, so any further changes will be done next week.  Thanks.
I tested!
The plot clickable was good! The divisor line too! Thank you! I just think that white background on it don't looks pretty. I suggest kept background like it was.
The studio icon don't appeared here. It just show a clapperboard. I miss something? I found it! I have to go to Advanced > Customise Icons and install an add-on to change icons. I think is better add this as a dependence, since exist a clapperboard icon in this place.
I liked the @treboR2Robert idea for video info. But maybe it has changed a lot in relation to the movie info page, but I kinda like... I can not decide hahaha! But show your idea too, without hurry Smile
(2019-06-08, 00:54)bsoriano Wrote: The ratings for example (tmdb, rottentomato, imdb, etc.) , unless you have them scraped well, would need to come from an addon like skin helper service, which could make the skin slower.
I use Kodi on a RPi 3b. I already test it another skins and it aways get the thermometer icon showing because they use more resource. This dosen't happend with Amber. If you add this in the future please make an option to enable or not.
(2019-06-08, 01:27)edjalmo Wrote: I use Kodi on a RPi 3b. I already test it another skins and it aways get the thermometer icon showing because they use more resource. This dosen't happend with Amber. If you add this in the future please make an option to enable or not.

Try adding a nice heatsink with thermal paste and supergluing the corners of it to the board.
Then connect a 5v noctua fan to the 3.3v GPIO pins, it will run nice and quiet and ice cold.

This is my pi 3 I use for retropie.

I use an tanix tx92 with a s912 ATM running CoreELEC for Kodi as it plays 4k HDR10.
Considering upgrading to a odroid n2 though soon which has the new s922.
(2019-06-07, 13:34)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-07, 12:44)timmins Wrote: How does one use the two lines method like it was in kodi 17. For the TV's and movies I would like to put new show on the top row and the ones in I'm watching on the bottom row.

Under "settings", "home menu"

Change "show two shelves together" to yes.

Then when you customize the home menu add 2 widgets to each category.

Simples 
Thanks, I hadn't notice that there was two selections, two shelves and show two shelves together.

Question: Is there a way of wrapping a line that too long to show in one row to next row. I find this with my video addons that are too many to show in one row.
Is there a way of saving a configuration file so it can be used on another TV box. I find it really takes allot of time reconfigure another TV box with the same features. Just remembering how I got what I have can be taxing.

Thanks for your work, it really means allot.
Suggestions for plot view. Blur or dims the background and put large letter, if possible in a responsive way, you know ... like sites made for mobile and desktop... if plot is too big, then the letter has a smaller size.
Maybe changing just the background style, without change letter size, will get better too.
I found what I think is a small bug. When I change the view type of a season or episodes they don't change for the others Tv shows. I have to change at least two tv shows to change all. I think this happens with version without skinshortcuts too.
I also can't find next episode widget for add.
Thanks and good weekend!
(2019-06-08, 20:48)edjalmo Wrote: Suggestions for plot view. Blur or dims the background and put large letter, if possible in a responsive way, you know ... like sites made for mobile and desktop... if plot is too big, then the letter has a smaller size.
Maybe changing just the background style, without change letter size, will get better too.
I found what I think is a small bug. When I change the view type of a season or episodes they don't change for the others Tv shows. I have to change at least two tv shows to change all. I think this happens with version without skinshortcuts too.
I also can't find next episode widget for add.
Thanks and good weekend!
@edjalmo , thanks for your feedback.  Just so I am clear, what you are looking for is for the plot to be more readable (like, from a distance) when the dialog is shown? Please let me know.

I will look into changing the view type for a season or episodes, I had not noticed that issue before.

To add the Next Episodes shelf, when configuring a widget, go to Additional Widgets, Skin Helper Service Widgets, Episodes, Next Episodes.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-08, 19:14)timmins Wrote: Is there a way of saving a configuration file so it can be used on another TV box. I find it really takes allot of time reconfigure another TV box with the same features. Just remembering how I got what I have can be taxing.

Thanks for your work, it really means allot.

@timmins , not yet there is not.  I will implement saving the configuration via skin helper backup. I will add this to my to-do list.

Regards,

Bart
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1