Duped?
Sad 
Does anyone know anything about Clippedco.com?  Ordered and paid for a Fire Stick with Kodi downloaded and the receipt was emailed to me from this company.  I have had the payment confirmed by Stripe.  This company is a hairdressing company (!) and is not replying to emails or phone calls.
Never heard of them, and cannot see what they have to do with Kodi. Where do you buy a firestick on that site?? I cannot see any links for tech there.

In answer to your thread title... Yes.

We (kodi) do not sell hardware. Kodi is free and can run on a multitude of device platforms.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-05, 12:37)jackybushell Wrote: Clippedco.com
When I need hair extensions, I'll be sure to avoid them, thanks for the tip.
I think we've been duped by you to go to Clippedco.com.
Luckily, I am bald Wink
Rainbow 
(2019-06-05, 12:37)jackybushell Wrote: [font][font]Est-ce que quelqu'un sait quelque chose sur Clippedco.com? [/font][font]Commandé et payé pour un bâton de feu avec Kodi téléchargé et le reçu m'a été envoyé par courrier électronique de cette société. [/font][font]Le paiement a été confirmé par Stripe. [/font][font]Cette entreprise est une entreprise de coiffure (!) Et ne répond pas aux courriels ni aux appels téléphoniques.[/font][/font]
[font][font]désoler, je n'ai pas de réponse à cette question. [/font][/font]
[font][font]Je profite, grâce à un soutien de Kodi d'exposer mon problème: [/font][/font]
[font][font]Part inadvertance, j'ai décocher la fonction souri !!!!!!!!! [/font][/font]
[font][font]Et donc maintenant il n'est pas possible de naviguer dans l'application. [/font][/font]
[font][font]Toutes les références de Kodi sur mon PC et de leur réapparition, mais ce petit malin est reconnu et mon ordinateur est identique à celui-ci. [/font][font]OUI, je sais, il Faut Être pur Un peu stupides décocher CECI, et Mais le je étais décochement fatiguer Étais verser deux Choses et j'ai fais Une bêtise.[/font][/font]
[font][font]désolé, je n'ai pas de réponse à cette question. [/font][/font]
[font][font]J'en profite, grâce à un lien du support de Kodi pour exposer mon problème: [/font][/font]
[font][font]Par inadvertance, je décoche la fonction sourire !!!!!!!!! [/font][/font]
[font][font]Et maintenant, il m'est impossible de naviguer dans l'application. [/font][/font]
[font][font]J'ai essayé d'annuler toutes les références Kodi sur mon PC et de les télécharger, mais ce type intelligent reconnaît mon ordinateur et ouvre exactement la même application, avec le même problème. [/font][font]Oui, je sais, vous devez être un peu stupide de décocher, mais j'étais fatigué et la décocher était pour deux choses et je faisais quelque chose de [/font][font]stupide.[/font][/font]
@glcastorpolux

1) This is an English-only forum
2) Take another look at your own post, and see why you do not want to copy/paste word-processed text directly into the Kodi forum editor.
(2019-06-05, 12:52)Karellen Wrote: Never heard of them, and cannot see what they have to do with Kodi. Where do you buy a firestick on that site?? I cannot see any links for tech there.

In answer to your thread title... Yes.

We (kodi) do not sell hardware. Kodi is free and can run on a multitude of device platforms.
I was emailed a receipt with an email address to contact with queries.  The email address takes you to the Clippedco.com website.  On the website, when you click on 'Refunds and Exchanges' it comes up with a Kodi.tv email address.

Thank you for all your sarcastic replies.  No help at all.  All I was asking was if anyone had come across this issue before.
(2019-06-11, 09:28)jackybushell Wrote: Thank you for all your sarcastic replies.  No help at all. 
You're welcome. Contrary to popular belief, we are not a bunch of people that will refund scammed buyers of so-called Kodi hardware.
You had a misadventure is in a dodgy internet purchase of some electronic device. You weren't the first, you will not be the last.

(2019-06-11, 09:28)jackybushell Wrote: All I was asking was if anyone had come across this issue before.
Not with the company you mentioned. But you didn't think it was strange when some company gave an entirely different website address when it comes to "Refunds and Exchanges"? All we ask is a bit of common sense.
(2019-06-11, 09:40)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-06-11, 09:28)jackybushell Wrote:
Thank you for all your sarcastic replies.  No help at all. 
You're welcome. Contrary to popular belief, we are not a bunch of people that will refund scammed buyers of so-called Kodi hardware.
You had a misadventure is in a dodgy internet purchase of some electronic device. You weren't the first, you will not be the last.
(2019-06-11, 09:28)jackybushell Wrote: All I was asking was if anyone had come across this issue before.
Not with the company you mentioned. But you didn't think it was strange when some company gave an entirely different website address when it comes to "Refunds and Exchanges"? All we ask is a bit of common sense. 

Okay, please can we start again.  I don't understand what is going on here.  Can I please just explain.

I looked for the latest generation Firestick on Google to see how much they were.  On Amazon they were £49.99 but there was one being advertised for £29.99 and it showed Kodi.tv as the seller.  Obviously a bargain so I ordered it then and there on what I assumed was the Kodi.tv website.  It looked like the Kodi website and because I know Kodi can be downloaded onto a Firestick thought it perfectly feasible that Kodi.tv would be selling a batch of Firesticks at a good price.  I received a receipt by email which I thought was a bit bizarre because it had no company name on it but as I didn't know the Kodi.tv site that well I didn't know what it should look like.  The alarm bells were starting to ring though.

After a week I emailed the email address given on the receipt to ask when I could expect the Firestick and got not reply.  The email address given related to this Clippedco company.  When I didn't get a reply I rang them but a message said my call couldn't be taken.  There's a surprise!  I then looked into this Clippedco company and found it was a hairdressing site but with no address or telephone numbers on it.  The only thing on this site, apart from a contact form, is an email address that comes up as kodi.tv.  Another connection.

I am not asking Kodi.tv to refund my money, I'm not asking anyone how stupid I've been, I've obviously been had but I'm asking if anyone else has had the same experience?  It might be helpful for everyone to know this issue in case it causes anyone any losses?  Is it wrong of me to flag it up?  I'm really confused as to why I've got this reaction?  If I've done something really stupid that has upset everyone then I'm really sorry but I thought forums were to talk, to share, to discuss?

I just wondered if anyone would say that they knew of this scam or "hairdressing" company and what had happened as a result, etc.
@jackybushell

Thank you for trying to make others aware of your experience and this hairdressing site. I feel terrible that you have ended up in the situation you are in now with this Firestick. We try make people aware of the unscrupulous sellers out there that profiteer off a volunteer organisation. We do this with our posts and blogs on major social media sites, and bans from our sites for various hardware and their installations, and our continual efforts to have these sellers and sites delisted.

I think the sarcasm (if any) stems from the lack of information in your first post. We are sitting here wondering how you could go to clippedco.com and order a firestick... because you gave no details of how and where you did order the Firestick, so it is logical to leap to the conclusion you ordered from there. But it is something I am still a bit confused about, where did you order the firestick from?

You state that you ordered from the Kodi.tv site, or something that looks like the Kodi.tv site, but you have not given the actual site that you ordered from. You just mention a google search. We are the https://kodi.tv/ site, and it certainly is not us, because we do not sell hardware, so you have ordered from another site. We would like to know which site, so we can at least see if we are able take any action against them to prevent other users falling victim.

I have been through every link on that hairdressing site, and I cannot find a single mention of Kodi, nor can I find any email link to Kodi.tv. So while I feel your frustration, and feel terrible you were conned, I just cannot follow your steps to any of these links to see how, where and why you ended up in this situation.

Maybe a copy of the receipt may help? But if it only points to the hairdressing site, then it won't be of any help.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
If you saw this on amazon, did you also order via amazon? If yes, please refer to amazon to have them take care of those scammers.
Next time before buying anything online then do your research first, a search of the site name would have led you to https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/koditv.global or https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/kodi.tv
Now we have the full story without links ( Amazon security is your best bet and perhaps something can be done). The title of this thread is 'Duped', and in that a lot of us have seen this far too often and we concurred. My retort could be construed to be flippant or sarcastic, but was meant to just merely acknowledge the dangers in online purchases. Amazon as the source should offer some compensation unless it was a spoofed web page.
These companies rely on duping people by having sites named very similar to the the official domain name as used in our addresses, official site is https://kodi.tv note it's Kodi dot tv and not koditv as one word.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duped?0