• 5(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
(2019-06-11, 03:13)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , I looked at the Estuary code.  Please take a look at the latest from Git.  Please let me know if this what you were looking for.  Also, I added the episode thumb and tv show banner instead of the tv show poster in the video info dialog for episodes.  I also started working on the ratings.  it is not finished and does not look polished yet, but you can see my idea for it.  let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Exactly! Plot view is nice now! Thanks Smile
I got your idea!
About episode info: I think you have to add something more, because is much space to little things. I have an idea that mix your and @treboR2Robert ideas, but my PC broke (I'm trying to solve) and I can't make a image to show you. But is basically @treboR2Robert but in the place where he put more play buttons (because episode info don't have more buttons) put video specs info, and in where he put video specs info I put TV show banner. But I see a problem when episode don't have
a big cast.
This sounds good in my head, but I don't know if implemented will be so good! What you think?
Again thank you very much for work! You're great!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-06-11, 16:13)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-11, 03:13)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , I looked at the Estuary code.  Please take a look at the latest from Git.  Please let me know if this what you were looking for.  Also, I added the episode thumb and tv show banner instead of the tv show poster in the video info dialog for episodes.  I also started working on the ratings.  it is not finished and does not look polished yet, but you can see my idea for it.  let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Exactly! Plot view is nice now! Thanks Smile
I got your idea!
About episode info: I think you have to add something more, because is much space to little things. I have an idea that mix your and @treboR2Robert ideas, but my PC broke (I'm trying to solve) and I can't make a image to show you. But is basically @treboR2Robert but in the place where he put more play buttons (because episode info don't have more buttons) put video specs info, and in where he put video specs info I put TV show banner. But I see a problem when episode don't have
a big cast.
This sounds good in my head, but I don't know if implemented will be so good! What you think?
Again thank you very much for work! You're great! 
@edjalmo, thanks! I agree that there is a lot of space, but I really don't want to change the design too much, and @treboR2Robert 's idea would mean a lot of changes, just for episodes.  If you guys can come up with an idea that does not change the location of the buttons, cast and plot I am open to implementing it.  Again, thank you for your suggestions/requests Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-11, 15:38)MKornby Wrote: I am very happy that you have revived Amber. And I like the shinshortcut version a lot. I am using the vertical menu and it is great that I can customize the top menu as I please. Up to Jarvis I had modified Amber to show only the menu items that I wanted, and now it can all be done without a hack. Wonderful!
I have a request. I use the List view. It shows 9 items on the screen and there is a lot of space between the lines. Is it possible to show more items, perhaps 12 or more, by reducing the line spacing and/or reducing the font size? I made this change on my hacked Amber and it was easier to get an overview of the available media when you can see more items at the same time.
@MKornby , please check the latest from Git.  There is a new option in Amber Settings, General: Show More items in List Views.  Set that to Yes.  This will use a smaller font and reduced item height in list views (List and Low List), which will show 12 items at a time.  To make it so that it shows more than that would require a redesign, which I am not too keen on doing.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
This is exactly what I was looking for. Amber is really a great skin. Thanks!

Michael
(2019-06-11, 19:00)MKornby Wrote: This is exactly what I was looking for. Amber is really a great skin. Thanks!

Michael
@MKornby , thanks for letting me know.  I am glad you're finding it useful.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-11, 16:40)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, thanks! I agree that there is a lot of space, but I really don't want to change the design too much, and @treboR2Robert 's idea would mean a lot of changes, just for episodes.  If you guys can come up with an idea that does not change the location of the buttons, cast and plot I am open to implementing it.  Again, thank you for your suggestions/requests Smile

Regards,

Bart
I agree! It's difficult because the skin was make thinking in poster and not in thumbnail. If I have an idea I'll share.
(2019-06-11, 18:35)bsoriano Wrote: There is a new option in Amber Settings, General: Show More items in List Views.  Set that to Yes.  This will use a smaller font and reduced item height in list views (List and Low List), which will show 12 items at a time.
Without complaining, but this list style is not better than reduce the font size?
This are from Amber preview images. I think you can make an adaptation in list view to look (not exactly) like this. Or maybe creat a new list view, if you guys like it (cc @MKornby ).

What you think make info (original title, director, rated) as a carousel? If I press up in "original title" I will for "path", got it?
When IMDb (new rating style) have much votes (in a movie like The Lord of the Rings) we can't see all the text (sometimes they scroll, but I think have space to show complete). Also the logo don't have a good definition. I know that you're working on it, just sharing.

Another "bug" I found: when I press trailer button it come back to movies view. It should not continue in movie info view?

I hope I'm not bothering you too much.
(2019-06-11, 03:18)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I still have not looked at the lag issue (probably will take me longer). Please take a look at the latest from Git, I added the episode thumbnail and tv show banner to the video info dialog for episodes, and I started working on the ratings.  It is still a work in progress, but you can see where I am heading with that.  You need to have the different rating types scraped, since I am displaying what is in the Kodi database, not anything from an addon like skin helper service.  I want to keep the skin as light as possible.  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Hi Bart,

The episode thumb and banner look good, as @edjalmo said though it does look slightly empty.
I thought maybe you could have the series name written above the episode thumb ?

I have also noticed that different series have different numbering. for example 24 uses just the episode number. band of brothers uses 1x01 and a few other use different again.
In aeon nox silvo he leaves this off of the episode info page completely and just has the name of the episode.
I was wondering is there was a way that you could make every series display the format S01E01 ?

The Plot is still very slightly out of line with the buttons and actor images. I have marked this with a red line in the pics below.

Maybe extend some of the white lines ?

As for the rating I am not getting anything come up at all ? It used to be written on the right side before.

It keeps getting better and better everyday though.
You are doing an excellent job.
Thanks again
Rob

p.s.... The only ratings I have are imdb, i don't use rotten tomatoes or anything else.
(2019-06-11, 23:03)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-11, 16:40)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, thanks! I agree that there is a lot of space, but I really don't want to change the design too much, and @treboR2Robert 's idea would mean a lot of changes, just for episodes.  If you guys can come up with an idea that does not change the location of the buttons, cast and plot I am open to implementing it.  Again, thank you for your suggestions/requests Smile

Regards,

Bart
I agree! It's difficult because the skin was make thinking in poster and not in thumbnail. If I have an idea I'll share.
(2019-06-11, 18:35)bsoriano Wrote: There is a new option in Amber Settings, General: Show More items in List Views.  Set that to Yes.  This will use a smaller font and reduced item height in list views (List and Low List), which will show 12 items at a time.
Without complaining, but this list style is not better than reduce the font size?
This are from Amber preview images. I think you can make an adaptation in list view to look (not exactly) like this. Or maybe creat a new list view, if you guys like it (cc @MKornby ).

What you think make info (original title, director, rated) as a carousel? If I press up in "original title" I will for "path", got it?
When IMDb (new rating style) have much votes (in a movie like The Lord of the Rings) we can't see all the text (sometimes they scroll, but I think have space to show complete). Also the logo don't have a good definition. I know that you're working on it, just sharing.

Another "bug" I found: when I press trailer button it come back to movies view. It should not continue in movie info view?

I hope I'm not bothering you too much. 
@edjalmo, thanks again for your feedback! Yes, the image you show is for the way the view Big List used to be in the skin in Jarvis.  When I started to work on the skin, the code had already changed to what it is now.  I agree with you that it is a better list view for more items.  I will look at the old code and see if I can create a view similar to that one.  It might take a while.

I don't quite get what you mean about carousel? Sorry about that.

Could you please send me a screenshot of the ratings with the text scrolling or being cut off? I tested with movies with more than 1 million votes and it did not get cut off.  Also, which of the rating logos is not good resolution? With few exceptions, I am using the official logos from the rating sites.

As for the trailer button, that is a Kodi function, so I don't control what happens once it is clicked.  

You are not bothering me at all, this is what makes this community great, people sharing ideas and pointing out issues.  Thanks again.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-11, 23:48)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-11, 03:18)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I still have not looked at the lag issue (probably will take me longer). Please take a look at the latest from Git, I added the episode thumbnail and tv show banner to the video info dialog for episodes, and I started working on the ratings.  It is still a work in progress, but you can see where I am heading with that.  You need to have the different rating types scraped, since I am displaying what is in the Kodi database, not anything from an addon like skin helper service.  I want to keep the skin as light as possible.  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Hi Bart,

The episode thumb and banner look good, as @edjalmo said though it does look slightly empty.
I thought maybe you could have the series name written above the episode thumb ?

I have also noticed that different series have different numbering. for example 24 uses just the episode number. band of brothers uses 1x01 and a few other use different again.
In aeon nox silvo he leaves this off of the episode info page completely and just has the name of the episode.
I was wondering is there was a way that you could make every series display the format S01E01 ?

The Plot is still very slightly out of line with the buttons and actor images. I have marked this with a red line in the pics below.

Maybe extend some of the white lines ?

As for the rating I am not getting anything come up at all ? It used to be written on the right side before.

ImageImageImage

It keeps getting better and better everyday though.
You are doing an excellent job.
Thanks again
Rob

p.s.... The only ratings I have are imdb, i don't use rotten tomatoes or anything else. 

@treboR2Robert , thanks for you feedback! Now I can see clearly what you meant by the plot not being totally aligned.  I will look into that tomorrow, that is certainly fixable.

I like the idea of having the tv show name above the episode thumb, I can certainly do that.  Also, I can change the title of the episode as you suggest; I will get to that tomorrow as well.

The ratings should show up if they are stored in the Kodi db.  I am showing IMDb, IMDb Top 250, Rotten Tomatoes (Critics and Audience), Metacritic, TMDB (The Movie DB) and TVDB (The TV DB).

I did remove the "My Rating" and "Rating" from the right side, since the same info would be shown at the top.  I will re-add the rating on the right side tomorrow.  I will post here when I do it, so you can test and let me know if there is a rating being shown for your videos or not.

Again, thank you for your feedback and kind words.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart.

Could we maybe add the age rating logos too ?
Maybe up near the studio logo ?

With the IMDb, tmdb etc . Raings logos will there be an option to show each particular 1 ?
Because as I said my library only contains IMDb ratings and I wouldn't want to see blank ratings for tmdb, rotten tomatoes, metacritic etc..

Cheers
Rob
(2019-06-12, 01:23)bsoriano Wrote: I don't quite get what you mean about carousel? Sorry about that.
It's because I don't know very much English. I think infinite scrolling is a better word for this.
(2019-06-12, 01:23)bsoriano Wrote: Could you please send me a screenshot of the ratings with the text scrolling or being cut off? I tested with movies with more than 1 million votes and it did not get cut off.  Also, which of the rating logos is not good resolution? With few exceptions, I am using the official logos from the rating sites.
Check the image. Also is only the ")" that is not showing. Look at IMDb logos, more for letter, it's like the letter was serifed, but they aren't. In top 250 the letter "I" amendment in "M". The same for the other logos. I think is because you use a image with a high definition and when resize to small this happens.
The red circle is what I talked before. Can you remove if user don't use studio logos? I'm using, I'm talking for those those install for the first time.
(2019-06-12, 01:23)bsoriano Wrote: As for the trailer button, that is a Kodi function, so I don't control what happens once it is clicked.  
Got it! I didn't know that!
(2019-06-12, 01:30)bsoriano Wrote: I like the idea of having the tv show name above the episode thumb, I can certainly do that.  Also, I can change the title of the episode as you suggest; I will get to that tomorrow as well.
I think put the banner in that place be better. Banner in top, thumbnail in center and specs in bottom.
I think is better you add an option to users select episode format (S01E01, 1x01, none...).
(2019-06-12, 01:30)bsoriano Wrote: I did remove the "My Rating" and "Rating" from the right side, since the same info would be shown at the top. I will re-add the rating on the right side tomorrow.
I think is better just on new position. Like you said it this is shown at the top. But it will be weird for those who are not getting the ratings... if somehow skin could know that to make a decision... Maybe a option to show ratings or not... I don't know.

@treboR2Robert for get rating use Universal Movie Scraper for movies and TVDB for TV shows. You need a API Key for Universal Movie Scraper that you can get here.
Love the skin and it's clean look.

Any chance of including a "tall list" view that filled the screen top to bottom displaying more items?

thanks for considering this.
(2019-06-12, 04:27)jusjoken Wrote: Love the skin and it's clean look.

Any chance of including a "tall list" view that filled the screen top to bottom displaying more items?

thanks for considering this.
@jusjoken , thank you for your feedback.  I will be looking at including this in the next few days.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-12, 02:42)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 01:23)bsoriano Wrote: I don't quite get what you mean about carousel? Sorry about that.
It's because I don't know very much English. I think infinite scrolling is a better word for this.
(2019-06-12, 01:23)bsoriano Wrote: Could you please send me a screenshot of the ratings with the text scrolling or being cut off? I tested with movies with more than 1 million votes and it did not get cut off.  Also, which of the rating logos is not good resolution? With few exceptions, I am using the official logos from the rating sites.
Check the image. Also is only the ")" that is not showing. Look at IMDb logos, more for letter, it's like the letter was serifed, but they aren't. In top 250 the letter "I" amendment in "M". The same for the other logos. I think is because you use a image with a high definition and when resize to small this happens.
The red circle is what I talked before. Can you remove if user don't use studio logos? I'm using, I'm talking for those those install for the first time.
(2019-06-12, 01:23)bsoriano Wrote: As for the trailer button, that is a Kodi function, so I don't control what happens once it is clicked.  
Got it! I didn't know that!
(2019-06-12, 01:30)bsoriano Wrote: I like the idea of having the tv show name above the episode thumb, I can certainly do that.  Also, I can change the title of the episode as you suggest; I will get to that tomorrow as well.
I think put the banner in that place be better. Banner in top, thumbnail in center and specs in bottom.
I think is better you add an option to users select episode format (S01E01, 1x01, none...).
(2019-06-12, 01:30)bsoriano Wrote: I did remove the "My Rating" and "Rating" from the right side, since the same info would be shown at the top. I will re-add the rating on the right side tomorrow.
I think is better just on new position. Like you said it this is shown at the top. But it will be weird for those who are not getting the ratings... if somehow skin could know that to make a decision... Maybe a option to show ratings or not... I don't know.

@treboR2Robert for get rating use Universal Movie Scraper for movies and TVDB for TV shows. You need a API Key for Universal Movie Scraper that you can get here
@edjalmo , thanks again.  I see what you mean about text being cut off, I will fix that.  I will see what I can do to improve how the logos look; you are correct that I am using high resolution images that I am then displaying at a smaller size.  I need to see how to not show the studio logo if there is no equivalent one in the resource image addon for studios.

As for the episode info, I do think it makes more sense to have the banner on top and have that serve as the tv show title.  I will have it so that if there is no banner, then the title is shown on top and the thumb is shown in the middle and not further down the screen. 

In terms of the title, I will not have different season/episode formats.  What I will do is provide the option to just show the episode title (this will be the default), or also show the season/episode numbers as part of the title.  This will only be in the format SxxExx.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-12, 02:30)treboR2Robert Wrote: Thanks Bart.

Could we maybe add the age rating logos too ?
Maybe up near the studio logo ?
ImageImage

With the IMDb, tmdb etc . Raings logos will there be an option to show each particular 1 ?
Because as I said my library only contains IMDb ratings and I wouldn't want to see blank ratings for tmdb, rotten tomatoes, metacritic etc..

Cheers
Rob

@treboR2Robert , thanks again.  I was thinking about adding the certification logos.  I think I will place them with the ratings; I need to see how it looks.

With the ratings, the only ratings shown are those that you have, so there is no need to have options to show each type.  

Regards,

Bart
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1