LibreElec/Kodi installed with Berryboot won't update
Just downloaded the latest Berryboot file and installed OpenElec 8.X and Raspbian on an SD-Card. Everything works fine, but updating to OpenElec 9.X cannot be achieved by whatsoever I am doing. Manual or auto update does not make a difference. Searching for new updates gives no reasonable reaction. No update channel offered. Rebooting, waiting for autoupdate no success. Autoupdate function has also never worked on other SD-cards with OpenElec only installed. But manual update worked there and an update channel could be configured.
Anything else I can do to get an update?
(2019-06-12, 18:17)Franz47 Wrote: Just downloaded the latest Berryboot file
If you only want to use LibreELEC, forget about Berryboot and install LibreELEC directly. Updates for LE may have a problem with BB.

(2019-06-12, 18:17)Franz47 Wrote: and installed OpenElec 8.X
OpenELEC has not been maintained for more than 2 years, and has no version 8 afaik. I think you mean LibreELEC.

Updates on LibreELEC work just fine, manually or via other means.
If you're using BerryBoot, ask them for support - every operating system image BerryBoot provide is modified to work with BerryBoot and therefore unsupported/unsupportable by the original OS developers. This goes for OpenELEC/LibreELEC too, so please ask BerryBoot for support, as any problems are BerryBoot problems. Or just stop using BerryBoot and install the OS as it is intended directly to the entire SD card, which are cheap as chips.

BTW most distributions (including LibreELEC) do suppoprt NOOBS or PINN as these multi-boot tools don't turn the OS images into unsupportable garbage, as BerryBoot does.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the input.
Yes, I meant LibreElec, sorry for the error.
Now I have used the latest NOOBS file - updating Kodi/ELEC works there and the Raspbian is installed also. I need the Raspbian for watching livestreams of Finnish TV at https://areena.yle.fi straightforward in the browser. Haven't found an addon for KODI serving for this purpose.
(2019-06-12, 18:55)Franz47 Wrote: I need the Raspbian for watching livestreams of Finnish TV at https://areena.yle.fi straightforward in the browser. Haven't found an addon for KODI serving for this purpose.

I've not idea if it still works, but what about Yle Areena API plugin?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2019-06-12, 18:55)Franz47 Wrote: Haven't found an addon for KODI serving for this purpose.

Have you tried this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329760

Don't what state it's in as there's practically no activity on that thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreElec/Kodi installed with Berryboot won't update0