• 9(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
I just installed kodi on my PC.

The on deck lag/delay is still there.

Certificates are showing up Huh

Studio Logo still overlaps the line.

Still says "0 votes"

I will do a fresh install on the s912 and see if the certs show up.
(2019-06-10, 17:16)timmins Wrote: I'm having problem with TV programs not playing. I have two rows setup, the top has new program esp  and the bottom row has my in progress tv program. The top row plays okay and the bottom row open the file location instead. The movies is setup the same but both rows play okay. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
I fixed my problem with the folders opening up instead of playing the TV episode. I changed it from "in progress tv episode" to "recommended episode". Now it works as expected.
(2019-06-13, 19:46)treboR2Robert Wrote: @bsoriano 

IMDB is now showing Big Grin  but still no certificates for TV or Movies

Is there a way not to show the number of votes ? Or do you think it is possible for kodi to add the data for me even for future stuff i add ?

I have noticed that a few of the studio logo's seem to be overlapping the line below and one touches the right edge of the screen.

I have always though they are a little small aswell really, could you cut the top line short maybe and increase the size of the studio logos ?

ImageImageImageImageImage

Also can you tell me what programs you use to skin ? I am using windows, hopefully that is what you use.

Thanks Rob
Rob,

Apologies for the delay in answering.  I think PKC is not saving the Votes info to the Kodi db, thus it shows 0 votes for you always.  I will make the votes part not show if it is 0 or empty.  I will take a look at the studio logos to fix the overlap.

To skin under Windows (which is the only OS I use) ,all I use is Notepad++ as a text editor to edit the skin files.  The Kodi Skinning Manual (it's on the Kodi Wiki) has been invaluable for me as a learning tool.  Skinning is essentially xml code.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-14, 00:21)timmins Wrote:
(2019-06-10, 17:16)timmins Wrote: I'm having problem with TV programs not playing. I have two rows setup, the top has new program esp  and the bottom row has my in progress tv program. The top row plays okay and the bottom row open the file location instead. The movies is setup the same but both rows play okay. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
I fixed my problem with the folders opening up instead of playing the TV episode. I changed it from "in progress tv episode" to "recommended episode". Now it works as expected. 
@timmins, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-13, 23:51)treboR2Robert Wrote: I just installed kodi on my PC.

The on deck lag/delay is still there.

Certificates are showing up Huh

Studio Logo still overlaps the line.

Still says "0 votes"

I will do a fresh install on the s912 and see if the certs show up.
@treboR2Robert that is weird, but confirms my own tests under Windows, in which all UK certificates are showing.  I have yet to fix the votes or the studio logos.  Working on that.

Regards,

Bart
I downloaded all the logos from the studio logos add-on and put the full size logo ( 161 x 109 ) on top of a full size 1080 screenshot from kodi.

I actually used gimp to do this one.

Looks much better I think

ImageImage

I also added a couple of separator lines

Deleted the 0 Votes

Deleted Rating from the list
(2019-06-14, 00:57)treboR2Robert Wrote: I downloaded all the logos from the studio logos add-on and put the full size logo ( 161 x 109 ) on top of a full size 1080 screenshot from kodi.

I actually used gimp to do this one.

Looks much better I think

ImageImage

I also added a couple of lines and deleted the 0 Votes
@treboR2Robert , thanks! It certainly looks better.  Unfortunately, that will not be the case for all logos, because the resource image addon does not enforce a standard sizing for the logos, so they are all different dimensions.  That is why it is hard to do proper placing for them.

Could you please check the latest from Git? The votes do not show up if empty or 0, the studio logo has been placed better (I understand that some will seem small to you, but this is the best compromise I could come up with), and I redid the UK certificate flags.  In my testing, none of the studio logos overlap the separator line or go over the edge, or are cut off at the top.  Thank you for your patience with all of these changes.  Coding is easy for me, creative design not so much.

I need to leave the rating on the right as well as studio, since not all users scrape with the same scraper, and I can't test for all possible combinations.  A lot of users also have multiple studios together in the field (many scrapers scrape it this way), so there will be no match in the resource image addon.

Thanks,

Bart
(2019-06-14, 00:22)bsoriano Wrote: Rob,

Apologies for the delay in answering.  I think PKC is not saving the Votes info to the Kodi db, thus it shows 0 votes for you always.  I will make the votes part not show if it is 0 or empty.  I will take a look at the studio logos to fix the overlap.

To skin under Windows (which is the only OS I use) ,all I use is Notepad++ as a text editor to edit the skin files.  The Kodi Skinning Manual (it's on the Kodi Wiki) has been invaluable for me as a learning tool.  Skinning is essentially xml code.

Regards,

Bart 
Yes I think the plex scraper does not scrape the vote information so it would be good if you make votes invisible if the value is 0 or empty.

I seriously think having the studio logo full size will look much better.

That is interesting that all you use is is notepad++.

I have that already and use it a lot, I take it you need the texture packer tool for adding images or even editing images though ?

Thanks
(2019-06-13, 18:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 18:38)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 18:30)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, the icons that you pointed me to before all have a white background that I had not been able to properly remove.  I tried with the 14 one, and that one looks fine from what I see.  I will do the same with the others and reduce their size.  Thanks for continuing to test as I go through this.  I will let you know once I am done so you can test again.  

Regards,

Bart
Are you shore? I'm talking about the icons at the bottom of the page. Click on them and see. The 10 for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_...Q_-_10.svg  
@edjalmo you are totally correct! I did not see those when I looked at the page.  I will use those.  I will let you know when I have them all on Git.  Thanks! 
@edjalmo, could you please test the latest from Git? I redid the Brazil certificate flags using the Wikipedia icons.  Please confirm that they are showing up and not overlapping the separator lines.  I tested all of them and they seem to be OK now.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-14, 01:14)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 00:22)bsoriano Wrote: Rob,

Regards,

Bart 
Yes I think the plex scraper does not scrape the vote information so it would be good if you make votes invisible if the value is 0 or empty.

I seriously think having the studio logo full size will look much better.

That is interesting that all you use is is notepad++.

I have that already and use it a lot, I take it you need the texture packer tool for adding images or even editing images though ?

Thanks   
Rob,

In regards to the studio logos, the sizes vary so much that I would have to leave a very big space for the logo to accommodate all possibilities, and I don't think that a lot of them will look good that way.

For the little image editing that I can do, I use Photoshop.  I don't use the texture packer tool, since when you submit a skin to the Kodi repo, they take care of packing the images for you, and whenever I provide a GitHub link, all of the images are unpacked, so they are individual files in the proper folder.

The other tools that I use are a debug xml file that shows me things like the type of content the focused container has, the id of the focused control, the name of the active window/dialog, an overlay image that has a grid so I can try to place controls as accurately as I can, and a tool developed by the developer of Artwork Beef that allows me to show infolabels and booleans while Kodi is running.

Whenever you want, I can provide you with links to those tools. 

Those 3 tools, Notepad++, the Kodi Skinning Manual (Wiki) , the skin files for other skins (so I can study how others have done what I am trying to do), the willingness/disposition of other skinners to provide advice and code, SmartGit for Windows (to hold and upload/download the skin code and all changes) and now and then Photoshop comprise my complete skinning arsenal right now.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-14, 01:16)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, could you please test the latest from Git? I redid the Brazil certificate flags using the Wikipedia icons.  Please confirm that they are showing up and not overlapping the separator lines.  I tested all of them and they seem to be OK now.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Icons are good now. But a empy space was create. Can remove?
I'm never getting the rotten tomatoes audience score. In your setup they show?
Thanks!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
On my laptop the 12, 15 and 18 certs looked like they had red lumps on the bottom.
I found out this is a year, but thought they would look much better without them which they do.
I used gimp to edit them all and think they look better now.
Even removed the dates from U and PG although they was not as noticeable
They are all the latest ones.
Maybe add them to amber ?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I noticed that this ratings are hard to build. I'm not talking about icons, positions. I'm talking about how Kodi show them. The default movie scraper (the movie database) has an option to select from what country they will get this info, but they always show the prefix "rated". So, if a brazilian user that are using this scraper will not get brazilian ratings. They have to use Universal Movie Scraper to this.
@bsoriano when you release this skin put a disclaimer saying someting like that:
Quote:For better get ratings use Univesal Movie Scraper and use this prefix. For get Brazil ratings use "Classificação ", for United Kingdom use "UK: "...
Unless Kodi better this...
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-06-14, 01:21)bsoriano Wrote: Rob,

In regards to the studio logos, the sizes vary so much that I would have to leave a very big space for the logo to accommodate all possibilities, and I don't think that a lot of them will look good that way.

For the little image editing that I can do, I use Photoshop.  I don't use the texture packer tool, since when you submit a skin to the Kodi repo, they take care of packing the images for you, and whenever I provide a GitHub link, all of the images are unpacked, so they are individual files in the proper folder.

The other tools that I use are a debug xml file that shows me things like the type of content the focused container has, the id of the focused control, the name of the active window/dialog, an overlay image that has a grid so I can try to place controls as accurately as I can, and a tool developed by the developer of Artwork Beef that allows me to show infolabels and booleans while Kodi is running.

Whenever you want, I can provide you with links to those tools. 

Those 3 tools, Notepad++, the Kodi Skinning Manual (Wiki) , the skin files for other skins (so I can study how others have done what I am trying to do), the willingness/disposition of other skinners to provide advice and code, SmartGit for Windows (to hold and upload/download the skin code and all changes) and now and then Photoshop comprise my complete skinning arsenal right now.

Regards,

Bart 
I see what you mean about the studio logos, the smallest in the list is about 75x75 and biggest is about 700 lol.

Thanks for the tips on skinning, I think I am defiantly going to give it a go at some point.

Got to take the dog out now though for his midnight wee Sleepy

I will try the latest git when i get back

Thanks again
(2019-06-14, 01:33)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 01:16)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, could you please test the latest from Git? I redid the Brazil certificate flags using the Wikipedia icons.  Please confirm that they are showing up and not overlapping the separator lines.  I tested all of them and they seem to be OK now.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Icons are good now. But a empy space was create. Can remove?
I'm never getting the rotten tomatoes audience score. In your setup they show?
Thanks! 
@edjalmo , the space is there because there are other certificate flags for other countries which are wider than the Brazilian ones.  In my setup I do see the RT audience score.  However, I do not use UMS to scrape, I use Media Center to get the info and generate NFO files, and the only scraper I use in Kodi is Local Files.

Regards,

Bart
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1